It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antediluvian Sphinx in ARKANSAS... with UAPs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
FEEL FREE TO SHARE
[disclaimer- large files]

While telling a friend about the Pyramid K 2019 documentary he told me about a sphinx shaped rock formation here in Arkansas, less than two hours away up the conspicuously numbered highways 123, 4840, anddd 1800. This took me by surprise as I've lived here my entire life and never even heard of this place. It towers above the landscape, perched on the side of a large hill/mountain/ overlooking where a river used to be.
photos.app.goo.gl...

After pulling up maps and comparing the rock formation with the Egyptian sphinx I noticed some similarities in the layout of the areas and the orientation and size of the sphinxes. Archeologists claim this is a natural formation.
photos.app.goo.gl...

This rock seems to be part brick, part "natural", part seam overflow from molding, and all unnatural.

Here's my buddy G.R.C. for scale photos.app.goo.gl...

After some CE5 meditation we saw this, not sure what to think of it-

Here's the Whole Album photos.app.goo.gl...

More to come-
סַמָּאֵל‎

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Comp0sMentis

Nice find!

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And my avatar is an ancient troll who sat down on his haunches to munch a little granola and was petrified by an alien petrification beam in 1158 AD.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The native Americans liked to carve rocks and also knew how to make pottery. I have a rock out by the garden with a hand print on it made by some small kid or something long ago, I found it about a foot under the ground when digging out an area to level it here along with many other rocks lined up in a row in the same vicinity.

It was probably some kids or native american artists trying to make some sort of animal statue. Carving rocks happened everywhere in the world, The native Americans living here were not all savages or heathens, some were very talented artists and of course, some were wantabe artists. They had to learn somehow, so most of the carved stone stuff you find is not exceptional quality art. I kind of like finding rocks that were ground by regular people.

Even in Italy where people made impressive statues, people carved stone too, you do not get great without practice. I showed my rocks I got from digging to my Friend who came from Italy and he said those are common rocks, Italy has all kinds of ground and flaked stones in the fields at the farm he lived on. I mentioned that everyone needed to practice and he thought about it and said I suppose so and said that you cannot get good without practicing. He was a very good mason. He worked on the farm till he moved here when he was eighteen years old. Funny how people can't see things in their environment until someone points it out, we have a beautiful area around here and people are so used to it it is boring to them. The young want to go to the city and see all man has created, yet people in the cities pay great money to go stay in the wilderness.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It looks like the cartoon dog Pluto.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And my avatar is an ancient troll who sat down on his haunches to munch a little granola and was petrified by an alien petrification beam in 1158 AD.

Good on ya! Mock and deride to show the world how intelligent you are and, at the same time, attempt to discredit someone who points out something interesting and is curious about it, wanting to share and engender discussion.

It's folk like you make ATS what it is .. Or, rather, what it's become.
edit on 2021 1 18 by incoserv because: typos.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm impressed that among so many photos, there are SO FEW of the Sphinx itself. Except for one or two, we only get to see multiple photos of the lower part. I'm intrigued, but not convinced. The videos are barely relevant.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'd agree that it is not "natural" looking, though nature does make right angles when rock fractures at times.

It's small and likely man made by ancient folk, native Amerindian or settler.

It could be antediluvian, too, sure, but it lacks the grandeur and presence we associate with "Sphinxies."

If subsequent excavation brings up a grid of streets and ten foot marble pedestals mounted with still-functioning power crystals ...then the land owner would be mad and the Smithsonian would cover it back up.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Where is this rock formation? I'm in central AR and might want to go take a look for myself.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
To me, this looks like a natural rock formation that was created because this whole area used to be under water. Lime deposits settled at the bottom of this "sea" and over millions of years, it was washed away leaving various shapes. By way of illustration, at the extreme southern tip of Illinois, (which is quite near the same area of the OP), in the Shawnee National Forest, there is an area called "Garden Of The Gods." It is world famous because there is a rock shaped like a camel. It is, of course, known as Camel Rock. It was sculpted because of the ancient waters it used to lie beneath. Here's a recent picture of Camel Rock I took on November 4th, 2020 and you can clearly discern the shape does indeed resemble a camel:

Unlike some nasty people on here, who's initials are not "Trade Marked," I think it's a fascinating find and think it's quite interesting. I just wanted to add to the discussion like a normal, non-loony, person.

