It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Marsh period, in the late Ice Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is another pyramid thread. It's sparked by this thread of Brightinsights's filming of his tour of the interior of the Bent Pyramid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't help noticing that care was taken to make the stones fit so closely that they would (in theory) be able to hold water. That, and the 3 foot tall descending passage that goes so very far down. (3 feet seems a bit short to convey the majesty of your great pharaoh.)

It makes the structure look like it might have something to do with water.

And, what is the best way to make use of marsh land?

Drain it.

Clearing out land would be a good reason to build something on that scale. The role of the (structure that would later become a) pyramid might have been to continuously move/pump water out of the area so the land could be claimed by civilizatioin.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

An ancient lake once existed in Africa. Lake Chad was once much larger than what it is now, in fact, it would be the largest lake on Earth if it were at it's ancient proportions:

About 7,000 years ago, a vast lake spread hundreds of square kilometers across north-central Africa. Known to scientists as Lake Mega Chad, it covered more than 400,000 square kilometers (150,000 square miles) at its peak, making it slightly larger than the Caspian Sea, the biggest lake on Earth today.

What i'm saying is that in light of this information, your theory could be possible.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The Dream Stele that was in front of the Sphynx told a story of how the pharaoh of that time Restored the site, the casing stones may actually have been from the dynastic period and in fact the graves of so called pyramid builders may have been graves of men associated with restoring the site rather than it's original builders.

That being said it is therefore possible that many artefacts found within such as the wood fragment's etc may have dated to this period of restoration and that in fact the Egyptian's of that time themselves had no idea what the site was originally intended for, many now sealed openings such as those concealed by masonry in the Sphynx itself may also have led out into the open on the pyramid's themselves.

For my mind though I have no inkling of there original purpose though I severely doubt they were merely tomb's though there is a theory that the king's chamber is itself a fake tomb with the real one being underneath it and the floor of the king's chamber actually being the top of a stone analogue elevator that has the real tomb within it, still I do not believe it to be a tomb and believe the site is vastly more ancient than dynastic Egypt.

Those same casing stones that may have been put there by a Dynastic Period renovation of the site were mostly later taken away by the Arab's to build Cairo's many mosques and palaces leaving only a few of the one's at the top, the main stones however were not touched simply because they were too big though long before western scholars investigated the site Arab rulers did try to dig into the pyramid's in search of treasure.

My own gut feeling is that they are some kind of Energy amplifiers of some kind, perhaps also designed to harness and link the mystical energy of the Duat specifically the three stars of the belt of Orion to the earth and perhaps in the belief of those that built them this attempt to anchor the world of there nation to the heaven they believed in was a way of ascending there entire nation into the Duat, if that is correct however and if Schock, Bauval etc are correct then that would push Egyptian beliefs and back to the end of the last ice age - at least - and perhaps even much further for at that time the Sphynx (IF it was a lion as there is an interesting debate there as to whether it was actually a Jekyll or even a Human with human hand's not paws and the body of a lion though I do believe it WAS a lion as at that time the Sphynx faced the constellation of Leo every year and the three stars of Orion's belt would have appeared to hover exactly over the three point's of the pyramid's as seen from the Sphynx.

Within the Sphynx there IS a temple that is hidden from the public, it was sealed off but early depictions and even more recent photograph's show a hole in the statues head, was this temple contemporary to the original form of the sphynx or carved at a later date?.

To my mind I believe they are contemporary with the Osireion and I believe these structures or at least the BULK of them is much, much older than Egypt as we know it today and well predating the dynastic Egyptians, like the Pyramid's internal working's the Osireion also look's almost industrial in nature and was devoid of Hieroglyph's.

Then there is the mystery of the temple of Hathor were a floor stone was removed for renovation and someone managed to capture a photograph of what lay under it, the top of another set of column's like those that held up the roof suggesting that perhaps the floor of the temple is actually the roof of an older buried temple?, how far back and how many times did they reused these sites.

