It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's what I don't understand!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If this has been posted, my apologies; I didn' see it.

Maybe I'm misinformed, but isn't the only person who can order National Guard troops to D.C. the "president"?

The president, until Jan 20, like it or not, is Trump. Not Biden.

Why would Trump order 25-50,000 NG troops to DC?

I'm probably just being stoopid, maybe it's the meds, but I don't get it. It doesn't make sense.

There are nearly THREE entire DIVISIONS of military personnel converging on DC!! The entire D-Day invasion in Europe was only 3 divisions of US troops for cripes sakes!!! Yes, there were some British and Canadian troops also, but still D-Day was the largest mobilization of men and machines in the history of mankind!!

What the hell is going on????

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I heard the rumor that the DOD has taken over and won't
answer to Trump or Biden.I don't know this for a fact.
Here is a link I read earlier...
thecommonsenseshow.com...
edit on 16-1-2021 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

From the great and always correct Wiki-

Duties and administrative organization-

National Guard units can be mobilized for federal active duty to supplement regular armed forces during times of war or national emergency declared by Congress, the President or the Secretary of Defense. They can also be activated for service in their respective states upon declaration of a state of emergency by the governor of the state or territory where they serve, or in the case of Washington, D.C., by the Commanding General. Unlike U.S. Army Reserve members, National Guard members cannot be mobilized individually, except through voluntary transfers and Temporary Duty Assignments (TDY).

I’m curious in the case of governors, if they declare a state of emergency, is it them who call them in or is it the President still?

In any case, it doesn’t seem to me that the President is the only one who can activate them. Someone more knowledgeable than I surely knows the definite answer.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"Transition" Teams or "teams"...flow thru unabated each time.

It's that continuity of gov thing. ie: "Train kept a rollin all night long"( metaphor).

Seems back thru past elects..theres always "something" else-suits....that's present in-coming, out-going...

Seen before elections...these guys fade the sec it's switched
edit on 16-1-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

So it's military coup then?

Maybe that's best at this point.

This is just insane! All of it!!

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think governors and maybe mayors can call up the National Guard.
Pelosi already went behind Trumps back and negotiated with the JCS.
They all violated their oaths that state the POTUS is the Commnder in Chief of the military.
I think most of our top military brass has been compromised in some way, either blackmail or bought off.
The boots on the ground, however, are all pro Trumpers which could make things interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Like I said I don't really know and I added a link for all to see.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Well, state governor's can activate NG troops within their borders, and I believe they can ask neighboring governor's to do the same to assist, but DC is different. Plus, only the president can 'federalize' them.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The president, until Jan 20, like it or not, is Trump.

You have any proof of that?

Maybe it is Pence.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Issued on: January 11, 2021

Today, President Donald J. Trump declared that an emergency exists in the District of Columbia and ordered Federal assistance to supplement the District’s response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from the 59th Presidential Inauguration from January 11 to January 24, 2021.

The President’s action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts which have the purpose of alleviating the hardship and suffering caused by the emergency on the local population, and to provide appropriate assistance for required emergency measures, authorized under Title V of the Stafford Act, to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, and to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in the District of Columbia.

www.whitehouse.gov...
edit on 16-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Nope, none whatsoever!

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes, I saw this earlier, but NG troops had been called up before this.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Issued on: January 11, 2021

Today, President Donald J. Trump declared that an emergency exists in the District of Columbia and ordered Federal assistance to supplement the District’s response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from the 59th Presidential Inauguration from January 11 to January 24, 2021.

The President’s action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts which have the purpose of alleviating the hardship and suffering caused by the emergency on the local population, and to provide appropriate assistance for required emergency measures, authorized under Title V of the Stafford Act, to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, and to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in the District of Columbia.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Why isn't the actual document on the website? It seems like it usually is, with the presidents signature and everything.

edit on 16-1-2021 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Pointed to the same thing and got nothing for an answer so
it's not the meds. Hope you get some feed back.

It could be he just filled a request made by a local?
edit on 16-1-2021 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It could also be as simple as Trump not wanting riots and lunacy going on Wednesday because he knows he’ll catch 100% of the blame for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Okay, but you could accomplish that with 1/10th as many troops.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good god FCD, you should know by now that Biden has no support from ordinary Americans so the democrats have used a double edged sword. They've "invited" the NG to the inauguration to fill the seats and pretend to like him. Then they're there to protect him from the rioters, whoops sorry the loyalists that they promoted last year.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are currently 2,500 troops in Iraq.

There are currently 4,000 troops in Afghanistan.

There are nearly 10x TIMES that many troops in DC!!!!

Think about this!!

W...T...F...Over?????

edit on 1/16/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
I'll be interested in seeing if they order the NG to fill those seats, since Biden had such an issue with gathering support at his half dozen rallies.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

They're not 'invited'...they've been 'ordered' there.

And...Biden can't do any 'ordering'...yet.

edit on 1/16/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join