It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture 2021 - 2022 - Get ready.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Rapture - The English word 'rapture' derives from the Latin verb 'Rapere,' meaning 'to carry off,' or 'to catch up.' Although the term 'rapture' is not found in the Bible, the theory is based on Scripture. Those who accept the Rapture theory believe that all non-believers on earth at the time will be left behind for the tribulation period.

Don't feel like too much writing tonight.......not feeling too good at the moment - Will expand tomorrow so here is a little taste to start your research:

I need to get this out....why not tonight. I have been made aware for some time.....through prayer and vision....the month of Nisan (march/april)

Creation - Nisan

Adam and Eve (First man/woman made with spirit inside) - Nisan. (Other people on planet without spirit.... Neanderthal is one race...etc.. )

Watchers fall - Nisan

Sin Flood - Nisan

Egypt releases Israel - Nisan

Birth of Christ - Nisan

Death of Christ - Nisan

Resurrection of Christ - Nisan

Siege and destruction of Jerusalem - Nisan

Christ's return????? - Nisan ......

When will the rapture occur? No idea.

I used to not believe in the rapture due it not clearly expressed in the bible but after studying and with prayer this supernatural upcoming event will occur and I believe either this year....latest.....next year no later than the month of Sivan (May)

The rapture will be a pretribulation event....both the apostles believed this and the apostles disciples....

Another part of the puzzle - 1 John 5:7 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit.

If your bible does not show this verse correctly ....throw your bible in the trash.....

edit on 17-1-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Many years off imo if it does indeed occur.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Rapture theory was cooked up long after the Bible was written, and IIRC, it was part of the RCC's counter-reformation. Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Check back tomorrow

Easy to prove but need my books and they are in the library and too lazy to get them.

Rapture word from 1830's ....I get it----

a reply to: Lazarus Short

edit on 17-1-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Leave your keys, please.
And your usernames and passwords.

edit on 1/17/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yes. I'm looking forward to a new car after you have abandoned it, so don't take that key fob with you.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
oh stop it... ain't never gonna happen

face it this world sucks... but you're here til you're not... god isn't going to suck anyone up into the clouds

He doesn't work that way

and 1 john 5:7 was an addition to the text by the way...

edit on 17-1-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I still have some toilet paper left from the first time I prepared for rapture.
I'm ready.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You will neither know the time or the day.
Best be the best damn christian you can be now and forever more.
Lest you be caught without lamp oil when the bridegroom calls.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The "Rapture" theory is essentially based on 1 Thessalonians ch 4 v17; "We shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord". "RAPTUS" is the Latin for "taken up". But the theory ignores the larger context of the verse, which makes it clear that this "being taken up" belongs to the Return of Christ. and marks the change between the current state of the world and the new state of the world after Chrsit returns.

In any case, I have always deplored any attempts to fix dates to the events of the end-times. As far as I'm concerned, the "fixing dates" obsession is the bane of modern popular Bible interpretations. Invariably, ever since at least the 1840's, the unconscious reasoning-process is "I want a date for the end-times which means that everything happens soon and within my lifetime- what can I juggle around to make that work?" If people could just stop being so anxious to see these events with their own eyes, they could save thermselves a lot of wasted time.

edit on 17-1-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Rapture - The English word 'rapture' derives from the Latin verb 'Rapere,' meaning 'to carry off,' or 'to catch up.' Although the term 'rapture' is not found in the Bible, the theory is based on Scripture. Those who accept the Rapture theory believe that all non-believers on earth at the time will be left behind for the tribulation period.

Don't feel like too much writing tonight.......not feeling too good at the moment - Will expand tomorrow so here is a little taste to start your research:

I need to get this out....why not tonight. I have been made aware for some time.....through prayer and vision....the month of Nisan (march/april)

Creation - Nisan

Adam and Eve (First man/woman made with spirit inside) - Nisan. (Other people on planet without spirit.... Neanderthal is one race...etc.. )

Watchers fall - Nisan

Sin Flood - Nisan

Egypt releases Israel - Nisan

Birth of Christ - Nisan

Death of Christ - Nisan

Resurrection of Christ - Nisan

Siege and destruction of Jerusalem - Nisan

Christ's return????? - Nisan ......

When will the rapture occur? No idea.

I used to not believe in the rapture due it not clearly expressed in the bible but after studying and with prayer this supernatural upcoming event will occur and I believe either this year....latest.....next year no later than the month of Sivan (May)

The rapture will be a pretribulation event....both the apostles believed this and the apostles disciples....

Another part of the puzzle - 1 John 5:7 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit.

If your bible does not show this verse correctly ....throw your bible in the trash.....

THE HUMAN THEORY!!!! Take about conspiracy theories?

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I can not find rapture in my Greek lexicon nor in the Strong concordance.

I wonder if there is an intermediary word that i am missing?

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
I can not find rapture in my Greek lexicon nor in the Strong concordance.

I wonder if there is an intermediary word that i am missing?

Yes... the word is "reality"

Which the rapture is not..

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yes... the word is "reality"

Which the rapture is not..

Well that depends on your faith.
edit on 1/17/2021 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta
The intermediary word is RAPTUS, which is the Latin version of "taken up"; found in 1 Thessalonians ch4 v17, but taken the wrong way by Rapture theorists.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

"Taken up?" How about "seized?"
Ever wonder why birds of prey are called raptors?

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Yes, the extended concept is a rapid removal, not controlled by one's own volition. Hence "rapture" in the sense of being "seized" by a powerful emotion. Though W.S. Gilbert famously called for "modified rapture".

edit on 17-1-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Greek word please? I try and stay within Greek and English derivations.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I saw a snake get raptured by a redtail hawk once.
It was awesome. Especially since it was from an arial point of view.

edit on 1/17/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Latin, actually.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join