It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hacker Who Archived Parler Explains How She Did It (and What Comes Next)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Great. Now do Twitter.

Twitter has lost 12% in value in three short days

Which upsets the young OP

It will lose more over the coming days as they have a huge target on them from all sovereign nations.

Election interference and silencing the government is understandably not acceptable to many countries.

I wouldn’t be surprised if many countries simply started to block twitter. They represent a clear threat to the stability of a nation.

I saw this coming when Twitter decided to ban the President of Syria for no reason a couple years back, their justification was nonsense of course.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Twitter hasn’t silenced the government... POTUS released a video today

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Telegram isn’t really a chat channel in the sense that you seem to be thinking. For groups or people that have a “channel” its really just like posting to Twitter or Facebook but there is no back and forth between the channel owner and individuals following the channel. Sure, Individual ppl can direct message other people they know or are connected to, just like any other platform, but that’s not how most ppl are using it. Honestly it feels like a digital bulletin board - but not a place where “groups can organize” any more than texting is...

And Parler was not hacked as he or she originally claimed. It was scraped. Big difference. At first whoever they are tried to claim they had gotten access to all private data like drivers’s licenses for verification etc. but that was proven to be not possible because the site was not even built on Wordpress like she originally said. That part of the server was separate and was a defunct marketing side only that housed no data from users. All she did was scrape all data that was public anyway. Really, it seemed like that whole drama was greatly exaggerated to make ppl doubt Parker’s security so they wouldn’t go back when the site comes back up.

Which brings me to the final point you got wrong... it’s not gone permanently. They’re moving their data to different servers.

a reply to: HunkaHunka

edit on 14-1-2021 by nicevillegrl because: Spelling

edit on 14-1-2021 by nicevillegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   
We shall see. That’s not what they’re saying now. Supposedly it’s been resolved and they just have to get the data back up.

And as far as either Telegram or Parler being far-right, neither are by nature. Sure, there are “far” on both sides that will make comments that are sketchy. But many of us just see a place that isn’t Twitter or Facebook... both of which we’ve come to despise.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Why have you come to despise it?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Because anyone with an opinion different than the left is viciously attacked no matter how calmly or politely you state your opinion. Because you’re not allowed to disagree with the left at all or [insert any number of insults here]. Because the leftists there all are determined to dox and harass anyone for merely supporting the President or other conservatives at all, for that matter... even when comments are not directed to them and even when we’ve had to listen to their complaints and whining for years. Because of the clear hypocrisy and double standard most of the left exhibits in every post there. I could - truly - go on and on...

edit on 14-1-2021 by nicevillegrl because: Sp

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
Because anyone with an opinion different than the left is viciously attacked no matter how calmly or politely you state your opinion. Because you’re not allowed to disagree with the left at all or [insert any number of insults here]. Because the leftists there all are determined to dox and harass anyone for merely supporting the President or other conservatives at all, for that matter... even when comments are not directed to them and even when we’ve had to listen to their complaints and whining for years. Because of the clear hypocrisy and double standard most of the left exhibits in every post there. I could - truly - go on and on...

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I have a feeling Parler was never a right leaning website, and instead a honeypot for user information. They allowed it to be "hacked" so said information can be collected and the CEOs under the guise of being right leaning can go on to create the next honeypot and have the same thing happen.

I don't know, but never trusted Parler.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
a reply to: Ohanka

Twitter hasn’t silenced the government... POTUS released a video today

EU, Mexico, UK, Russia and so on seem to disagree. But far be it from me to question the corporate minitrue narrative.
edit on 1412021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You do realize he asked why I personally despised Twitter and Facebook right? And this was my answer, So, giving an answer that he asked for - why I personally don’t like something - makes me a crybaby? How adorable you are. Like a little tag team setup but proving my point for me and everything. Nice! Thanks! 😘

a reply to: oloufo

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus

I have a feeling Parler was never a right leaning website, and instead a honeypot for user information. They allowed it to be "hacked" so said information can be collected and the CEOs under the guise of being right leaning can go on to create the next honeypot and have the same thing happen.

I don't know, but never trusted Parler.

Parler was never "hacked".

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It was such a needle and thread operation they were using trial software, kinda like that WinRar request to pay for it pop up each time you use it. Yeah a well run organization my ass.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 14-1-2021 by UniformKilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2021 by UniformKilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Garbage thread #973

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

good guys so hopefully they are able to make even more arrests as it relates to perpetrated or planned violence.

Will the ‘good guys’ be arresting the various worlds army’s and spooks?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The funniest part about this thread is the that people don't think Facebook and Twitter can survive this lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Oh they'll survive it. Just like the cockroaches that will be here after nuclear war, should that ever happen.
Once they're done dividing and destroying us... or rather providing the tool for us to do that to ourselves, they will be here laughing.
But don't believe me... watch their developers speak about their intent in designing their platforms in "The Social Dilemma."
They were very clear in that movie that the divisiveness we see in social media today, was completely by design. If they can help us split ourselves into neat, clearly defined, buckets, they can commoditize us much easier. Their words... not mine.

a reply to: LordAhriman

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Classic
Uganda bans social media till after their elections.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

If it was publicly available then she wasn't a hacker....

This is like folks think "AR" in AR15 stands for Assault Rifle....it is just as uninformed and ignorant yet it shows just how stupid folks have to be in order to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join