It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

READ: House Dems Introduce Bill To ‘Abolish Electoral College’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Arizona2

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: neo96

Welcome to the USSA.

The Constitution means nothing to these people, and many of us said so.

between now and 2024? Not even close

See, this is where I have to disagree with you
Amending the Constitution is part of the Constitution
We may not like the amendment
But it is certainly part of the Constitutional process
nothing commie about it

You think they'll be able to get a majority of states to agree?

between now and 2024? not even close
edit on 12-1-2021 by Arizona2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
They'll just get the states they need to agree.

# everyone else.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Slightly off-topic?

Has it occurred to anyone that this political kabuki that has occurred between Big Tech heads and Congress might be the face of something altogether different?

Remember the stink way back about Apple and alphabet agencies having back door acces to iOS platforms?

And apple played the fool for the public’s sake and consumption, full well in on it?

Maybe Congress and Big Tech have just been a bit more than busy bees these days. Ya know, orchestrating infiltration and having forehand knowledge of the script for let’s say a....

A different kinda OS.

Also: why am I thinking of Prince Humperdink again...?

Bilderberg, baby. Where WEF and UN collaborate.

edit on 12-1-2021 by filthyphilanthropist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: DBCowboy
They'll just get the states they need to agree.

# everyone else.

They need 38

they control the legislatures right now in 19

If they are that powerful that they can force 19 GOP dominated Statehouses and State senates to agree to give up their rights, then they are powerful enough to do what ever it is they want
WHAT ABOUT THAT IS SO DAMN HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!!

I swear...ATS is infested with ideological Eyeore's

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

On Sixty Minutes on November 13, 2016, President-Elect Trump said:
"I would rather see it, where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes, and somebody else gets 90 million votes, and you win. There’s a reason for doing this. Because it brings all the states into play."

You are not seeing this for what it is. Where is the rest of the conversation? This is an edited hit piece that shreds the context. Everyone would like things to be fair and simple; (one LEGAL vote per person). All states come into play BECAUSE of the wisdom of the Electoral College. Heavily populated states cannot steam role less populated states by sheer numbers (popular vote) and cannot elect the President because their numbers are greater than all others. This is not his stance. He used to be a Democrat; do you hold that against him as a grey from Zeta Reticuli?
edit on 12-1-2021 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: LSU2018

But but but they're not gonna stack the courts and start ripping the constitution!

they might declare the EC unlawful with their paid off SC

It's coming. The democrats aren't holding back. They've been trying to eliminate their opposition since the late 1800's and after hog trapping America since the mid 2000's, they're more emboldened now than they've been since they failed to hold down the black communities in the 1960's.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Wow
I can't believe what I'm reading
straight up fearmongering and disinfo
Let's get something straight...if the Dems are so powerful that they can just force the SCOTUS to rule the Constitution invalid, Then they are powerful enough that it doesn't matter what SCOTUS says
really..I'm amazed at the unbridled crap that comes out of some of y'all's brains
end rant

I couldn't believe that I was hearing silence from Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in the debates when they were asked if they would stack the Supreme Court so they could get their new bills passed, a move that wouldn't be possible without winning total control of Congress...

Now I believe every bit of it. Maybe you should be a little more open minded instead of insulting all who don't think like you.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

But but but they're not gonna stack the courts and start ripping the constitution!

It's coming. The democrats aren't holding back. They've been trying to eliminate their opposition since the late 1800's and after hog trapping America since the mid 2000's, they're more emboldened now than they've been since they failed to hold down the black communities in the 1960's.

Minority leftist loudmouths need ANOTHER country to ruin I guess. Not happy with the already despot (not including 3rd world) 25+ existing?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Nivhk

If Trump says the sky is blue I'm not going to disagree with the guy out of spite. Unlike conservatives that emotionally react to anything a liberal does or says.

What did you make of the travel ban Trump tried to enact? He included all of the same countries that obama included in his travel ban (with the addition of one more). Everyone, including Conservatives, praised his efforts. When Trump did the same thing, the only opposition he got was from the left. Are you sure Conservatives are the ones who emotionally react to anything a liberal does?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Wow
I can't believe what I'm reading
straight up fearmongering and disinfo
Let's get something straight...if the Dems are so powerful that they can just force the SCOTUS to rule the Constitution invalid, Then they are powerful enough that it doesn't matter what SCOTUS says
really..I'm amazed at the unbridled crap that comes out of some of y'all's brains
end rant

I couldn't believe that I was hearing silence from Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in the debates when they were asked if they would stack the Supreme Court so they could get their new bills passed, a move that wouldn't be possible without winning total control of Congress...

Now I believe every bit of it. Maybe you should be a little more open minded instead of insulting all who don't think like you.

Don't open your mind so much that your brain falls out, which appears to have happened
They could put 50 more justices on the SCOTUS and they couldn't overrule the language in the Constitution
There is no way
There has been thousands of SCOTUS decisions, and not once
NOT ONCE

Has the SCOTUS ever overruled any part of the Constitution.
Your scenario has no basis in fact
no basis in any evidence presented
you have no valid argument for anything that you posted

NOT ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE
except for some fictitious reality that you have invented in your mind

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Minority leftist loudmouths need ANOTHER country to ruin I guess. Not happy with the already despot 25+ existing?

