It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacked and Abused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Consider the following scenario:
There's a country, a great nation, the envy of the world, with problems and some mistakes in its history sure, but that's part of the parcel if one is very powerful, let's call it the Unified Federation of Mu. (UFM)

The population is diverse but the great majority is patriotic in a sense of that this country is the best place to live, the only place where dreams come true, it's even proverbial "The Muan Dream".
There are some criminal elements trying to feed off the fringes, drugs, black market, trafficking.. all of it, but it's somewhat "managed" by a fine, well equipped police force.
Naturally on those fighting on the frontlines defending the people of UFM it has some psychological effects if you constantly see the bad, you feel overrun, you look for patterns, you find them, they reinforce themselves with every deployment and operation. And you live to serve, but you don't want to die, so occasionally it might be a bit heavy handed. Parts of the native population might feel discriminated and treated unfairly.
I'm not excusing that or anything, just telling you that it is as it is in Mu and it's understandable.

Anyways UFM also has a long tradition of groups and (let's call it clubs) who are a bit more patriotic than others, for which it's not enough to have rights they want to live them to the fullest extent.
The funny thing with groups is they start often developing in 'funny' and unpredictable ways, group dynamic often means it's easier to influence a group than an individual.
Like we here on ATS, we are a group that enjoys freedom of speech, of belief too, we all have memories of this place, we invested emotions, efforts, sometimes thinking power too...

In the case of Mu there is one group, partially defined by ethnicity but the crucial factor is sharing a feeling of 'relative deprivation'. It just isn't how it used to be, socially, economically, there are a bunch of new stressors, ideas that were once held dear by everybody are now being questioned by some, and TPTB sit in their ivory tower removed from the reality of their people.
Fear, a feeling of being alienated, surrounded by a hostile world and those in power are traitors selling out what once was the Great Mu.

And along comes this super rich, famous guy, Micky Schlumpf, he was never really known as being beyond reproach, but he says what about half the population, the group we talked about above feels. He makes great promises with catchy slogans the people want to hear.
Unfortunately he's very explicit and the more delicate groups in Mu feel threatened and act like it, in short he destroys that "Dream of Mu" that used to (barely but still) hold society together.

There are some actors who seize the opportunity, they dream of a Mu that is very different, where the purple people have all powers and all rights and those who aren't purple serve and accept their place.
They start a quite successful propaganda psyop, where X, an insider in the truest sense of the word elevates Schlumpf to the size of a messianic superhero fighting all evils one can imagine.
They start dehumanising their political opponents, making sure there can be no longer any rational discussion be had. They tell the normally more centre alligned followers of Schlumpf the east-ists hate them want to get rid off them, replace them, robot-ise them, make them the servants of the non-purple people and so on.

Now fortune thankfully had mercy and Schlumpf didn't win the next election. But he had prepared his followers for that with something that can't be called anything but mental-programming. For months and in every way imaginable Schlumpf tried to challenge the result, alas to no avail.
It became increasingly obvious that the whole Schlumpf-play has been hijacked, the normally not purple supremacist people who fell for that good and sad but true feeling they're finally being heard and taken serious were being abused by those who ironically call themselves patriots but are in reality everything but.

As we all know it's called "the legendary lost continent of Mu" forever gone and because I love you USA:
please don't get hijacked and abused, don't let them persuade you into becoming terrorists.
There are so many problems, I know, I hear you, I understand.
Please do it the right way, the only way, the hard and annoyingly slow way,
write your represantative, lobby up & lawyer up
use the system, the system is still good

And if you read all that, thank you for your patience
You may start calling me names now

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Schlumpf

No quarter received, none given.

Maybe try the mudpit next time.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lernmore

Why? It's just a harmless little story about Mu.
Do you need a hug?

♥️

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Was this just a statement or is there something you're looking for?

6/10, could use some perspectives of other views.

Potentially a short story thread contender.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

No, it fits in conspiracies, it's an allegory.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hmmmmm : a horse that says : "Mu" ... ?

And a toro that says " Nay" ... ?

And Nothin : that has nothing interesting to say, as usual ... ?

Anywho : may indeed be an interesting thought-exercise, into the where and why of our tribal-allegiances.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
oh noes not mo'terrorist.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Does your Horse use

The same hairdressr as Nancy Pelosi.....

Forget that, its obvious now that the horse doesn't

Far to pretty....

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

🤔

thinly veiled attempt at best.

Everyone knows what you mean.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

At first I thought it was a statement of Peep’s fatherland!

Then I realized it was about the Mu Sofa in the center of the living room!!

It is not that far off that the Lost Continent of Mu may really rise again! Maybe December 21, 2012!!

If you can’t laugh at yourself then the extremists have already won!

edit on 13-1-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Verbs good. Me write pretty one day...

top topics

join