It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the witch hunt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
So, I take it nobody wants any coffee then?

Cyber-Latte please. Thank you for being so helpful.

link   

So, I take it nobody wants any coffee then?

I'll take you up on that coffee. Put sugar in it, lots of sugar, actually, forget the coffee, just bring a cup of sugar.

link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Really, was that necessary? Just contributes to the Fanatical Divide.

okay. that's the way you see it. that is your 'bias'. the fanatical divide is a part of the real world, and to try and eliminate it here at ATS is not only silly, but contrary to the very purpose of discussion boards.

Originally posted by intrepidPersonally I see no purpose to this thread. It's a "Wah, things aren't going my way" thread.

why are you on this thread, then? i've got a real thick skin. it's not so much 'wah', as 'WTF!?'. ATS is a tiny mote in god's eye. yet, it IS god's eye, and that's the ONLY reason i care.

You want to try calling me a neocon? You'll be laughed off the forum.

i don't think you are a neocon .
you're actually a very sensible poster, but that's just my 'left wing' bias

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm not going to post in that manner, picking apart a post point by point, that may even be a part of the problem.

Humor aside, why am I in this thread? Because I see that it isn't serving any constructive purpose. Damn man, you've been here longer than I have, have you no respect for the problems that have been around lately?

Think about the site man and not yourself. I don't get my ass in the air when someone doesn't reply to my u2u's and yes that happens to me too.

Sarcasmo has a helluva point, staff here have lives and commitment outside of ATS. Once in a while too we make mistakes too, like deleting a u2u that wasn't responded too, right DeltaNine?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok... so thats a cyber-latte for Intrepid, and a cup of sugar for Sarc. Be right back!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
intrepid, it is BECAUSE i am sensitive to the problems of the board that i started this thread.
however, the idea that censorship will solve the problem of censorship just doesn't work for me.
this board has historically rocked, because of the open atmosphere of discussion.
in the light of the polarisation in the outside world, an open atmosphere is needed to find some kind of fusion of philosophies and information. this process will only be 'fidel' if it is a natural process of 'survival of the fittest' information. sweeping unpopular or controversial views under the rug because they are 'biased' is naive, and brownshirted.

MAJOR PROPS to seekerof for moving the ritter thread into a more suitable forum.

now, it can die in peace,

[edit on 19-3-2005 by billybob]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
intrepid, it is BECAUSE i am sensitive to the problems of the board that i started this thread.
however, the idea that censorship will solve the problem of censorship just doesn't work for me.
this board has historically rocked, because of the open atmosphere of discussion.

I highlighted the point that I found interesting. Also, you stated that this thread would not have come into being if an Admin would have responded to your u2u. Again, all about you.

I see no indication that you have any concern about the site by starting this thread, you only want attention. I find that not only sad but also very selfish.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok, here's the latte, and here's the sugar...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ok, here's the latte, and here's the sugar...

Where's the straw? How do you expect me to have my sugar without a straw? Wow, just wow.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So sorry Sarc. Do you want a normal straw, or a twisty one and a cocktail umbrella?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'll go with the more sophisticated normal straw, and an umbrella.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here you go, a normal straw, and an umbrella. Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I highlighted the point that I found interesting. Also, you stated that this thread would not have come into being if an Admin would have responded to your u2u. Again, all about you.

I see no indication that you have any concern about the site by starting this thread, you only want attention. I find that not only sad but also very selfish.

okay. censorship works for YOU. YOU feel that the person who is typing this reponse to YOUR theories(can i say 'me' without being accused of something?) is selfish because this person wishes an open atmosphere in order to foster honest, constructive discussions. whatever works for YOU.
as far as wanting attention goes, OF COURSE I WANT ATTENTION! do you think i do all this reading and researching and slow typing for MY benefit? if i was only interested in MY benefit, I would be a neocon.

i'm a 'lefty' by the current dominant board rhetoric. this 'hated' title carries with it the most disgusting of all things, .....caring about your fellow humans. very selfish of ME, indeed.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
external image
Now, will someone please move this thread into an appropriate BTS-forum?
(just kidding...)

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

okay. censorship works for YOU. YOU feel that the person who is typing this reponse to YOUR theories(can i say 'me' without being accused of something?) is selfish because this person wishes an open atmosphere in order to foster honest, constructive discussions. whatever works for YOU.
as far as wanting attention goes, OF COURSE I WANT ATTENTION! do you think i do all this reading and researching and slow typing for MY benefit? if i was only interested in MY benefit, I would be a neocon.

i'm a 'lefty' by the current dominant board rhetoric. this 'hated' title carries with it the most disgusting of all things, .....caring about your fellow humans. very selfish of ME, indeed.

I hate to say this billybob but maybe ATS is going in a different direction than you are. The recent drama has pointed out some differences, some will not be able to deal with them, you may be one. I've never seen ATS as a soapbox for my views, an avenue of discussion for them maybe, but it was never about me. The betterment of the board was always paramount.

I hope that you take my words in the manner in which they are meant, not as a condemnation but a plea to open yourself up to getting the site back to where it was, where people don't take automatic postures.

I'm saying this because you're saying that

That isn't the ATS I signed up for. Will you help us all?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I love the pic h.

Love the pic-lol.

Got anymore!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Once in a while too we make mistakes too, like deleting a u2u that wasn't responded too, right DeltaNine?

I'm not referring to that. I'm refering to that picture you posted and the events of the last week, complete with light show and dry ice.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I hate to say this billybob but maybe ATS is going in a different direction than you are. The recent drama has pointed out some differences, some will not be able to deal with them, you may be one. I've never seen ATS as a soapbox for my views, an avenue of discussion for them maybe, but it was never about me. The betterment of the board was always paramount.

I'VE always seen ATS as a soapbox and clearing house for MY views. the way I see it, most people are here for the same reason. perhaps you are the last selfless philanthropist left standing.
however, from MY perspective, there are two types of visitor. the loud mouthed shnooks, like ME, who like to SHARE oUr views of reality with others, in the hopes of mutual enlightenment, ....and the quiet mouthed shnooks, who only read the opinions and information of others(lurkers).

i don't give a crap about the board. i serve no master.
my agenda is truth. truth cannot breathe in a brownshirted enviroment.
if this board becomes a land of brownshirts, it will probably be awhile before anybody realises i'm not here anymore. and noone will care. not even me.
but, while i am here, and enjoying the enviroment that led me here in the first place, i will seek to fend off the insidious creep of fascism.

That isn't the ATS I signed up for.

that's not what YOU signed up at ATS for?
clear. let's agree that we are different people with different views and different agendas.

and then, we can discuss why we have differences.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I will care. Good people need to stand up and not be scared of what they have to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

i don't give a crap about the board.

Wow you make a statement like that and you expect the owners and maintainers of this PRIVATE site to care about you and your concerns? These people put in a lot of time to make this site enjoyable for everyone, yet you seem to think that it is made for your sole use! How stunningly selfish!

[edit on 3/20/2005 by djohnsto77]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join