It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last president of the Soviet Union sees parallels between the USA in 2021 and the USSR in 1991.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Gorbachev thinks what happened at the U.S. Capitol looks strangely familiar... Says it “was evidently planned in advance, and it is clear by whom”

I didn't know Mikhail Gorbachev was still alive, but someone tracked him down and asked what he thought about the state of the United States right now. His answer is pretty disturbing: he sees clear parallels to how the Soviet Union collapsed 30 years ago. I dare say, he would know.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The Soviet Union collapsed because we outspent them and they were committed to a fully planned and controlled economy. Those inefficiencies broke them.

In my view, it looks more like we're chasing the Chinese model.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

There's also a parallel with the showdown between Yeltsin and the Duma in 1993. A populist leader wanted to bypass the legislative branch to implement reforms rooted in the idea of a free market.

That didn't end well either.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Gorbachev doesn't know squat. The only way I would care about his opinion is if it was part of a conversation in polite company, so as not to be rude.

Star & Flagged

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Soviet union collapsed in 1991 when the rest of the world was still financially much stronger.
The world today is in a global recession and the US is feeling the pain along with all the other countries.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Here are some clues:

(A couple Antifa members identified and one who was present when Ashli got shot immediately runs down the stairs to change his clothes behind the police.)

There is also a video analysis somewhere which shows the gunman moving his gun away right before he pulled the trigger.

There is a video with General McInereney stating that he knew Special Forces was there and they got Pelosi's laptop. I also have reason to believe there indeed was Special Ops or something like that in the crowd.

For me the big question is - is everyone in on it (including the current administration)? Is there some sort of real schism as they portray. Me personally - I lean toward it all being a big psy-op show/theater.

Not sure whats goin on..

edit on 15-1-2021 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
the USSR was dissolved because gorbachev was a naive fool that tried to reform the nation too fast and his weakned position was exploited by 3 power hungry rivals who wanted to be the leader of their own country, ukraine, russia and belarus.

top topics

join