It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI probing Capitol riot link to foreign governments, groups

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The FBI is investigating whether foreign governments, organisations or individuals provided financial support to people who helped plan and execute the January 6 attack on the Capitol, a news report said on Sunday.

www.aljazeera.com...

There are going to be many attempts here to discredit this news source but they can not be any more discredited than the domestic mainstream news sources we have been subjected to in these last 5 years.
This report can be taken of rejected at your individual pleasures but I, for one, put more credence in this site as any other available to us these days.
link
Video imbedded.

The FBI is investigating whether foreign governments, organisations or individuals provided financial support to people who helped plan and execute the January 6 attack on the Capitol, a news report said on Sunday.

As part of the investigation, the FBI is examining payments of $500,000 in bitcoin, apparently by a French national, to key figures and groups in the far right before the riot, one current and one former FBI official told NBC News.

The payments were documented and posted online last week by a company that analyses cryptocurrency transfers. Bitcoin payments can be traced because they are documented on a public ledger.

The current FBI official was quoted as saying the bitcoin transfers appear to have been made by a French computer programmer who took his own life on December 8 last year after triggering the transfers, according to French media.

The cryptocurrency payments prompted the FBI to examine whether any of the money was used to fund illegal acts, which, if true, raises the possibility of money-laundering and conspiracy charges, the FBI official said.

On December 8, Chainalysis reported the donor sent 28.15 BTC – worth about $522,000 at the time of transfer – to 22 separate addresses, many of which belong to far-right activists.

The Chainalysis blog post, first highlighted by Yahoo News, said far-right podcaster Nick Fuentes received the most money, 13.5 BTC – worth about $250,000.

Believe this, or more if you visit the link.

ETA:

One group of Fuentes’ supporters, which calls itself the Groyper Army, was filmed running through the Capitol carrying a large blue flag with the America First logo, ProPublica reported.

“We’re looking at and treating this just like a significant international counter-terrorism or counter-intelligence operation,” Michael Sherwin, the US attorney in Washington, DC, said at a news briefing last week.

“We’re looking at everything: Money, travel records, looking at disposition, movement, communication records.”

edit on 18-1-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

How's a single programmer who donated his coins "government"?

Ah I see came later. But... al-Jazeera?

edit on 18-1-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Try it now.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Okay, yes, they're both the same.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The FBI isn’t really investigating sh!t. They are in on this plan to tear America apart. We can’t trust a thing they say.

Speaking of trust, I agree with you about your source. Every mainstream source in the US is totally defunct.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

The FBI isn’t really investigating sh!t. They are in on this plan to tear America apart. We can’t trust a thing they say.

Speaking of trust, I agree with you about your source. Every mainstream source in the US is totally defunct.

Same here. I would absolutely believe Al Jazeera or even RT before I believed CNN.

And at this point, the FBI doesn't really have any credibility left to lose either. They've become so hopelessly political.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If proven true, some people are going to be in a lot more trouble than they already are.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The payments were documented and posted online last week by a company that analyses cryptocurrency transfers. Bitcoin payments can be traced because they are documented on a public ledger.

Did someone want this to be found? Seriously. I'm having trouble believing that someone funding criminals acts would do so in a way so easily traced unless they wanted to be "caught."

The current FBI official was quoted as saying the bitcoin transfers appear to have been made by a French computer programmer who took his own life on December 8 last year after triggering the transfers, according to French media.

Of course. Isn't that always how it works?

Okay, so the guy who made the transfers cannot tell the tale. How about the people who received the monies? Nick Fuentes is named and shamed, but I don't see anyone reporting what Nick says about the transfer. Has anyone bothered to ask him? Is he in hiding? Does he still have a podcast and has he addressed the allegations there?

And can someone skool me on Bitcoin please? Does a bitcoin transfer require the approval of the receiving party? Is it possible for French dude (or someone acting on behalf of French dude) to transfer his bitcoin to another person (Fuentes, for example) without Fuentes' explicit knowledge and consent? Or is it like PayPal where you can send money to anyone with an email/phone number? Would Fuentes (for example) be notified immediately of any such transfers? Or would it be included on a monthly or quarterly statement?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If proven true, some people are going to be in a lot more trouble than they already are.

and it needs to be that way. Anyone who planned and executed this needs to be punished if found guilty.

It was wrong, and remains wrong.

And the left needs to realize this isn't the right as a whole, but a fringe element. Just as ANTIFA and BLM are. But unlike that aspect, some on the right condemn this, were as, most on the left ignore BLM and ANTIFA and their actions.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What a shock, alt-right supporters/trump loyalists were (and are still) being played by russian propagandists, if only their meddling had been obvious earlier...
edit on 18-1-2021 by wheresthebody because: werdz

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
What a shock, alt-right supporters/trump loyalists were (and are still) being played by russian propagandists, if only their meddling had been obvious earlier...

You mean, the "alt-right activists" who have been recorded on video openly bragging about being Antifa? Those guys?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Is that somehow more bad than the leftists and Chinese propagandists and meddling?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
You mean, the "alt-right activists" who have been recorded on video openly bragging about being Antifa? Those guys?

Let's see the videos.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Left and right are just the fields for the sheep to bleat at each other from.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I would love to see these clips.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The FBI really needs to investigate George Soros and anyone receiving payoff money from him, therein lies the real problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

"The FBI is probing..."

You lost me there.

Show me one useful high profile investigation the FBI has conducted in the past 4 years. In the face of a massive amount of crimes that have benefited the deep state, the FBI has been useless.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hope they would investigate BOTH SIDES the same way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join