It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we fix our system?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
80 million innocent voters were deprived of due process on the only power they have. If this doesnt get investigated like the capitol attackers...it will forever be broken and the blood will be on the progressives hands
edit on 13-1-2021 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Anarchy is stupid as #.

ETA:

At least what I've seen/heard from those calling themselves anarchists.

edit on 1-13-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

I think the problem with the system is that it has too many different interests. God said be ye not unequally yoked and yet that is exactly what we are, unequally yoked.

So I think the solution is to divide all the country up unto theistic parties and let each theistic party rule themselves. i.e. Let the Muslims rule the Muslims, let the Christians rule the Christians, let the atheists rule the atheists, etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Atheists will thrive while all the religious people eat themselves up.

Like they always do, and have always done.

Finally a system I could have some faith in (pun intended)

One problem in this country is the lack of secular representation.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You're projecting. It's the atheists / ungodly who always fck a society up. You all want to live without the cost of responsibility and that ends up costing you everything.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: butcherguy

Anarchy is stupid as #.

ETA:

At least what I've seen/heard from those calling themselves anarchists.

I am a cynical type.
I am just very tired of the status quo.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

How do we fix our system?

1. term limits for all, even SCOTUS and Federal District Judges. plus they should have to run for office just like state and county judges. in some states

2. all heads of bureaucracy ( every alpha bit agency ) and their underlings down to some supervisors.( would have to be worked out). in other words any one that may have some power or influence, should have to go through evaluation every year by a board consisting of 1 citizen from every state, these people are the ones that you really have to watch. not only do they enforce laws, they interrupt and make rules and guidelines for them. if their performance is lacking, sh@@ can them and have a list of qualified replacements.

3. no pork, if the bill is for roads, nothing added to it like billions of dollars for the study of matting habits of paki homosexuals, or any other frivolous horsesh@@.

4. regulate health care to bring costs down, not pass a law that a citizens have to purchase a product from a money grubbin
corporation that will deny coverage at any chance they can. phone, electric and other things are regulated so should health care.

5. all bills debated to be written by government constitutional lawyers consulting with law makers with total transparency. no going into closed chambers or into the Whitehouse like obama did with the heads of the insurance companies when we were forced to buy insurance behind closed doors. no corporate lawyers at all.

6. all lobbying must be done in public with at least 50 people present.

i could go on and on.

edit on 13-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Every bit of that is spot on. Every.bit.of.it.
I agree whole heartedly.

#1 is a given, and would be a huge influence on the changes in the country.
#2 has proven to be a hurdle in the country in a big way. They keep their fingers in a lot of shady stuff they have no business meddling with.
#3 is exactly why bills should be short and easily understood. How many bills can you remember in the last 15-20 years that weren’t full of all kinds of nonsense...it’s ridiculous to say the least.
#4 I hadn’t even considered but that’s one that needs to be addressed in a big way.
#5 and #6 are both problems that cause large amounts of corruption. I stand by my point of punishment for such corruption in my earlier replies...a corrupt politician is a traitorous politician...handle it as such.
If we started “taking care” of corruption with extreme prejudice it would put the breaks on pretty quickly on a lot of the issues we face.

Kinda want to hear more. Throw it on out there if you get a moment.

edit on 1/13/2021 by TheSilverGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I disagree with that broad brush statement.

But I also have used it myself when talking about religion.

Here is the thing, I don't live my life as if there is no cost of responsibility. Maybe that is you projecting. At any rate, any form of a theocratic state is bad for business. There is a lack of objectivity, imo, because the theist will usually refer to their doctrine. Doctrine that could vary depending on this or that religion, then depending on this or that denomination..

Take dogma out of the picture, fine! All good. Bring the positive values you take from your chosen beliefs or lack there of, to the table, share, communicate, we can all get along more or less.

Tell me I'm going hell because I don't buy into the narrative of ancient peoples, you've lost sight. (Speaking in generalities-not saying you said Im going to hell lol)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Zombie Apocalypse or Giant Meteor.

I would say insurrection, but that's a bad word nowadays.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join