Over at the Parthenon in Greece there is huge cyclopaedia masonry that may indicate that site too is far older and was merely re-used by the classical Greek's whose own structure while undoubtedly masterpieces were made of far smaller stone's, the great temple of Baalbek were huge stones have been wrongly attributed to the Romans and the Greek's but which were simply too large for them to have ever moved and all over the world evidence of past ages that modern paradigm denies and even hides or uses the time honoured technique of ridiculing those that question and refuse to accept the standard false explanations for.

edit on 14-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

For my mind though I have no inkling of there original purpose though I severely doubt they were merely tomb's though there is a theory that the king's chamber is itself a fake tomb with the real one being underneath it and the floor of the king's chamber actually being the top of a stone analogue elevator that has the real tomb within it, still I do not believe it to be a tomb and believe the site is vastly more ancient than dynastic Egypt.

If it were built during a much wetter time to pump water, then by the time of the pharoahs it would no longer have any purpose, nor still be working.

I'm thinking like a Ram pump, where a nearby river or something is being used to move water from below to somewhere up hill a ways? Something like that?

I'm trying to stay away from alien or magic super tech. (Although I recognize it is possible.)

My own gut feeling is that they are some kind of Energy amplifiers of some kind, perhaps also designed to harness and link the mystical energy of the Duat specifically the three stars of the belt of Orion to the earth and perhaps in the belief of those that built them this attempt to anchor the world of there nation to the heaven they believed in was a way of ascending there entire nation into the Duat, if that is correct however and if Schock, Bauval etc are correct then that would push Egyptian beliefs and back to the end of the last ice age - at least - and perhaps even much further for at that time the Sphynx (IF it was a lion as there is an interesting debate there as to whether it was actually a Jekyll or even a Human with human hand's not paws and the body of a lion though I do believe it WAS a lion as at that time the Sphynx faced the constellation of Leo every year and the three stars of Orion's belt would have appeared to hover exactly over the three point's of the pyramid's as seen from the Sphynx.

The pharoahs were probably just as perplexed by it as you and I are.

Over at the Parthenon in Greece there is huge cyclopaedia masonry that may indicate that site too is far older and was merely re-used by the classical Greek's whose own structure while undoubtedly masterpieces were made of far smaller stone's, the great temple of Baalbek were huge stones have been wrongly attributed to the Romans and the Greek's but which were simply too large for them to have ever moved and all over the world evidence of past ages that modern paradigm denies and even hides or uses the time honoured technique of ridiculing those that question and refuse to accept the standard false explanations for.

Just think about the reasons why the Christians in the Medieval era liked to build churches on old sites. It wasn't just to wipe out their memory.

It's a sign of respect for those who came before. (Symbolically, such actions represent the way that our ancestors pave the way for us.)

Archaeologists keep insisting that the AE had zero respect for their own predecessors. How likely is that? And how fair a thing to say about them is that?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

If it were built during a much wetter time to pump water, then by the time of the pharoahs it would no longer have any purpose, nor still be working.

I'm thinking like a Ram pump, where a nearby river or something is being used to move water from below to somewhere up hill a ways? Something like that?

I'm trying to stay away from alien or magic super tech. (Although I recognize it is possible.)

The pharoahs were probably just as perplexed by it as you and I are.

Just think about the reasons why the Christians in the Medieval era liked to build churches on old sites. It wasn't just to wipe out their memory.

It's a sign of respect for those who came before. (Symbolically, such actions represent the way that our ancestors pave the way for us.)

Archaeologists keep insisting that the AE had zero respect for their own predecessors. How likely is that? And how fair a thing to say about them is that?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

They elected there ancestors to the level of God's and there Eden in the Zep Tepi (first time) was on an island in the celestial Nile (odd since the Nile on earth is seen as a reflection of the milky way? - so "erm" alien human ancestors from another world could be one possible interpretation of that if we chose to take it that way).

For Egyptians the name of the Dead had to be remembered or they would be forgotten and in time forget whom they themselves had been, they feared this forgetting of whom they had been so strongly they even tried to preserve the body's of the dead so that the soul (Ka) would have a place to return to and place them in tombs that had symbolic and sometimes real world artefacts that were meant to comfort the soul and ease it's journey into the afterlife.

