It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Armed militias are illegal”........ um?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Makes me kind of wish there's paint remover about to squirt through
the hose. Jus' a little TOUCHUP. A Perfect ending to another slow
news week.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well regulated militia in constitution refers to state run security
edit on 14-1-2021 by ras321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The Constitution defines the Militia:

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

The Militia is a function of State authority, according to the Constitution. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be much legal standing. Without it, it's some guys with guns, not the Militia.

I happen to think that the 2nd amendment had more to do with a lack of funding to provide weapons to the Militia than anything else. But that's just me. It says what it says.
edit on 1/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Is the ultra-fascist aNtifa group a militia?
Or just a run-of-the-mill terrorist organisation?

Can they be called a militia when they’re absolutely terrified of firearms?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How are armed militias literally instrumental in keeping your country free in this day of age?

I don't think the Russians or China will do a land invasion anytime soon with 400 million guns in the hands of the common folk do you? lol

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yah. That was a cool movie. Stupid, but cool. Patrick Swazie was dreamy.

I'm sure the military has nothing to do with the strength of national defense.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yah. That was a cool movie. Patrick Swazie was dreamy.

I'm sure the military has nothing to do with the strength of national defense.

That movie could never happen...lol

What would WWII Germany do if the citizens in the rest of EU had 100 million guns too.

edit on 15-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

What would Germany do if the citizens in EU had 100 million guns too.

Germany is part of the EU.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

How are armed militias literally instrumental in keeping your country free in this day of age?

We’re about to find out
edit on 15-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: andy06shake

They serve as a deterrent to tyranny, just by existing. Duh.
Thank you

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Germany is part of the EU.

You know back in WWII... BTW civilians with AKs kind of kicked our asses in Somalia, I know I was there, and a bunch of Afghans with AKs kicked Russia's ass and its not like we won either. What do you think a war in the US would be like...lol Even in a civil war our own military wouldn't do that well...its not like we would carpet bomb our own civilian population. It would be street to street type of thing and I would put the odds on 400 million civilian guns in that situation if it was all or nothing....lol

edit on 15-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

God help the poor sods then because your gooberment will wipe the floor with the silly sausages.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Yes its 400 million guns that stop them.

Nothing to do with the near enough impossible logistics evolved or the sheer geography of the matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't think the Russians or China will do a land invasion anytime soon with 400 million guns in the hands of the common folk do you? lol

In the War of 1812 Americans had a combined strength of around 500,000 of which 35,000 where rugulars. The British total was around 70,000. That made the British being out gunned by roughly 7 to 1.

It still didn't stop a British invasion.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I understand the purpose of the second amendment just fine.

Thing is said amendment never really envisaged armalite rifles and more guns than people.

The world spins Wide-Eyes, no need for armed militia in any first world nations in this day of age.

Or if there is they are not doing it right.
They told you? Please share your time travel tips!

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You actually think it's that and not the impossibility of launching a successful invasion of the Continental US?

The support, command and Comms chains needed for multiple countries to attack a massive geographic country with water on nearly three borders and an ally to the North.

I'm sure when enemies of the state plan on attacking the USA that the armed citizens are not even in the top 5 of reasons why they will not do it.

Also.

Wolverines!!!
edit on 15-1-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is pretty simple really.
White society here in the States has just about had enough of affirmative action type policies. We've had enough of being told we are inherently racist. Done with watching hoardes of illegals get benefits while we foot the bill through higher and higher taxes. Done being told that we have some sort of privilege. All while statues of our founders are being desecrated and history is re-written.
Civil War is inevitable here. We want our guns not because we want to overthrow a government. We want them to protect our families from what we perceive is coming. When society here collapses, its the anarchists we fear, not Congress. We fear the people that don't have the foresight to prepare for what's coming and will be looking to take ours, not Nancy Pelosi.
We aren't afraid of the military. Their bombs and tanks are useless for guerrilla warfare as shown in Afghanistan and Vietnam.
So quit trying to claim that We The People are somehow crazy for clinging to our guns. Its YOU who have given up your God given right to protect yourselves that are the crazy ones. So go ahead and protect your families with steak knives and shovels and don't berate me for wanting to do the same with a 5.56 or 7.62.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

It still didn't stop a British invasion.

I can't remember...did they win?

So what do you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Nothing to do with the near enough impossible logistics evolved or the sheer geography of the matter.

That is just added reasons on top as to why it would be extremely hard to have any success.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

“Armed militias are illegal”........ um?

Well, no...

Wyoming is the only state that has a law banning a militia.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join