But are the loudmouths the minority? I see them all over the web and social media and the news. I can't recall ever seeing such a large group so angry over winning something, even if it's not legit. I'd think that made them even happier. But you're right, one would think they'd be happier in a country that fits their agenda already.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizona2

You need to pay more attention, what we've been watching go down since the election is raw and uncut and unprecedented. I haven't invented anything in mind, I've kept my eyes open and paid attention.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You need to pay more attention, what we've been watching go down since the election is raw and uncut and unprecedented. I haven't invented anything in mind, I've kept my eyes open and paid attention.

What you have thought you saw...I don't know
I know what I have seen
a blatant attempt at a power grab by the dems
But that's all it is
They need to control statehouses
and Governorships
and seed the Military with sycophant brass
to be able to consolidate that
because as things stand right now they have a tenuous grasp on that power
but they still don't have the means to create the dystopian outlook that we all fear
not yet

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

LSU218:It's coming. The democrats aren't holding back. They've been trying to eliminate their opposition since the late 1800's and after hog trapping America since the mid 2000's, they're more emboldened now than they've been since they failed to hold down the black communities in the 1960's.

vethumanbeing: Minority leftist loudmouths need ANOTHER country to ruin I guess. Not happy with the already (third world not included) despot 25+ existing?

LSU2018:But are the loudmouths the minority? I see them all over the web and social media and the news. I can't recall ever seeing such a large group so angry over winning something, even if it's not legit. I'd think that made them even happier. But you're right, one would think they'd be happier in a country that fits their agenda already.

How many 'lint in their navel' old Marxist leftist denture clattering Communists does it take to make a minority seem to be a majority? There would be two only, represented by the *new* House and Senate leadership appointees because they have the absolute power in granting critical to career building committee assignments and more importantly driving new legislation. They are no longer satisfied with the small failures; they want a victorious total destruction of any idea of Nationalism. No countries, no middle class; just the elites and the surfs. Globalists would have China be the manufacturing base (slave labor) and the rest of us if not consuming their goods and keeping our mouths shut..disappear. Five families control China, and they are wealthier than Midas/Solomon. Where does the greed end?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If they turn it into a popular vote then there will virtually no point in voting whatsoever. Cali and New Dork will decide every election. With whoever is left alive in Chicago. Trust me, we have that same thing in Michigan with Detroit. The rest of the state might as well stay home. After all, that's how we got the witch of Lansing.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I hope you're right, but like you said, "not yet". How long before "yet" comes to fruition if nothing is done to stop the bogus elections? Also, I don't fear what I think their dystopian future may bring, but if it ever were to happen, there are a lot of people that will be effected by it and aren't prepared for what it takes to handle such times.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It's not as bad as it seems...these power moves are most definitely feigns.
Like in Chess when an opponent leaves his queen in danger
and a hasty opponent swoops in, thus leaving him doomed to checkmate in two moves
but chess is linear and 2d
we need to think spherically and in 3d
we need to play the Chinese game Go instead of chess.
I don't know if you've ever played, but the object is to have your pieces totally surround the other players pieces.

if we were to look at things in this perspective, we would see a 4 sided board for playing
lets name our sides
one side is the federal government
one side is the media
one side is the State governments
and one side is the military
which side does our opponent control most definitively?
The media, right?
So rather than focus one those pieces we should let them become attached to that side of the board
the more assets our opponents have to put into maintaining the media domination, the less they can put to the other sides
Next up, we have the federal government
Our opponent controls about 70% of this, when we figure in all the bureaucracy and entrenched agencies
And the media supports this side
there are some openings to slip through and try to gain ground, but we should be careful exactly how much attention we pay to this.
This has probably been our biggest mistake
The Military should be where we all are pushing our finest young men and women to go
fill West Point and Annapolis with our progeny, raised in true American values
The time may come when we need strong leadership to stand up to Unconstitutional actions and orders
and don't just stop there...push all of our sons and daughters to take rank..become NCOs
Make our opponent wary of the military
and finally, our strength ..State Governments
Don't just be satisfied with it being a strength
make it a power
Pour our attention, money, and hearts into erecting strong state and local governments
Even now, as I type this, George Soros is spending money to take over state governments, focusing on the most vulnerable first
state governments that the GOP currently holds, like Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia
We can't let that happen
we can't let those stones get behind us
we must make a stand there
once we do that we take Constitutional Amendments out of play.
Then we force our opponents hand
with a strong contingent of leadership in the military
and a powerful force of state governments, we start at the federal government side of things
chisel away , little by little at those entrenched bureaucratic agencies, reforming and replacing them.
But for this to happen we have to back strong, wise, and fair leaders.
We have to look beyond the surface
Not be taken in by the typical smiling, lying politician that tells us what we want to hear, because it makes us feel good
A strong leader will anger us sometimes, because we all are like children in some ways, we don't like to be told no, we can't have something or do something.
In short, we need to grow up as a society
only then will we deserve a government of mature, strong leaders, instead of what we have had for the past 100 years

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
First they get their panties in a wad because people challenged it; then they move to scrap it.

We all knew this was coming. However, they can't do it without an Amendment. It's in the COTUS.

I'm sure a lot of the lefties would be in favor
of calling a constitutional convention

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Of course, if they really can steal elections with impunity now ... well, it will be pretty easy to get all the states they need under the "right" control in fairly short order won't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join