TCB
edit on 18-1-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added one point of reference area.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Looks like petrified wood, covered in dirt and mud. At the start where he films the vertical surface on the right, it looks like rings that a tree stump would have.

duckduckgo.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Where is this rock formation? I'm in central AR and might want to go take a look for myself.

goo.gl...

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
To me, this looks like a natural rock formation that was created because this whole area used to be under water. Lime deposits settled at the bottom of this "sea" and over millions of years, it was washed away leaving various shapes. By way of illustration, at the extreme southern tip of Illinois, (which is quite near the same area of the OP), in the Shawnee National Forest, there is an area called "Garden Of The Gods." It is world famous because there is a rock shaped like a camel. It is, of course, known as Camel Rock. It was sculpted because of the ancient waters it used to lie beneath. Here's a recent picture of Camel Rock I took on November 4th, 2020 and you can clearly discern the shape does indeed resemble a camel:

Unlike some nasty people on here, who's initials are not "Trade Marked," I think it's a fascinating find and think it's quite interesting. I just wanted to add to the discussion like a normal, non-loony, person.

TCB

There are ancient cabins that have become caves too.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I'd agree that it is not "natural" looking, though nature does make right angles when rock fractures at times.

It could be antediluvian, too, sure, but it lacks the grandeur and presence we associate with "Sphinxies."

If subsequent excavation brings up a grid of streets and ten foot marble pedestals mounted with still-functioning power crystals ...then the land owner would be mad and the Smithsonian would cover it back up.

Sorry the perspective isn't more clear. They are the same size and orientation with cardinal directions. Here's a lighter for scale photos.app.goo.gl...
I tried to copy the lighter into the photo but a pixel was bigger than it, it's the red speck in the other window. The small piece on top of it's head where the headdress was is easily 8-10' tall. Those are not small trees next where its head comes through.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Looks like petrified wood, covered in dirt and mud. At the start where he films the vertical surface on the right, it looks like rings that a tree stump would have.

duckduckgo.com...

It's definitely striated but is much different than petrified wood in texture. There are some globs that appear to be drips of molten slag that fused to the rock surface in a couple of the videos. Sorry I haven't had time to edit them all, I'm learning how to do all this doing it the first time

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
I'm impressed that among so many photos, there are SO FEW of the Sphinx itself. Except for one or two, we only get to see multiple photos of the lower part. I'm intrigued, but not convinced. The videos are barely relevant.
*I took plenty of videos of the sphinx to grab stills from, I did take too many photos of the ground but I was trying to document the rubble. While these rocks can commonly break off at 90 angles... where did they break off from? They're loose, out of place stones, indicating to me that they were moved there to begin with before being washed downstream a bit.
edit on 18-1-2021 by Comp0sMentis because: There are -> I took

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I would say that there are folks who automatically read posts from a negative perspective.

The things about Apophenia and Pareidolia is that our minds see familiarity even when there is none other than in the perception of the viewer. Our brains make up things to see from both past observations and imaginations. Our OP offered such a case and I offered another. Both are based in past observations and or imaginations.

You however took umbrage based, as it appears, not on open minded inquisitiveness but rather some preconceived notion.
I didn't go to any lengths to explain the connections to the object presented by OP and my own avatar as I just assumed that anyone with any time on these boards would already be familiar with the concepts that make them similar.

As I can surmise by your years of visiting ATS you surely know about both Apophinia and Pareidolia so your objections must come from some other corner, what corner I will leave up to you to decide.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

My appologies if I left any indication that I was either mocking or deriding or discrediting your additions to this forum. It appears that my earlier reply was taken in a negative manner by another member so I would like to clear up any misunderstanding I may have accidentally put forth.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My work was added to google street view!! goo.gl...

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

up close video
edit on 21-1-2021 by Comp0sMentis because: fixed url

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join