It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is burning and you are at fault.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Helious

Lets all be honest...... That doesn't always happen but without open communication, it could NEVER happen. I have seen in posts the people among us here that celebrate the deplatforming and silencing of Parler, I have seen those of you that would be happy to even go steps further.......

Yes, lets be honest. I'm not for censorship but when a platform like parler is used to plan sedition and revolution, Parler would still exist if this wasn't the result.

I don’t usually get this blunt here, but you’re full of sh?&! Parler was not used to plan sedition. What a load of cr$@. It is so tiresome listening to the left and their screaming while they applaud Big Tech censoring conservatives. Y’all told us why don’t we conservatives get our own platform and now when it happens y’all yell that it’s sedition and you want it deplatformed. What a load of hypocrisy!

Be as blunt as you like, it still dosen't erase the fact that if you Plan sedition and kill a cop expect repercussions. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I'm not for censorship, but a social media site members calling to bring rope and weapons to an intended peaceful rally....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 13-1-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm not for censorship but...

Stop right there!

So, you ARE for censorship then!

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I'm not for censorship but...

Stop right there!

So, you ARE for censorship then!

No I'm not... I hope parler comes back but with proper moderation like on ATS.

I also don't agree with other social media sites censoring the right wing as long as they observe the T&C like on ATS.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater has legal consequences.

banning theaters so people can't yell "fire!" is a whole other matter.

herein lies the difference.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Does this make sense...

Parler was operating under the auspices of another corporation. They broke the rules of the contract they signed and the controlling entity shut them down. An analogy...if a subconcractor violates the rules of the contractor that bid the job and paid for the permit...what should be the outcome?

Parler should sue Amazon to be reinstated...let the chips fall where they may.

www.wsj.com...

I hope your shoulder is healing well so you can type with both hands soon!

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

False equivalence. For one yelling fire in a crowded movie theater only has consequences if there isnt a fire. For two, they arent banning theaters, they are muzzling the people who would cry fire errantly.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Moderation like on

whatsapp? has a pedophile problem.

Telegram & discord has a pedophile problem.

youtube has a pedophile problem.

Google amazon and youtube have no buisness dictating or demanding anything regarding problems on other platforms before they address their own.

I dont see anyone advocating for these apps/sites to close. This has been a problem for many years without anything being done about it.

Selective outrage at its finest.

Same people had no issue with blm/antifa burning/looting/killing and tearing down monuments all summer. Are now demanding arrests of Trump for inciting violence. When you have examples of every predominant democrat cheering the destruction on for many months. Kamala harris even said they should not stop.

Its fkn ridiculous.

edit on 13-1-2021 by samuelsson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

No, not false equivalence. they're banning the platform for them to do it. that's different.

instead, why not punish the individuals doing it, rather than punishing the group as a whole?

your point #1 was just silly. obviousy we agree there.

(sorry about the poor punctuation, i can only use my left hand.)
edit on 1/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

False equivalence. For one yelling fire in a crowded movie theater only has consequences if there isnt a fire. For two, they arent banning theaters, they are muzzling the people who would cry fire errantly.

You're correct that is a false equivalence. But you're also erring in limiting your scope to the fire in a crowded theater test.
In Watt V USA, There was a direct threat made against LBJ, but the SCOTUS ruled that such hyperbolic threats are actually protected free speech.
In Elonis V USA, A man posted on Facebook very detailed and graphic writings of how he was going to murder his estranged wife
The SCOTUS ruled for the defendant using similar rationale.
Using the legal concept of Mens Rea, the SCOTUS has shown that there must be intent, means, and a clear understanding that a crime will be committed because of the speech
If these are not present, then it is free speech.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Moderation like on

whatsapp? has a pedophile problem.

Telegram & discord has a pedophile problem.

youtube has a pedophile problem.

Google amazon and youtube have no buisness dictating or demanding anything regarding problems on other platforms before they address their own.

I dont see anyone advocating for these apps/sites to close. This has been a problem for many years without anything being done about it.

Selective outrage at its finest.

Same people had no issue with blm/antifa burning/looting/killing and tearing down monuments all summer. Are now demanding arrests of Trump for inciting violence. When you have examples of every predominant democrat cheering the destruction on for many months. Kamala harris even said they should not stop.

Its fkn ridiculous.

Some people have drunk deep at the fountain of Democrat Koolaid - and it’s not you.

The level of double standards should be something that brings both sides up sharp. It’s this level of division, a charge thrown at Trump but in truth exercised ruthlessly by the Democrats, which is damaging the US. The fact that one side in America cannot see it beggars belief. Trump is a bit of a pillock (English term), but he isn’t all bad and certainly not the devil he is being painted. It is genuinely pathetic. How can grown men and women fall for this lunacy?

And then you’re allowing your huge media corporations dictate what can be said and by whom in complete denial of your constitution - and you’re cheering it.

Both sides need to see the peril here. The USA is a great country with some incredible people. The world is better with you guys United. I wonder how China and Russia are viewing you currently? It’s like all their wildest dreams coming true. Who actually benefits from your division and manufactured hatred? Certainly not you guys that is for sure.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizona2

no, it isn't false equivalence! thie issue is the group, not the individual.

in your example you cite the individual.

edit on 1/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

no, it isn't false equivalence! thie issue is the group, not the individual.

in your example you cite the individual.

But it is
They're not banning theaters
The're limiting patronage to a theater
edit on 13-1-2021 by Arizona2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well said. We are on shaky ground.
Thank you for being a voice of reason.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, yea it is. An individual is responsible for whether or not they decide to yell fire in a crowded theater and an individual is who gets prosecuted if they have done so illegally.

I just wanted to ETA with respect to

instead, why not punish the individuals doing it, rather than punishing the group as a whole?

They are, first they banned Donald Trump (not the President as @POTUS stille exists) then went on to ban anyone INDIVIDUALLY pushing debunked and baseless QAnon conspiracy theories as they clearly pose a threat. It just so happened that there wee a LOT of individuals, so it's easy to conflate a large set of individuals as a GROUP. There are still plenty of conservatives that havent seen any downtime. I wonder why that is?
edit on 13-1-2021 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You're right. The fire alone isn't enough.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You should know you f'ed up when Germany is saying

But that would require the left knowing history and Common Core doesn't teach that.....

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Get real! They are silencing opposing narratives in preparation for the New World Order.

Have you done no research? Have you not opened your eyes?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Negative. Been on this site since the early 2000s. Warmed numerous people that our country is under attack. States the globalists Are after our freedoms and way of life. They’ve destroyed it all. And maybe I am to blame for not reaching more people but I sure as hell did my best to end people of the evil we see daily.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Negative. Been on this site since the early 2000s. Warmed numerous people that our country is under attack. Stated the globalists Are after our freedoms and way of life. They’ve destroyed it all. And maybe I am to blame for not reaching more people but I sure as hell did my best to warn people of the evil we see daily.

edit on 13-1-2021 by antmax21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join