It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good set of books to read

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
I believe you've mis-quoted me.

Shalom Aleichem

here another one

Hvaljen Jezus

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Here's a couple of good, objective books

The only good objective books are books about mathematics, physics, medicine ... (so called exact sciences)

The books about esoteric, exoteric, religion, conspiracy etc. are just trying to be objective. It's on every individual to make conclusions for himself. But i'll read them. Masonic books are always interesting read.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdamienX

So, I am asking for a couple good objective books to read about the Masons, Illuminati, Knights Templar etc. I am not looking for how they could be connected, or conspiracy theories. I just want to learn some background about each of these so I can follow the discussion here better and actually understand and formulate opinions about many of the things you talk about.
Thanks

I would recommend the following:

"Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry" by Dr. Albert G. Mackey

"The Builders" by Dr. Joseph Fort Newton

"The Mens House" by Dr. Joseph Fort Newton

"A Comprehensive View of Freemasonry" by Henry Wilson Coil

"The Lodge and the Craft" by Rollin Blackmer

"The Story of the Scottish Rite" by Harold Van Buren Voorhis

"Facts For Freemasons" by Harold Van Buren Voorhis

"History of Freemasonry" by Robert Gould

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Once again I do hope you find what you are looking for.

Masonic has alot of info there which should read!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've put a link for this one in a few other foum threads but the best book of any real substance about the Illuminati is Abbe Augustine Barruel's "Memiores Illustrating the History of Jacobinism (The Illuminati)"

There are snippets of it around the web and you can buy an English translation online here.
Memoirs Illustrating the History of Jacobinism by Barruel

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Good info here.

More please.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

I would recommend the following:

"Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry" by Dr. Albert G. Mackey

"The Builders" by Dr. Joseph Fort Newton

"The Mens House" by Dr. Joseph Fort Newton

"A Comprehensive View of Freemasonry" by Henry Wilson Coil

"The Lodge and the Craft" by Rollin Blackmer

"The Story of the Scottish Rite" by Harold Van Buren Voorhis

"Facts For Freemasons" by Harold Van Buren Voorhis

"History of Freemasonry" by Robert Gould

What about these?:

Would it be worth it to pay an extra twenty dollars to go with this one^^^, as opposed to this one:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
On a subject with so many diverse opinions such as freemasonry, I like to go with roughly equal numbers of pro- and anti- books. Somewhere in there you will find the truth between the two sides, I think. It's probably hard to find lots of truly subjective books on masonry, so I think that would be the best approach.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What about these?

I've never read those, but they look like they might be interesting.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've read most of the latter; however, I just want to know if the former contains so much more info, that it would be worth paying triple the price.

Peace

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I can't speak for other countries, but any decent US library/library loaning network should be able to get at least the two dictionaries mentioned a few posts ago (I'm lazy, I only searched just now for those two). I'm 30 minutes from a library that actually has them in their own collection.

Just a thought to save some cash.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is there more online books?

The one posted is great so far but would love to see more.

Also any works of Albert Pike online?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.google.com...

search for freemason, masonic, etc and use terms like txt, rtf, pdf, doc, etc.

A couple of files here: www.gutenberg.org...

[edit on 12-9-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike

Also any works of Albert Pike online?

"Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" by Pike can be read here:

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is a good book as well. I am reading it again and aparently have missed a lot of info the first time around. For instance a will must be made at the fourth degree. And aparently somewhere in the Knights of Kadosh degrees whoever vouches for you to pass a certain degree risks his own life in doing so. In other words if you falter he falters. Thats pretty touchy folks. Another interesting thing about the word Kadosh is its meaning according to the author it means unholy, defiled, sodomite, baal worshiper etc. There is quite a lot of interesting stuff in there.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Another interesting thing about the word Kadosh is its meaning according to the author it means unholy, defiled, sodomite, baal worshiper etc. There is quite a lot of interesting stuff in there.

I think you misread it; if not, please provide the quote. In the book, Bro. Hutchens accurately translates the word as "holy" or "sacred". It is a Hebrew word, and here's the definition from a Jewish website:

penei.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm amazed how a simple request for a good set of books on the history of Masonry can deteriorate into a troll/antitroll fest.

Can the anti masons and the masons please not let every thread in here deteriorate into an argument?

I know I'll never be able to join the Masons because as a Pantheist I do not believe in a 'Seperated God'...that old thread died months ago and I just give up on that, but I certainly am interested in the Masons and their history.

Please stay on topic and allow some good suggestions come into this thread and keep the personal vendettas out of this?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I know I'll never be able to join the Masons because as a Pantheist I do not believe in a 'Seperated God'

There is no requirement for a belief in a "separated God" in Freemasons.

Pantheists who have been Masons:

Wolfgang Johannes von Goethe
Comte de St. Germain
Johann Gottlieb Fichte
Manly Palmer Hall
Dr. Paul Foster Case

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by TgSoe
Another interesting thing about the word Kadosh is its meaning according to the author it means unholy, defiled, sodomite, baal worshiper etc. There is quite a lot of interesting stuff in there.

I think you misread it; if not, please provide the quote. In the book, Bro. Hutchens accurately translates the word as "holy" or "sacred". It is a Hebrew word, and here's the definition from a Jewish website:

penei.org...

Thanks ML, I did not intend to shed negative light on Freemasonry just quoting what I thought I understood him to say, after looking up the scriptures he shared. Here it is on page 157- The word Kadosh itself is hebrew and is usually translated "HOLY' A more precise meaning is separated, It derives from a Semitic root of three consonants K-D-SH whose meaning is varied by the use and placement of the vowels. The definition of separated helps us to understand the derivatives of this root that are found in the Bible to understand the derivatives of this root that are found in the Bible in a less than complimentary context, cetainly not holy, for example in Deuteronomy 22:29 Kadash is translated "be defiled" and in Job 36:14 as unclean. Other scriptural references of a similar nature are: Deut. 23:17,1 Kings 14:24, 15:12, 22:46 and Kings 23:7

If you look those few scriptures up you see the meanings that I quoted earlier. You may interpret it entirely different than I did I suppose. I can post them in a minute when I get a Bible handy.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I have not read this yet myself; though I will eventually.

The Secrets of Freemasonry

Save your money. I have that book and would be glad to give it to you as I don't wish to keep it in my Library.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join