Thing's like the Barque of Ra the sun god a ceremonial ship based on the sun god's movement across the sky (or a half garbled memory of a space ship from another world if you are into ancient aliens - can't help but think of wrinkly grey's with Zimmer frames when ever I see that show), food and even statues meant to represent servant's etc.

The reason they took out the organ's was because they would rot the body since they retained a lot of moisture even through the mummification process but knowing there importance they kept them in canopic jars and not understanding the importance of the brain they would break through the bone of nasal cavity into the skull, scramble the brain with a metal L shaped device and use a reed to suck the brain out, wonder if they ever swallowed any yuck.
So think of those sarcophagi as a kind of suspended animation chamber to reach the afterlife aboard a spiritual ship sailing upon the spiritual Nile (milky way).

Think a man ten thousand years after Alexa is invented tries to talk to the device in the language of his time but the device remains silent, for many ages words of power were believed in, commands to spiritual or other dimensional computers would be one weird idea for an explanation though of course that is wrong but?.

It's nice to go on a fantasy trip sometimes but the truth is I believe this planet has had many worlds upon it, many ages have come and gone and all that came before eventually fell to dust and little remains but if anyone ever did find a cavern full of ancient technology or a buried modern city how fast would a government or it's military or even a corporation smelling patent's and technological exclusivity jump on it and shut it down, for that matter if there were other interests outside of our world, what would they think of us finding and reverse engineering technology possibly able to rival there own if it had ever existed on our world.

But no the reason it is not accepted it because mainstream archaeology is mired by the bias of the past, they took how long to let go of the fertile crescent theory and indeed many still cling to it despite ever mounting evidence of far older cultivation of plant species that indicate farming must have existed a very long time before the early fertile crescent period.

And look how the ever growing discovery of underwater city's that must once have been thriving metropolis on land perhaps long before the end of the last glacial maximum is still resisted.

The DELIBERATE lack of interest in the west in sites such as that at Dwarka and the vast ruined city under far too much water to be anything but over 50.000 years old off the coast of Cuba.
rafalreyzer.com...

And of course the vast amount of academic resistance and belittling even sabotage of the investigation of what I too believe to be real structures known as the Bosnian pyramid's.

And of course the hidden pyramid's of China, more there even than in Egypt and Sudan Combined.

www.dailymotion.com...

And there was a story of a pyramid discovered in the deep amazon that was seven times larger than the great pyramid of Giza but that story vanished, perhaps they feared it would be looted or maybe it was a hoax but I feel the former on that one.

A guy driving a bulldozer unearths pipes, cables and bits of metal, does he call in an archaeologist? or does he just assume it's in modern junk and once he is satisfied there is no danger just goes ahead with building whatever he was doing, how many such finds have occurred but never been recognized for what they may be?.

edit on 15-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Thing's like the Barque of Ra the sun god a ceremonial ship based on the sun god's movement across the sky (or a half garbled memory of a space ship from another world if you are into ancient aliens - can't help but think of wrinkly grey's with Zimmer frames when ever I see that show), food and even statues meant to represent servant's etc.

That's the problem "ancient aliens" has given us. I think a lot of archaeologist fear that it's all or nothing. Either all history must trace back to the last 10,000 years of habitation, or all of history will be attributed to aliens.

But moving the clock back beyond that 10k mark doesn't automatically lead us there. It just opens up a new inquiry.

My interest is in humans of the ice age (and possibly prior interglacials). Simply because that's when I think our genes evolved, including most importantly: our instincts.

You can't understand human instinct by studying only 10,000 years of time, because it's genetic, and that means it took much longer to evolve than that.

So just simplifying the time prior to 10k as "unremarkable hunter gathering" societies, really does a disservice to the whole enterprise.

edit on 15-1-2021 by bloodymarvelous because: shorten

I feel like we should start from the assumption that interesting stuff was still happening, and keep looking.
edit on 15-1-2021 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I agree, personally I do not believe the ancient alien theory, that said I do not discount visitation in the past having occurred as it may very well have done so.

