It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Smell What Pence Is Cooking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The last sentence confuses me.

The Constitution's 25th Amendment is all about when the president is incapacitated, not naughty. The Constitution gives Congress the power to punish bad behavior with impeachment.
edit on 12-1-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
High crimes and misdemeanors isn't bad behavior? That's news to me!

Think of it this way..

All Antifa are retards, but all retards aren't Antifa.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Ahabstar

I agree with Pence here. Now, I do believe that Nancy Pelosi, and others, really do think that Trump is "crazy", but as Pence suggests, that's not enough. You need a team of qualified doctors to say so, "science and facts". Anything less than that is using the 25th Amendment to punish bad behavior. That's not what it's for, that's what impeachment is for.

Wrong again.

Impeachment is for "High Crimes and Misdomenors", not for punishing bad behavior.

High crimes and misdemeanors isn't bad behavior? That's new to me!

I farted in a crowded elevator today.

It's bad behavior, so impeach me.

*laughs at you and walks away*

Sound like a health issue. If your farts are really bad and wet, a doctor could say you're not fit to work, and send you home.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lernmore

High crimes and misdemeanors isn't bad behavior? That's news to me!

Think of it this way..

All Antifa are retards, but all retards aren't Antifa.

Again, that sound like a health issue, not a behavioral issue.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I'm glad I got to read the letter before Pelosi tore it up.

It's not officially in the record if Pelosi doesn't rip it up.

Anyone else wonder if Pence is going to get a pardon from Trump, and that's why he's playing ball again.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm glad I got to read the letter before Pelosi tore it up.

Sometimes my room mates catch me mumbling walking thru the house.

Letter rip'n, door slam'n, power grab''n, sand bag'n, Trump hate'n,
vow break'n, vote steal'n, disease spread''n, ice cream eat'n, booze
drink'n, backwards think'n, dirty deal'n, bundle pick'n, saliva swirl'n,
treason commit'n, face lift'n, botox shoot'n, rug run'n, cookie crumble'n,
curtain climb'n, gravy grab'n, back stab'n' floor stomp'n make up wear'n
late start'n early quit'n................

It helps me relax.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I agree with Pence here. Now, I do believe that Nancy Pelosi, and others, really do think that Trump is "crazy", but as Pence suggests, that's not enough. You need a team of qualified doctors to say so, "science and facts". Anything less than that is using the 25th Amendment to punish bad behavior. That's not what it's for, that's what impeachment is for.

Wrong again.

Impeachment is for "High Crimes and Misdomenors", not for punishing bad behavior.

Sound like a health issue. If your farts are really bad and wet, a doctor could say you're not fit to work, and send you home.

Bad smelling and wet farts? You're making DB sound more like Nadler.

You both bring up and interesting thought, no not farts, but if a president can be impeached for behavior that Congress doesn't like, then does that mean that Congress has taken control of all of the US Government?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The Constitution doesn't define what high crimes and misdemeanors are. It leaves it for Congress to define. High crimes and misdemeanors are whatever Congress says are high crimes and misdemeanors. That's why impeachment is a political process, not a judicial process. Likewise, the 25th Amendment is about medical disabilities. Its implementation is neither political or judicial.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The Constitution doesn't define what high crimes and misdemeanors are. It leaves it for Congress to define. High crimes and misdemeanors are whatever Congress says are high crimes and misdemeanors. That's why impeachment is a political process, not a judicial process.

The problem with this; how do you convict somebody for something that you claimed earlier on was ok?

Likewise, the 25th Amendment is about medical disabilities. Its implementation is neither political or judicial.

SO it should be up to a medical and psychological exam to determine if the 25A should be used.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

; how do you convict somebody for something that you claimed earlier on was ok?

What did I say was okay?

SO it should be up to a medical and psychological exam to determine if the 25A should be used.

No, it's up to the Vice President, the president's cabinet and Congress to determine when the 25th A should be used. But, as Pence says, such a decision should be guided by science and facts, not feelz.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Wrong again.

A 24-hour impeachment with no defense. Impeachment carries no weight like it used to.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Democrats have cheapened the Constitution, which is probably their plan.

They are weak and cowardly people who soil themselves often.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Biden is obviously mentally ill. Harris would have been institutionalized at one time, for her sexual behavior with a married man. They branded women as sick in the head, and even lobotomized many of them. Career criminals, sold out to world powers. You are being sold. It will not be comfortable. You will own nothing, and you and your wife will do exactly what the Chinese say.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Harris would have been institutionalized at one time, for her sexual behavior with a married man.

...And, at one time, Trump would have been stoned to death for his romps with prostitutes.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

First point:

I agree because that's how it's written. My question relates to how can they say Trump had instigated the Storming of the Capital Building, when many of the people in Congress had said it was ok for people to burn cities down and had even instigated people to do that directly.

The second point:

I know what what the 25A says, but that way it's being used should require medical and psychological testing, shouldn't it? I mean sure the VP should be the one to demand it, but in the end it needs to be better defined by a functioning Supreme Court.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I bet we could have Joe impeached before he finished reciting the oath if we tried.

How could that happen with Nancy and Co? Trump could answer the request for California to break into three states by kicking the current California out since new states cannot be made from current states (Article 3, Section 3).

Say...that might end that whole quickie impeachment too, seeing how 53 members of the house disappeared in a puff of smoke and with both Harris and Dianne done in the Senate....it flips back to the Republicans too. It’s like magic.

Or he could just adjourn the House and Senate until Jan 22, as per the Constitution, and end it anyway.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I disagree with your conclusion that Congress members called for the burning of cities, so I won't address your first point. As for your second point, that's what I believe Pence was saying, when he invoked "science and facts", and it is what I was saying when I said declaring Trump crazy would take a team of doctors that all agree.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

We disagree about point one so I won't bring it up.

Point two though was handled very well, but also a little disingenuous by Pence today. He basically passed the buck. He could have just said that he wasn't going to do it, but instead threw Pelosi's words back at her. That's why I think the SCOTUS needs to define how the 25A should be evaluated in the future.

This isn't so much a Trump thing, a Biden thing, or an anybody thing, but rather and everybody thing. Now that the 25A has been discussed it's only a matter of time before it's put to use, and when that day comes the American people should feel like it was the right call. Politicizing the 25A is a bad thing to do and only sets a tainted message for when it's needed.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
House vote: H Res 21 (sec 4, article 25)

220 YEA , 205 NAY with only 8 NV left.

edit on 12-1-2021 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I bet we could have Joe impeached before he finished reciting the oath if we tried.

Yep. President Trump could also push her resignation for
her coup attempt, even the Pentagon told her what she
was asking for amounted to a coup.

Go for all three of them, Joe, Nancy and Kamal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join