It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best grilled cheese sandwiches ever.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Before I dart off to bed, l absolutely must share my grilled cheese experience.

Yesterday January,15, 2021 was my sister's birthday. She turned 55 but I insisted when she awoke that she was 56... l was greeted with a good morning, a death stare and smile. My sister is 5ft
1inches tall, sweetest smile and smiley eyes but she IS THE BOSS. for a couple of month now shes been saying she wanted a good grilled cheese for her birthday. We both have been on a diet, greens greens and more greens. Chicken and fish (tuna made into Poke).... but for one day only! She wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. We had our visit to the doctors office and was informed of our weight loss and no need to do blood work.

Ok, so 2 days ago l went to the Giant Eagle Matket District for specialty items such as cheese. Curse you Guy Fieri, Alexandra Guarnaschelli and the Food Network on the 60 inch 4k high definition TV!!!
So l purchased the last 5lb brick of Taleggio Cheese!. Grabbed 2 sourdough breads and a long sub style Ciabatta bread. Remember to remove the paper and if you're not into the rind, remove that to. The cheese is gooey in texture like brie cheese, but way better in flavor. OMG so good.

Made 2 cookie sheets of bacon for the bacon crumbles to add to the grilled cheese. A must!

So we lightly coated the sourdough and Ciabatta bread with mayonnaise ( both sides grilled to golden brown and delicious) and a good slice of taleggio or two. The cheese melted perfectly, sorry drooling as l type this and considering going to the kitchen and doing a late 3am grilled cheese snack.

Folks, I beg you. Stop making grilled cheese on regular bread and using cheep American slices or even cheddar. Just stop for a moment and try this with good Ciabatta or Sourdough. I liked the grilled Ciabatta with gooey melted Taleggio cheese. I implore you.

What is left, oh baby imma eat again!

Happy Birthday little big sister, you got what you quietly ask for with a Roar of psychic mind messing.

FLYING CD! you're a foodie... try this out.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Is there anything more comforting than a grilled cheese?

Garlic butter on the outside *drools*

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Got to be honest, that sounds pretty damn awesome.

I’m sorry to say though mate, but unless there was vegemite in it... then theirs no way you can claim it as β€œthe best grilled cheese sandwich ever”.

... just sayin.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

LmaoπŸ˜†
Don't encourage me. I have droves of fresh garlic and butter.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Oh boy, taleggio is already a wee bit salty. But Vegemite might be overkill LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yummy. I sometimes add tomato or diced green peppers or onions, salsa sauce is also nice to add
Another one I make is I fry an egg and then I put it on the bread with the cheese on both sides of the egg and make a grilled cheese and egg sandwich. Grilled cheese sandwiches always taste better if they’re made in a stainless steel frying pan.
edit on 16-1-2021 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Yummy. I sometimes add tomato or diced green peppers or onions, salsa sauce is also nice to add
Another one I make is I fry an egg and then I put it on the bread with the cheese on both sides of the egg and make a grilled cheese and egg sandwich. Grilled cheese sandwiches always taste better if they’re made in a stainless steel frying pan.

Hehehe.. everybody has their own take on a killer grilled cheese sandwich. I have green, yellow and red peppers. I also have some Carolina and Scorpion peppers, but I'll hold off on the the heat.

edit on 16-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Almost forgot...

What is this jelly my sister made? Oh, it's Fig jelly.
she made me try a bit on my grilled cheese with bacon crumbles sandwich. Oh boy it was D...LICIOUS!
It's 3:40am here and the camera on this tablet stinks on ice.

Poor Benni
just wants to cuddle and keep warm, and here I am talking Grilled Taleggio Cheese With Bacon Crumbles Sandwiches at almost 4am...☺

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   

What? I just put cheese on toast and grill it.

there are other ways?? no, this then becomes cooking. And I refuse to cook cheese on toast.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

You got to some garlic and real Land of Lakes butter on it. 100% agreed.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogWithABone

What? I just put cheese on toast and grill it.

there are other ways?? no, this then becomes cooking. And I refuse to cook cheese on toast.

Woa woa woa, you take the bread slices and give a light coating of mayonnaise then grill them in a pan over the stove....😨😨

Never use a toaster in this situation πŸ€”

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

After Parmesan I think Taleggio is my second favorite, nice job.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

MAYO!!! Oh brother... we have very different ideas what cheese on toast is !!

Wow, you need to make a video so I can see what they must have thought Hiroshima was! In a pan? Over a stove?

Me ol' mum would be screaming from her grave.. lol

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogWithABone

MAYO!!! Oh brother... we have very different ideas what cheese on toast is !!

Wow, you need to make a video so I can see what they must have thought Hiroshima was! In a pan? Over a stove?

Me ol' mum would be screaming from her grave.. lol

Emergency emergency ! Calling all Gordon Ramsay's!!!!!!!!!
Quick lesson!!!

😣😣😣

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

After Parmesan I think Taleggio is my second favorite, nice job.

Omg I've never had Taleggio till I was this oldπŸ˜€

It Has Changed Me.

Edit: BTY Thank you😊

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Mix 2 parts grated parmesan (not the powdery stuff) with 1 part softened room temperature butter or margarine. Mix into a spreadable paste. Spread onto the outsides of your bread. Be generous. You want a nice thick coating. Grill sandwich as usual until golden brown. It gives it a crunchy, yet gooey texture. So DELICIOUS. It elevates an already great grilled cheese to another level.

TRY THIS. Trust me. You will never want normal toasted bread again.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

You got it! So many here seem to love it to0. I will do this with parmesan. Thank you, and everyone else (Augustus Masonicus) for your suggestions (Dogwithabone)(MIM)... πŸ€—

I have a YT chanal....
Coming Soon
I shall make a tutorial about grilled cheese sandwiches and why not to do this in only undies with hot splattering grease

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Oh dear...

I seem to have forgotten to put this device on the charger overnight as I was distracted by cheeses.

Be back soon. πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

edit on 16-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: Taleggio Cheese Sandwiches πŸ™ƒπŸ€œπŸ€›πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Cheesus!

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There's a Binging With Babish on YouTube where he discusses how to make your own custom version of singles slices using your own custom blend of cheeses, so you can make your own ultimate grilled cheese with the exact version of cheese you most love on your sammich.

www.youtube.com...

You can agree or disagree with the blend he went with, but the process is what's important if you're looking to make the ultimate binge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join