It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France, Germany, Mexico, Australia Join International Outcry over Censorship of Donald Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I’m hoping these asshats don’t have any other tricks up their sleeve. Wouldn’t it be grand if their hubris completely overtook them and now they get to pay the piper. Twitter 12% down on stocks (5 billion in losses) in just days.

There are consequences to actions. Even for too big to fail tech giants.

Yep, and meanwhile Gab is getting tens of millions of new members who are leaving Twatter.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

He was a professor there?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

edit on 13010000001 by JHumm because: Lost my train of thought

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No, not GERMANY!

But Merkel did it.

She doesn´t speak or work for the average german citizen.

And she is as redundant as all that data stealing and dealing social media crap like Twitter, Facebook and Co.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: uncommitted

I agree it is against free speech.

Nothing else in your post is of importance is it?

A law forbidding holocaust denial in the country that suffered most of all from the holocaust does not represent a wholesale disregard for free speech by the Polish State.

I am against the law on principle, but it hardly makes Poland the equivalent of North Korea.

It is very strange you are apparently in favour of censoring the President but attack Poland for daring to outlaw holocaust denial. Christ.

It's not about holocaust denial - is that really what you thought the article was about? You didn't read very far did you.

The law is about not allowing anyone to mention the fact that some in Poland were complicit in the deaths of Polish Jews.

That's not holocaust denial, that's the part some Polish people took in it taking place.

That's taking away free speech.

That's showing your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired and really not worth wasting any more time on.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Sure sure

And why is the left so upset about it?

Oh that’s right.

No one is upset about anything apart from some really upset Trumpahs on this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

So international leaders are defending President Trump and that’s upsetting to the morons on the left

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are defending him -- not all of them anyway! -- but they are calling out the gross overreach and injustice of the de-platforming and general efforts to silence him.

Be clear, none are defending him.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Fair enough... nations cannot speak or say anything, as the link title would suggest. And I certainly don't think anyone believes Merkel speaks for the entire nation.

The OP itself makes clear that this is about foreign (to the USA) leaders objecting.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Sure sure

Oh that’s right.

No one is upset about anything apart from some really upset Trumpahs on this thread.

Doesn’t look that way from where I’m sitting

Must be so devastating for you far lefties. You’re showing your emotions

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Sure sure

Oh that’s right.

Doesn’t look that way from where I’m sitting

Must be so devastating for you far lefties. You’re showing your emotions

I'm neither left nor right, just enjoying watching the fun.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I dont think people understand how radical the Democrats are. And their huge amounts of power and money are the fuel.

But thankfully they are the minority...a small group who want to change the world to their seeing.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Could you please provide a source to your claims? I have done several searches and have come up with nothing.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Didn't take the other national leaders long to figure out how dangerous the BS of the tech giants is.

Not sure Weber of Germany really gets it, considering his "American big tech" comment. European firms as just as cutthroat and power hungry, and he may be angling to give European tech firms a boost over their American competition. That would be par for the EU -- seeing ahead about as far as the end of their nose.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350
Could you please provide a source to your claims? I have done several searches and have come up with nothing.

It helps to direct your question to the poster you want an answer from... the "reply" button performs this function very well.

If your question is addressed to me as the author of the thread, I did provide my source. If you have not already, I suggest you go to the link I supplied in the OP, which hyperlinks to original articles for the quote sources. Bloomberg, Time, etc.

You might also try copying and pasting the quote directly into your search engine of source and finding it that way. For example, doing so with the quote for Germany brings up Bloomberg and Fortune among the top results.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Not sure Weber of Germany really gets it, considering his "American big tech" comment. European firms as just as cutthroat and power hungry, and he may be angling to give European tech firms a boost over their American competition. That would be par for the EU -- seeing ahead about as far as the end of their nose.

Cheers

Excellent point -- thank you! I did not even think of this, but now that you pointed it out, you may be right. This would provide a perfect opportunity to demonize Big American Tech to prop up their own Big Tech.

