It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Looking for Armored Military Humvee Stolen from National Guard Facility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If it is indeed stolen, wonder how far it got.

An up-armored military Humvee is about the most conspicuous vehicle one could take.

Not like you'll go around unnoticed until the cops stop you for something else.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I can't help but chuckle when I see these stories.

I hope it's just some pranksters and no one gets hurt, sincerely.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540
Most likely it was loaded on a flatbed and transported out to be used for a false flag operation.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

I doubt it, look at that thing, it will be deadlined right after it got off the flatbed. National Guard vehicles aren’t known for their reliability....members who have had the pleasure of convoying stateside will know exactly what I’m talking about.

It doesn’t look like it even have any weapons systems. Just a training vehicle.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
From what I've heard from ng guys it will probably only make it 20-40 miles before it breaks down
edit on 1 17 2021 by dashen because: Vroom

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, you don't see this everyday...

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

They do upgrades all the time. Depot maintenance is one of the main jobs in the military.

As far as it being stolen? Not exactly a shocker. Things go missing all the time. Rarely a full blown HMMWV, but still not unprecedented. As others have said, they do not need a key to start. If you know the right way, it's really easy to do. Also, up-armored or not, the average person would probably just internalize, "Oh, look. Army truck," if they saw it go by and quickly forget about it. Now, if it were armed, that might cause some more noteworthy reactions. That does not seem to be the case, however.

The article you linked also makes it sound like this is a huge base. It's not. Bigger than some depots, sure, but nothing crazy. Chances are, if you're in an urban or suburban community, you have at least one NG armory within twenty miles of you.

Let's take a look at this one though.

Here is the location of the Bell, CA, NG armory located within the city limits (red lines). It is located in the northeast section of the city, in a medium-heavy industrial area. Running along the northern fence line is a sing railroad track. The south is Rickenbacker Rd.

Here it is zoomed in a tad more. The motor pool is the lighter parking lot to the west. You can see trailers, HMMWVs, MRAPs, all kinds of goodies in there. There are no guard stations. There are no check points.

There are two gates that enter the facility off Rickenbacker Rd. This is a close up of the west gate, closest to the motorpool. Nothing crazy for security, as you can see. The eastern gate is similar. How often have you seen a swing arm or sliding fence gate stuck in the open position?

And here is the entrance gate from the main parking lot of the facility to the motorpool. As you can see, nary a security feature.

These lax and relatively non-existent security features should help you understand why this would be so easy to pull off. It may be worth noting that the fence line along the railroad tracks, about 1500 feet in length by the motorpool, would also provide an easy in- and egress point. I doubt there is much beyond CCTV overlooking that.

As far as the conspiracy aspect of it goes, it's a nice thought. Plenty of time for it to make its way to DC or state government from the time it was reported missing to Jan 20. However, especially in the case of DC, with the occupation there it wouldn't get far. They'd have been much better off taking an MRAP if that were the plan.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It'll appear on Pimp My Armour next week.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Surprisingly, it has been found.

FBI locates stolen California National Guard Humvee

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join