It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else a knife nut??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

My EDC is the mini-Griptilian with the sheepsfoot blade and a straight grind. Also have a mimi-grip with the regular drop point blade. The perfect EDC knife in my opinion. /love the inverted clip.

Doesn't look like the still make the mini-grip anymore. The full size Griptilian you can still get though. Should have bought a cuple more I guess,

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

When I was looking for a new EDC, I was 100% set on a reverse tanto. So, Griptilian was out. There actually arent many with that blade shape of any make..

With Benchmades though (or any decent company), you can buy used with some semblance of confidence. Just dont expect a Benchmade to go for much less used than new.. But you can get as many Griptilians as ya want!

Heres muh baby. Best knife Ive ever owned, even outclasses my other Benchmades for my purposes.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My edc at this time is a Spyderco PM2 with s35vn steel. I love Spyderco knives, you could say I'm addicted! So I have a couple Spyderco folders, a Mora, two Becker and a newly acquired Terävä Jääkäripuukko 110 in 80crv2 steel.

I have a couple sharpening systems, like the Worksharp Ken Onion edition. I use that to put a convex edge on bigger blades. For my folders ill use my Smiths 2in1 and every few months I'll pull out my Lansky with the diamond stones. Haven't gotten into stropping yet but I'm interested.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Nice!!

It's amazing the difference between a good knife and a great knife, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

Spyderco are nice knives too.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I love that knife ... reminds me of my Benchmade 710 ... great balance ... the knife comes flying out ...

The Osborne like you have is one I kinda regret never having.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

My EDC before the Osborne was the 910 Stryker w/ liner lock. Which kind of looks like the ancestor to the 710. I think the Stryker is *The* most durable knife Ive ever had though. Mine has been through unimaginable abuse. For as much as I love the Osborne, Im not sure it would have survived the same.

The things about the Osborne that really appealed to me are; reverse tanto(!!), grip, balance, and overall comfort. Annnnnd.. looks

I think its a beautiful blade.

Even so, from reviews it looks like QC might have slipped a bit for the Osbornes. It had everything I wanted though, and mine was flawless.

Benchmades also seem to have the quality of always finding their way home to me. Sounds a bit strange, Im sure.. but for how much I use my EDC, sometimes things happen! Yet, my benchmades always find their way back after being lost. I havent exactly tested it out too much, and we certainly wont be seeing it in a PR campaign, but its a thing for me.

For actual martial arts though, my main small, small blade (vs a traditional wakizashi) is a KA-BAR tdi fixed blade. Its so much fun!

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Henckels

I love those knives....the Germans never make bad stuff.
Thats my fav kitchen knife.

Henckel in the kitchen and a Kabar in the woods.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I was a big JA Henckels guy up until I met my wife. All her knives were Wusthof. After I got to using them I got spoiled.

Now we have (hopefully) the best knife for any application, regardless of brand. Our knife drawers and wall blocks are an assortment of different knives, all outstanding in their field. Of course, there are still a lot of knives I can not, and probably will never be able to, afford, but that's knives.

ETA - I still love my Henckels, and have several, but the Wustof's sure are nice (and heavy too). Also have a number of Victorinox commercial knives, along with Forschner (now Victorinox) and many others. I've even got a couple Mercer's that I'm very happy with. We don't have multiple knives for one purpose, just (hopefully) the best one. The rest I give away.

edit on 1/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My EDC is a keychain, it looks like a key and is a knife....I wanted to take a pic and show it off but I can't find my camera and am still rocking a flip phone so its a no go.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I carry a 'whatyamacallit' (I think that's what it's called) on my keychain. It's by Nite eyeze (or sumthin' like that). I'm in airports a lot, so I can't carry a blade, but that thing will open boxes and letters, plus it's a sorta-wrench and a really handy screw driver / scraper.

ETA - Oops...I'm sorry; it's called a "DoohicKey" and the company is Nite Ize...

This is it.

It's handy as heck!!
edit on 1/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

My key ring knife is the Swiss Tech Utili-key.I seldom use it, but it is there.... if for no other reason, just to cause problems at metal detector checkpoints.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join