It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My return to reality, or rather, that one time I went crazy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I put this in the Short Stories forum, because I've started to share my experience under such format.

However, I'd like to use a more direct approach for this part.

And so I say, this is not just a story, but what I lived.

For the first time in my existence, I truly felt like Myself.

After realizing truths and lies, when the veil was lifted and the tapestry of Life was made visible to me, I beheld it gladly.

My adventure of self-discovery, following lights and sounds, and avoiding sinister paths and influences had come to an end; for once I accepted my fate, I entered the waters.

At the last moment, I changed my mind and wanted to live, but the waters had me in their grasp, and she was pulling me down.

I fought and screamed for help and got angry, so angry. How could they let die like this after all we went through?

Then I heard a man's voice coming from inside my head; "take a deep breath" he reassured me in a calm and confident tone.

Take a deep breath!? I'm drowning! What sort of mad council is this!?

But what other choice did I have? I could keep fighting and screaming and get angrier, and what then?

In a flash of insight, I remembered what awaits me on the other side, and so I spread my arms, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath.

Fully expecting to swallow a mouthful of water and slowly drown as I am pulled fiercely down into the waters, I was confused to say the least when I opened my eyes on dry land.

Just in the time to close my eyes and open them, I was now on the dock, surrounded by EMTs and police officers and curious bystanders.

I fell down on one knee, leaning forward, hunched over.

A few moments ago, I had made the greatest realization of my life, and I felt whole; I felt true, and I was in absolute harmony.

I had cast off all doubt which so haunted me and had achieved Selfhood.

At this time however, as I rest in respite, I find myself drifting away from my Home, from my undeniable Self, only to fall into myself as a confused man again filling with doubt.

Someone put a blanket over me, and someone put their hand on my shoulder. I thanked them for this, it felt very comforting.

I heard someone say "They fished him out of the river."

Another asks "Did he vomit?" One can safely assume that a drowning victim would puke out water as they are re-animated, but it was not so in my case.

That's just the thing, I don't recall being "re-animated."

From my point of view, I was being dragged down into the waters one second, and I was standing (falling to my knee) elsewhere the next.

I never swallowed water or choke, I don't recall being pulled out of the water either.

The sun felt bright, I felt blinded by the light, it was hard to look around.

I started to doubt everything, and I honestly didn't even know who I was anymore.

When they asked me if I was ok, I answered that I was, but that I just felt "heavy" and needed a moment to come back.

The next thing I said, I asked in tears how someone could know if they are trapped in a mirror, if they can't see or hear the truth.

I was terrified... It felt like my being was torn apart, ripped asunder into countless pieces, slowly drifting apart.

All I have left is one piece of the puzzle, and a vague memory of the most Glorious Puzzle/Picture thing ever, which I was not only a part of, but all of as one.

Then my wounds started bleeding; I'd cut and scraped myself a few times on the other side of the river, but there was no blood or pain (even dislodged a large piece of glass from my foot, no blood, no pain).

They never bled or hurt on the other side, but now that I awoke back here, all of my wounds surface, and they hurt.

I feel so weak, and I start to doubt everyone and everything I see.

I remember asking everyone's name while intently looking them in the eyes.

If they looked away, then I didn't trust them.

All the colors and sounds which I had learned to trust were now potential lies, all of the people which I had come to know and love were now potential liars.

And thus began my descent into madness, as I question everything and everyone in our reality.

Some would say it began when I started following lights and sounds and playing with angels and demons, but those were my saner days.

I can't say I'm back to my old self, but I can manage to pull off the disguise.

I will never be the same.

I will never be able to completely share all that I've come to know.

But I will continue to live and love as I see fit, feed my Ego, share the words of our Father, and just make a general fool of myself in all things.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

As crazy as it sounds.

To each his own.

^_^

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So, you are from "the other side of the mirror", so to speak?
Let me guess. You are left handed?

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
Liars And thus began my descent into madness, as I question everything and everyone in our reality.

Sounds like decending from Heaven to CRAZY planet Earth and being reborn as a baby.
hmmmmm - reincarnation ?
edit on Rpmp02pm by Rapha because: (no reason given)

join