It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd plot change to warcraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I never really got into warcraft until warcraft ||| came out. After beating the game, it seemed to me that the night elves, human alliance and orcs had a stable alliance at the end of the game. Now, in world of warcraft. its alliance vs horde. I really dont understand, cuz at the end of warcraft ||| everyone seemed to get along fine. I dont understand why they did that. any ideas?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
in WoW it's alliance vs the Orc!? didnt see that coming. i assume that you didn't play frozen throne yet. in the end of frozen throne, there's nothing fine and happy with the ending.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I own the frozen throne. In the end, most of the original alliance place is undead vacation resorts. I remember the few troubles up in the night elf glades that there was still burning legion running around. And for orcs, well they were just building their new capital city. So the only people in deep crap was the humans who stayed behind on the original alliance land.

Oh, and there was one little backstab issue when the warden chick told everyone that Tyrande fell into a stream and drowned.

so where the big freindship ends between the orcs, humans and nightelves is beyond my understanding.

Odd

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i was a bit confused by this too, but most of it is explained away in a thirty-second or so video you see after you create a WoW character. there's one for each race, and it sort of tells you what's been happening in the years since WC3 and why the alliance and the horde include the races that they do.

it feels sort of like a cop-out to keep things the way they were at the beginning of WC3, really... but whatever

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well, I geuss it was actually the desperate nature of the alliance. The night elves were especially reluctant to join in.

The ignorent humans probably cant stand the brutish antics of the orcs, and the night elves are just content to be alone.

However there is one thing I really CAN NOT agree on- The orcs alliance with the undead. I seriously cant see Thrall getting suckered into an alliance with a bunch of dead people with nothing to lose. Unless theyre intentions are actually good, maybe I could live with it.

However, after reading through the site www.worldofwarcraft.com

there seems to be a truce amongst the horde and the alliance. So, fair enough.

I still think that both sides should be able to team up in the game.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well, I geuss it was actually the desperate nature of the alliance. The night elves were especially reluctant to join in.

The ignorent humans probably cant stand the brutish antics of the orcs, and the night elves are just content to be alone.

However there is one thing I really CAN NOT agree on- The orcs alliance with the undead. I seriously cant see Thrall getting suckered into an alliance with a bunch of dead people with nothing to lose. Unless their intentions are actually good, maybe I could live with it.

However, after reading through the site www.worldofwarcraft.com

there seems to be a truce amongst the horde and the alliance. So, fair enough.

I still think that both sides should be able to team up in the game.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have discovered the true intentions of the undead....

"Holding no real loyalty for their newfound comrades, the Forsaken have duped them into fighting against their common enemy"

www.worldofwarcraft.com...

read on. This is really a stupid part of the whole warcraft history, but hey, S**t happens

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well technically in WoW, the last time I played, The New Horde and The Alliance are at a state of "uneasy" truce, which sometimes breaks out into "Skirmishes," and small non siege like battles for certain territories, while not trying to wipe the other out. Basically the Geopolitical Chess game, rather then the Horde trying to wipe out the Alliance. In fact, the Horde vilify the Alliance for similiar reasons(Xenophobia, Culture Gap, etc.) Remember, the Orcs and all their current allies in WoW were once with the Horde(Exception is the Tauren I think), if you play through the Undead Campaign a bit more(in WoW), it reveals in what way the Undead are allied to the Horde and lets say their intentions are not that pure. Also the Undead are Lead be Silvanus and a couple of those big winged demons who stabbed their masters in the back. BTW The Undead campaign is some of the most imaginative and humorous quest lines in the entire WoW experience.

As for why the races polarized there are two obvious reasons.

1. It was politically necessary for the races involved to ally themselves with one power or the other to retain a balance to keep each side to a stalemate in every battlefield for hours at a time.

2. It's a MMORPG. A Bi-Polar world is easier then a Tri- or Multi-Polar world. I do think they should implement some sort of Neutral faction featuring the Goblins.

top topics

join