It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Remember that Time When the ACLU....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Defended the KKK's right to free speech?

www.aclu.org...

Yesterday, the American Civil Liberties Union of Eastern Missouri filed a federal lawsuit against the City of Cape Girardeau on behalf of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (TAK). TAK members had planned to place handbills on the windshields of parked cars on Sept. 28, until they discovered this is considered a crime by the City of Cape Girardeau.

“Our clients describe themselves as “a White Patriotic Christian organization’ that ‘believes in the preservation of the White race and the United States Constitution as it was originally written’,” says Tony Rothert, legal director of the ACLU-EM. “They’ve found that distributing leaflets is an effective way to recruit new members.”

“Defending the rights of groups that the government tries to censor because of their viewpoints is at the heart of what the First Amendment and the ACLU stand for, even when the viewpoints are not popular,” says Brenda L. Jones, executive director of the ACLU-EM. “If we don’t protect the free speech rights of all, we risk having the government arbitrarily decide what is, or is not, acceptable speech.”

Ohhh boy times sure have changed over the last decade. Right front and center:

www.aclu.org...

For his unconstitutional attempts to subvert our nation's democracy, Trump must be impeached immediately.

Now, i've seen Trump say a lot of dumb #, but I can't quite think of anything he's said as hateful and violence inducing as some of the crap the KKK says. Those people are fairly notorious for inciting and carrying out such things as lynching.

Yet back in 2012, the ACLU was defending their right to free speech and their right to assemble. Fast forward 8 and a half years or so and they're right on board the impeach over words bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
They hate the no fly list also....
Or they did at one time....

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Free expression died, time of death?

January 20th, 2021.

A-Wo-men.
edit on 12-1-2021 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

January 20th, 2021.

A-Wo-men.

No gender speak !!! negative 2000 social points for you

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

January 20th, 2021.

A-Wo-men.

No gender speak !!! negative 2000 social points for you

Please forgive me, my Chinese Overlords.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No forgiveness...

Unless...

You drop to your knees and proclaim the eternal beauty, wit and humour of her most gracious the rightful Black Queen of America

Kamala Harris

edit on 12/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

No forgiveness...

Unless...

You drop to your knees and proclaim the eternal beauty, wit and humour of her most gracious the rightful Queen of America Kamala Harris

*Points to the intercostal space between the third and fourth rib on the left side of torso*

Best shot for the heart is right there.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Good job you passed the test. I can't think of a more reasonable response to such a request.

I have to be honest. It was hard to even write that post. My brain couldn't comprehend the things i was writing.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It might be different if Donald Trump were still just a guy and not "The Most Powerful Man in the World". Especially since he's the first president with such a sizable amount of dedicated followers that are loyal enough to do anything he commands/suggests. I'm willing to bet there were more Trumpers at the Capitol last week than there are KKK members nationwide.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Leftists openly supporting the KKK?

What a surprise

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
They hate the no fly list also....
Or they did at one time....

No. They still do. They've gotten nervous over calls to put all the Capitol protestors on the No Fly list because they still hate it.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
It might be different if Donald Trump were still just a guy and not "The Most Powerful Man in the World". Especially since he's the first president with such a sizable amount of dedicated followers that are loyal enough to do anything he commands/suggests. I'm willing to bet there were more Trumpers at the Capitol last week than there are KKK members nationwide.

Huh, let's analyze the issue here ...

The president of the US actually being someone with a lot of people in the country who like him. God forbid that happen! We can't have that. BURN HIM!

We are much better off when no one likes our leader.

I think there must be some kind of flaw in your thinking there.
edit on 13-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

A-Wo-men.

You're still OKKKay in my book.

top topics

join