It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to create a new account???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Probably some type of restriction FB has set up for countering authentication on known conspiracy sites.

ATS should open the email signal again.....only having the option to use social media to sign up is silly.

Absolutely.

No real conspiracy theorist would use Twitter or Facebook.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Probably some type of restriction FB has set up for countering authentication on known conspiracy sites.

ATS should open the email signal again.....only having the option to use social media to sign up is silly.

Absolutely.

Well, it is either that or the new ATS owner shut down new memberships.

I thought about this when they announced it. Best way to silence is to purchase and close. Or only keep those current members on creating a small conspiracy echo chamber of sorts.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I too came along before the social media site requirement. I don't do social media sites, and since I only participate in two forums on the internet, mainly to gauge the weather, I would think that even fewer people would be interested in signing up with social media sites at this time.

One of the biggest reasons for me avoiding social media sites, is my job. I have attended enough forensic science conferences to see first hand just how dangerous, and just how invasive those sites can be. Of course everyone knows that there is no expectation of privacy or safety anywhere on the internet, but I decided that I didn't want to invite them in.

I know a lot of people think it is a way to champion free speech right now, but if they have seen as even some of the many transactions for human trafficking and sexual deviancies that are being shuttled through those sites, maybe they would be looking for more than an all or nothing solution.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks guys,

Isn't it ironic that you can't join a conspiracy site, without going thru the big tech that are trying to silence things like CT's 😕

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Like many others, I too joined before the whole social media affair.

I have a suggestion, but I have no idea if it works. In fact, I fear it may even lock you out completely. So, it's at your risk and peril.

On the mobile view, click on the downward pointing arrow in the top right hand corner and select account:

Then, scroll down to the Change Email section. On my account I see my email address and I can choose to change it. I have no idea what you will see in that section, perhaps your YT account name!? Anyway, if you are allowed to change your email address then maybe it would break the YT affiliation.

My only worry is that the password may be intrinsically linked with the social media accounts. Personally, I would first try changing the password (see section just above the email change part) and then proceed to change the email address.

Again, I have no idea if this will work.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

As far as I understand it, logging in through a social media site it's that site that does the user/password verification, passing the result (user/password Ok or not) to ATS, so if someone closes their social media account they are not going to be able to log in again.

I suppose the email address doesn't solve the problem, as those members are not asked for a user name and password like the older members are (I think).

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, that's exactly what worries me about the social media signup method.

I'm curious to know if a social media connected account will show up in the account section. Are the options in my screenshots active?

For a first time signup there are no other options, but a registered member may be able to convert once logged in.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: Encia22

As far as I understand it, logging in through a social media site it's that site that does the user/password verification, passing the result (user/password Ok or not) to ATS, so if someone closes their social media account they are not going to be able to log in again.

I suppose the email address doesn't solve the problem, as those members are not asked for a user name and password like the older members are (I think).

Is there a way to get the administrators of ATS to help? I really genuinely want this issue resolved for these members. 🙂

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Absolutely.

Well, it is either that or the new ATS owner shut down new memberships.

I thought about this when they announced it. Best way to silence is to purchase and close. Or only keep those current members on creating a small conspiracy echo chamber of sorts.

I came in no problem?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join