It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France, Germany, Mexico, Australia Join International Outcry over Censorship of Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Despite the general doom and gloom these days, there's always hope, and we're not in this alone. Here's some good news:

France, Germany, Mexico, Australia Join International Outcry over Censorship of Donald Trump

An international outcry over tech censorship is underway, as political leaders from Mexico to Europe voice their alarm at the unchecked power of Big Tech, following the purge of President Donald Trump by the Big Tech Masters of the Universe

We are not talking a couple or even a few... and we're not talking about Trump fans or even conservative governments. The governments cited span the spectrum:

-- Germany
-- France
-- Mexico
-- United Kingdom
-- European Union
-- Poland
-- Hungary
-- Australia
-- Russia
-- Norway

The comments are pretty much what anyone with a conscience and good reason would be expected to say. For example:

Manfred Weber, leader of the largest party group in the European Parliament, said “we cannot leave it to American Big Tech to decide how we can or cannot discuss online,” labeling it a threat to the “consensus building” that is “crucial in free and democratic societies.”

And, of course, there's Uganda's own issues with Twitter and election interference:
Uganda bans Twitter and Facebook over election interference allegations, Twitter cries ‘Human Rights’ violation

Twitter, which has been facing a massive backlash across the world for stifling the freedom of speech by banning the sitting President of the United States Donald Trump over ideological issues, on Tuesday ironically posted a tweet condemning the Ugandan authorities blocking social media apps in the run-up to an election in the African country.

And Twitter's response was downright laughable:

Access to information and freedom of expression, including the public conversation on Twitter, is never more important than during democratic processes, particularly elections.

Yup! Twitter actually said that ^^^ -- after censoring the pre-election Biden laptop stories and de-platforming Trump!!! While Twitter and the left in general see "Trump," other nations reasonably and rightfully see "nation's leader." It's a big difference.

Foreign leaders are not about to allow Big Tech to dictate their speech, their reading material, or their thinking. Neither is the world in general. They cannot put the whole world in FEMA camps.

I have to also believe that every foreign leader -- or would be leader -- has also been paying very close attention to the election fraud allegations, including the evidence. There is a very good chance that other nations know more about what's going on in Italy than we do. All of which should raise very serious questions and concerns for how foreign nations will conduct business with a suspect president. How many foreign nations will trust anything to do with a Biden/Harris presidency?

These are dark times but they will not last forever. These are desperate tactics by desperate people which are doomed to fail. And it's already backfiring. Their tyranny will not stand. Good people will keep fighting the good fight and we will have many bright days ahead of us.

We see them. The whole world sees them. We can do this.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump. It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

I would have loved to seen Merckel and Macron sitting there yucking it up watching Twitter hammer Trump at the moment one of them realized just how easy it would be for them to be erased too.
edit on 13-1-2021 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I’m hoping these asshats don’t have any other tricks up their sleeve. Wouldn’t it be grand if their hubris completely overtook them and now they get to pay the piper. Twitter 12% down on stocks (5 billion in losses) in just days.

There are consequences to actions. Even for too big to fail tech giants.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump.

Yes, more than a couple have been more than a little critical of Trump.

And it should be noted that that's fair enough. Everyone is allowed their own opinions, including their opinions of Trump and/or his policies.

It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

It does seem to work out that way a little too often. But it is what it is.

I suspect foreign leaders became at least a little concerned when the Biden laptop stories were suppressed. If I were a foreign leader, and especially a would-be foreign leader, I would be pretty concerned to know that Big Tech could and would suppress incriminating information about my opponent. But really anyone and everyone needs to be concerned about suppressing information.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump. It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

Suspicious? I would say downright alarmed.

A reckoning will eventually come for these tech giants.

The world has been watching.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I’m hoping these asshats don’t have any other tricks up their sleeve. Wouldn’t it be grand if their hubris completely overtook them and now they get to pay the piper. Twitter 12% down on stocks (5 billion in losses) in just days.

There are consequences to actions. Even for too big to fail tech giants.

And the unintended consequences usually hurt the most.

