It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers Lodged In The Capitol In 1861

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ That’s definitely my favorite comment today.
2nd.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Something a bit more hypothetical, and perhaps a thread for the history forum (although I'd have to do a lot more research), but I wonder what would have happened if the Native Americans had stormed and occupied Capitol Hill instead of Alcatraz Island (1969-1971)?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Something a bit more hypothetical, and perhaps a thread for the history forum (although I'd have to do a lot more research), but I wonder what would have happened if the Native Americans had stormed and occupied Capitol Hill instead of Alcatraz Island (1969-1971)?

en.wikipedia.org...

"BuT tHatS iLLeGAl"

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Yeah, I've kinda been hearing since June 2020 that riots (also the LGBT community's Stonewall Riots - that is, arguably in revised historic hindsight) are sometimes good and forces for social change.
And nope, it wasn't the Trump-camp who said so.

Although less mentioned would be the Dakota Pipeline protests that shamefully closed the Obama presidency (let's just spray these people with water-canons in the middle of the freezing winter and watch it unfold).

Although now I'm getting the feeling that riots are best when they're a bit out of the way.
You know, already economically depressed neighborhoods and places with little value.

Had Jan 6th happened at the bottom of the Grand Canyon instead of Capitol Hill, I'm sure it would have been fine.

edit on 14-1-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Well, of course. Out of sound, out of mind and not in my backyard and all that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join