Can't really blame 'em either. Twitter et al pretty much handed them an engraved invitation to do so. Never let a crisis go to waste, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump. It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

I would have loved to seen Merckel and Macron sitting there yucking it up watching Twitter hammer Trump at the moment one of them realized just how easy it would be for them to be erased too.

BawJaws certainly thought the President Reject incited the actions of the rioters that night, he spoke rather strongly about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thank you for posting.

Yes, indeed as a German citizen, that has been sensitized to these tactics of Hitler, I have been calling this out for a long time here and offline.

Yet, I find ANTIFA endorsing, left leaning members here that have the audacity to claim it is the other side. Before some think I am just a partisan hack, no, I consider myself centrist with both progressive and conservative opinions and thoughts.

But let's call it how it is, these radical left leaning members are far worse, than any radical right leaning ramblings I've ever heard. They have such a distorted view of reality and lack of education that they didn't see the writing on the wall.

When Democrat and left leaning politicans can openly announce violence, support riots, bail rioters out, play down arson, play down attacks against police, the state and fellow citizens without repercussions the whole summer 2021... then it's not a tit for tat situation to say, "grab yourself at the own nose, you hypocrites". I don't support how 6th went down at all (the policemen and the women that got killed) but this has to be pointed out loud and clear.

Some hypocrisy I noticed:

- A democrat president and parts of the government abused their powers to wiretap Trump when he was running for president. YET in the process of doing that, the media already tried to paint Trump would abuse his powers.

- The democrats and especially their followers didn't want to acknowledge Trumps victory in 2016, where I found accusations of cheating from the dems. YET, after an historical off election in so many different ways, it's not allowed to point out, observe or question the election process.

- THe democrats have endorsed violence against the police, state and Trump advocators the whole summer over. Houses were burning, families and people fled and feared for their lives. Trump supporters were put under siege in their own homes by BLM activists. I wish I had the propper vocabulary to describe how this demography is ticking and more racist, more violent than those that they accuse of "white supremacy".

Don't even get me started on white guilt and critical race theory. I forgot something, I can not stand victim-mentality either. It's missing the acknowledgment of taking one's destiny into own hands.

These are all push-overs and lay downs if it comes hard on hard.
edit on 14.1.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

...BawJaws...

Hmmm... that's a new one for me!

Boris Johnson?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Well said -- and thank you for adding it

I cannot add to it, except to say that it is heartening to see so many on the left finding the de-platforming problematic as well, and calling it out. This isn't what many of them signed up for.

I found a video from a (very sensible and well spoken) Feminist that I might post later as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Of course it isn't all left thinking people. "Left" is just the description of the most radicals. There are many different viewpoints that have been labeled.

Left, right, progressive, conservative... It just happens that the most audible get through our filters. So they group up in our mind, as our brains wants to find patterns. It's how we learn and connect ideas and information with internal concepts. Many left leaning people have progressive ideas, that doesn't mean that for example someone like me that is valuing tradition, can not have progressive ideas. I know you know that. Most do.

But one example
I am advocating an one world government. Not because I like dystopia, because I understand that as humanity, we need to get our stuff together and overcome racial and political issues. Only then we can stop wars and the world hunger when we unite and use the technology available for good. We would use less technology even.

However I am also advocating for preserving cultures. Less laws than now. I also love my country for it's people and culture. That doesn't mean I do not like other cultures, or think my own culture is flawless. I am just proud of my own because of the values that it reflects for me. It's an extrinsic influence of course because I grew up here.

What am I then?
OneWorldOrder advocator? A liberal? A twisted technocrat? A nationalist? A progressive or a conservative?

I've been writing things like this, yet I have been called a "#ing nazi bitch" here by a long standing member. Because I am from Germany and denounce leftist terror aka ANTIFA? The world is not ready yet, with wrong bent people like that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join