It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Smell What Pence Is Cooking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As soon as she read the part where Pence mentioned the Bible in his letter, Piglosi’s hair burst into flames.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
P4ence would make a good president. But I doubt if he would even want to be president anymore with people like Schiff and Pelosi in the house that are so nuts. Can't they use the 25th to remove three of the Democrats in charge of the house...oh and maybe that chaotic AOC who never should have been elected in the first place.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Maybe by not invoking the 25th amendment, it leaves Trump open to legal action after he is out of office.
The 25th might be used almost as an insanity plea, in which Trump would not be liable for legal action.

I suspect there is more to Pence not invoking it other than loyalty,
but then I dunno.

Was just a thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sadly Cortez is coming out of all this looking pretty sane in comparison to the rest of her party.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

I suspect there is more to Pence not invoking it other than loyalty,
but then I dunno.

All that talk about Pence granting a pardon to Trump had me thinking as well. What if Trump gave Pence the pardon? There is a lot of talk about Pence and something that is being held over his head, extortionable stuff. If Trump gave him a pardon, then you can't extort him for any of those actions since it would be null and void. This might be also the reason for Pence writing that letter to Pelosi about why he won't use the 25A on Trump.

Like you, it's just a thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Pence's response is perfectly reasonable. The 25th amendment was designed for incapacitation.

For better or for worse, he doesn't go out of his way to exert more power than the Vice Presidency is supposed to have.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   
What Pence done on the 6th Jan 2021, it hurt stopping the steal. With the speech he gave in congress it was not about knowing election fraud was going on, it was about letting congress decide. When the issue is a stolen election with the new members voting, how is it suppose to go? I guess that is why there is a provision in the constitution for the Vice President to step in with a bad election.

It is up there with Justice John Roberts saying its not his problem.

With the speech Trump gave that day before counting the votes, he started out hopeful Pence would do the right thing, but he had his concerns. I was 50/50 on it in the lead up.

Is this some kind of sting operation to get those involved in the Biden inauguration surrounded bu 15k troops for a clean arrest? Or is it just some way Biden can get someone to show up calling a state of emergency in DC? What is General Millie going to?

If Trump does not make some kind of move while he is still in the job, it don't look good.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

well i mean that's the whole point of democracy and capitalism, to use the ambition and greed of politicians to make them act in the interests of the people when making decisions, vote how the people want you to and you stay in power and get paid well. its the same reason Democrats want to impeach him, so whats your point saying that..

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Pence is just trying to position himself for a 2024 run, if he was to do anything to bring down Trump he would forever lose the support of the Trump supporters.

No real surprise in him refusing to invoke the 25th.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Pence is just trying to position himself for a 2024 run, if he was to do anything to bring down Trump he would forever lose the support of the Trump supporters.

No real surprise in him refusing to invoke the 25th.

Not possible for you to be able to imagine what a "Trump Supporter" thinks ... anymore than Pence or Team Pence can.

You see, Trump galvanized the Silent Majority. Their reason for silence is what you are unable to fathom.

I know there were a crap-ton of Old Guard Republicans who voted Biden. They were the Silent Force last election. They're also the ones who 'probably' gave the back-office nod on rigging the election. Never Trumpers ... and they back-stabbed the country forcing a Biden Harris side off the coin ... keeping Team Purple limping along.

Are gas prices going up on your side of the pond? Working dudes around here haven't started to complain yet, but prices 'round here are up about 20%. Are you gettin' it now?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Rearranging the order of kwakakev's post

originally posted by: kwakakev
If Trump does not make some kind of move while he is still in the job, it don't look good.

This statement is on-point.

Is this some kind of sting operation to get those involved in the Biden inauguration surrounded bu 15k troops for a clean arrest? Or is it just some way Biden can get someone to show up calling a state of emergency in DC? What is General Millie going to?

This is why I enjoy sharing the boards with you, mate!! There's exactly zero possibility of Trump gaining control of 'the troops' at this late (and ending) stage of his presidency, but I love the way you think.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

There's exactly zero possibility of Trump gaining control of 'the troops' at this late (and ending) stage of his presidency

Cannot say I would be surprised to see it go the way of JFK, 9/11 and who knows how many other cover ups. Until it happens I hope not. Coming to terms with a lying, corrupt and demented Joe Biden.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Except there have been reminders going out to the military (according to MSM) that they took an oath to the Constitution and not a person nor ideology. Of course that stems from current and former officers and non-comm participants in the Capitol last Wednesday.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Guyfriday

The Constitution doesn't define what high crimes and misdemeanors are. It leaves it for Congress to define. High crimes and misdemeanors are whatever Congress says are high crimes and misdemeanors. That's why impeachment is a political process, not a judicial process. Likewise, the 25th Amendment is about medical disabilities. Its implementation is neither political or judicial.

That definately qualifies Biden for invocation of the 25th.
physically and mentally incapable to hold office.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
The only reason why Pence and other Republicans aren't in support of invoking the 25th amendment is because they are scared of losing the votes of the Trumpsters

It's because they are afraid Americans would gladly burn down their own ship rather than have the "wrong" captain at the wheel.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: rickymouse

Sadly Cortez is coming out of all this looking pretty sane in comparison to the rest of her party.

Sadly to say your right. Pelosi is way more of an unhinged anarchist than even cortez is and cortez has not gotten less that way.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I wondered if the push of the 25th Amendment might have more to do with Dropping Jao Xiden, and quickly,, soon after taking office, executing the replacement with the Kamel Hardass VP, swiftly transitioning to President?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He can run, however he has to know that he's pretty much sunk from the get go. With the way the conversations are going now, every single opponent will smear him for his association with President Trump. I don't know if he goes riding off quietly into the sunset, but as far as his career is concerned with elected or appointed politics, I can't see a path to recovery for him. Commentating? Possibly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join