For me if the Grey's are real and if the Roswell autopsy reports and other MJ12 document's have any basis in fact then it points to one of several possibility's and those are, descendants of a previous civilization or civilizations perhaps spanning more than one epoch on the earth with the beings that had chloroform like blood possibly being from a previous eco system family tree, ours is only supposed to be 550 to about 800 million years old at most while the earth has been around maybe up to four and half billion years, one planet many worlds if you like.
Other dimension's and of course even from colonies perhaps even on other worlds established by a previous civilization, of course we could also be a colony and after all most of our ancient legend's including Eden say more or less just that.

But back to the topic at hand I actually believe that we are ether Not the first OR have had previous civilizations before our own that may have rivalled or even surpassed our own though there nature may have been very different to our current civilization due to environment, politics of the time and population spread and density, we live in a consumer society driven by innovation and fast paced technological progression and change, except were we hold ourselves back such as by adopting the internal combustion engine when in fact we had electric cars from day one and then suppressing competing technology's to protect national economy's and monopoly's, if there were previous advanced civilizations there is no guarantee that anything they achieved would be understandable to us or that our and there civilizations were in any way comparable even though they too would have been human albeit perhaps a different subset with a different psychology to humanity of today.

That said I am a firm believer that we or someone has indeed had a previous technological civilization that was not too far from our own but was definitely more advanced.

I added colours to this to highlight what I BELIEVE I see, not two halves of a hull, broken and turned upside down with the wheel base now pointing upward and the wheels broken off separated with spillage of something, caterpillar treads broken and on ground, at least one visible broken wheel and near to something that look's like it has been knocked over and has a piece thrown some distance from it that goes back at it's base.

Call it a smashed ancient lunar vehicle or rover and a destroyed lander of some kind.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

and some other possible examples of ancient remains on of all places the moon.

I mean alright we all see shapes in the cloud's and this one is harder to see BUT to me it looks like an ancient astronaut in a space suit in a very advanced state of decay (molecular and radiation bombardment would in time turn such to dust as well as lunar meteor splash from impacts raining down dust over wide areas that would fall like bullet velocity sand blasting onto such an object decaying it over time).

Now he is also right near to a possible crash site now long since eroded as well which has some interesting possible debris scatter and a barely visible scar were it has crashed down and scraped the lunar surface.

So I personally believe that a former HUMAN or Human like terrestrial civilization, perhaps several of them have existed and also that at least one maybe many have achieved technology's that could rival our own.

Some definitely human.

Human's don't have to disappear we just have to lose the bulk of our population through idiocy in leadership, natural catastrophe or climate change and disease.
(I do not agree with this guy's pessimistic and anti human rhetoric but I do agree our 'current' consumer based civilization is not compatible with the earth - BUT - I also believe it could also heal the damage it has done if given the motivation to do so and culling our people is the last thing anyone should ever contemplate, it may be just such idiot's that even led to the downfall and near extinction of our race on several previous occasions)

After just ten thousand years all that we have made would be gone, after a hundred thousand? after a million?, after 2.4 billion?.

edit on 16-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

After just ten thousand years all that we have made would be gone, after a hundred thousand? after a million?, after 2.4 billion?.

That's one thing we have to remember when looking for the pyramids' possible applications. We're only seeing the parts of the machine that were made to last.

During the marshy period, wood and other bio-materials would be abundant.

But water works are best built out of inorganic materials, whenever possible.

Like if you look at the Great Pyramid:

Imagine if the bottom gallery connects to a well (at a time when water levels were a bit higher.)

Pretend the pyramid structure above doesn't exist yet. Only the passages and enough masonry to support them is here.

If you could close off the two passageways, so the "escape shaft" connects to the grand gallery directly, but the other passages are closed off.

Then if you had a suitably sized plunger in the grand gallery, sealed to be air tight. If you pull the plunger up from the bottom of the gallery to the top, it's sucking water up the "escape shaft". Then you open up the "ascending passage", and push the plunger back down, and it would push a bunch of water out the "entrance".

The queen's chamber doesn't really have any explanation, here. Unless it's just there to retain enough water so you can close/open the passages between pump cycles.

If it wasn't meant to serve a purpose, then then the explanations for the "escape shaft" are just too silly to take seriously.

edit on 16-1-2021 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join