It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Popcorn Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Can you guess what day is National Popcorn Day?

www.google.com...
nationaltoday.com...

This has to be the most epic LOL I have ever seen. I'll have mine ready, how about you?

Enjoy the movie.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

If we're gonna celebrate Popcorn Day, it should be for Popcorn Sutton and celebrate accordingly.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I like making popcorn in a big pot, using refined coconut oil to pop it then dowsing it with real butter and sea salt.

I get a headache from popcorn, but a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of sugar in a glass of warm water gets rid of that popcorn headache every time. It works for some other headaches too, but I cannot actually pin down what kind it works on other than my popcorn headaches. I eliminated the possibility of butter and salt causing the headaches many times over the years so I knew it was coming directly from the popcorn itself. Got them with the airpopper too.

Pickle juice can work too, but not always like the apple cider vinegar does. I use the stuff with mother, I do not know if commercial stuff works.

Whether this works for other people I do not know, but it does work for my two daughters and some of their kids the same as it does for me. I discovered this and taught my kids who shared the knowledge with friends. Aspirin or tylenol does nothing for that kind of headache.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sometimes corn makes me feel like I ate glass, I really miss popcorn, and nachos, and a cob on bbq.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Orville Redenbacher ain't no dummy. Micro wave popcorn; stroke of real genius. Dose that corn with a little Ghost pepper sause and some parmesan cheese; Crack open a 40oz and live the American dream.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have never liked popcorn, not crazy about the taste or the bits that cut your mouth but the worst is the smell. I really hate the smell of popcorn.

The weird thing is that people get mad when you tell them you don’t like it.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm on a diet and popcorn is my go-to snack, we got that silicon microwave popcorn popper and it's the best 10 bucks I ever spent. Of course, I miss the traditional stuff, but it's oil-free, salt-free and it pops almost all the kernels. Gonna have to try the ghost or reaper pepper on it, I have been using cayenne and curry powder, and it so good.

I have tried the Ass-Kicking Carolina reaper popcorn and it is good, it does make me tear up eating it though, and it's hot enough it keeps me from polishing off the whole bag.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I have never liked popcorn, not crazy about the taste or the bits that cut your mouth but the worst is the smell. I really hate the smell of popcorn.

It tastes good smothered in butter and salt. I don't care for air popped dry popcorn that much. I really dislike microwave popcorn, it seems so fake to me. I knew quite a few people who don't care for popcorn, your dislike of popcorn isn't even unusual.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It tastes good smothered in butter and salt. I don't care for air popped dry popcorn that much. I really dislike microwave popcorn, it seems so fake to me. I knew quite a few people who don't care for popcorn, your dislike of popcorn isn't even unusual.

Oh, it's definitely better to have a real popcorn maker with all the oils and salt. My mom is a popcorn addict and way back in the '80s before you could find and buy stuff on the internet. I was at one of our trade shows and right across from me was a popcorn vendor and it was slow so we talked a good bit. Anyway, he lamenting have to haul all the stuff way back to his truck, so I told him I'd buy a couple of cases and he sold me 2 cases the oil packets with popcorn LOL my mom had enough popcorn for 2 years and it was so good, IIRC the key is coconut or palm oil, yes you can use others but nothing tastes like the old just popped movie theater popcorn.

edit on 18-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join