I'm not sure they were completely unexpected, I just think they believed it wouldn't hurt too much. That they could ride it out. In their desperation, their arrogance and hubris have taken them over the top.

This isn't going unnoticed or unremarked on by many on the left as well. These are the actions of the elite for the elite, and sure their loyal base is cheering them on. But that base is shrinking rapidly. Their identity politics and critical race theory are alienating too many people. Especially as those on left are caught up in the toxicity of doxxing and "cancel culture."

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yeah all those leaders are probably not the biggest Trump fans but at least they are not celebrating commie censorship like all of the deranged Leftist cult is doing.
They know commie propaganda when they see it.
This is how dumb the Leftist cult has become, when other countries call out censorship in the greatest country on earth and half the citizens of said country, celebrate it.
Sad.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump.

And it should be noted that that's fair enough. Everyone is allowed their own opinions, including their opinions of Trump and/or his policies.

It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

I suspect foreign leaders became at least a little concerned when the Biden laptop stories were suppressed. If I were a foreign leader, and especially a would-be foreign leader, I would be pretty concerned to know that Big Tech could and would suppress incriminating information about my opponent. But really anyone and everyone needs to be concerned about suppressing information.

trump doesn't do politics....he wants you to do what he says, period, even if it's against the law.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

trump doesn't do politics....he wants you to do what he says, period, even if it's against the law.

Use your head for something besides a hat rack, Trump is far and away more law abiding than your commie Leftist leaders.
FFS

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Yeah all those leaders are probably not the biggest Trump fans but at least they are not celebrating commie censorship like all of the deranged Leftist cult is doing.
This is how dumb the Leftist cult has become, when other countries call out censorship in the greatest country on earth and half the citizens of said country, celebrate it.
Sad.

the only trump fan is one who has never dealt with him personally...

link   

F those leaders speaking out about it now. Now is too late.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Sad.

the only trump fan is one who has never dealt with him personally...

You have dealt with Trump personally?
Do tell.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Your post caused me to think of something I hadn't before. Leaders in other countries, rightfully concerned about how things went down, and with (as you say) possible inside info on the details of it, could well be the ones to lift the veil of it all. They could be the ones to bring it all to light. What would they stand to lose?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
He only dealt with Trump in his mind and it made him uncomfortable.

Or maybe self reflection made him realize he's worse than Trump...

I think that's what most of this stems from.

Edit: Autocorrect mind to best TF?
edit on 1/13/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sad.

The vilifying and condemnation of Trump has allowed many people to put aside principles (and their humanity) to stop this horrible awful orange man. I can only imagine the feeling of moral and righteous superiority for being so enlightened and woke. They just cannot see the greater harm being done by this public vendetta against Trump. People have lost sight of the forest for the trees.

I hope many of these people are taking another look at what's happened, what is still happening, and just how much worse it can get. For everyone. Because if they can do it to one, they can do it to anyone and everyone.

Hopefully one of those lessons that are learned best because it was learned by living.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What Trump does or does not do has nothing to do with the OP.

I do not want to discuss Trump, except within the confines of the topic of foreign reactions to Twitter's censorship of the president. This is about Twitter and the presidency... not Twitter and Trump.

I hope I've made the distinction clear.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

History says fat-chance.

It's going to get a whole lot worse, before it gets better, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Every head of state or government will be disgusted by the fact a corporation has the power to simply silence a serving head of state, even if they don’t say it. All of them, from North Korea to Iceland. With the possible exception of Trudeau.

It is an outrageous state of affairs, and if nothing else shows the US is not sovereign and merely a vassal state to a corporate oligarchy.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Use your head for something besides a hat rack, Trump is far and away more law abiding than your commie Leftist leaders.
FFS

in dec, 2016 he paid a 25 million dollar fine because he lost a lawsuit where he cheated students out of their money. it was called fraud....maybe he could come by and cheat you out of your money?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I would have loved to seen Merckel and Macron sitting there yucking it up watching Twitter hammer Trump at the moment one of them realized just how easy it would be for them to be erased too.

Except that Twitter would never disable those leaders. If the ayatollah hasn't been turned off, no one else will. The hate for Trump in the American left is beyond belief.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join