It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

READ: House Dems Introduce Bill To ‘Abolish Electoral College’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Slightly off-topic?

Has it occurred to anyone that this political kabuki that has occurred between Big Tech heads and Congress might be the face of something altogether different?

Remember the stink way back about Apple and alphabet agencies having back door acces to iOS platforms?

And apple played the fool for the public’s sake and consumption, full well in on it?

Maybe Congress and Big Tech have just been a bit more than busy bees these days. Ya know, orchestrating infiltration and having forehand knowledge of the script for let’s say a....

A different kinda OS.

Also: why am I thinking of Prince Humperdink again...?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Because America will be destroyed by democrats, their next step will be to abolish presidential elections.

When will moderate Democrats grow some backbone to denounce the Fascist ways of the Left? When will ANY Republican in leadership materialize (show themselves to be physical beings)?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

No, just the amendment process. Like what should have been done with Obamacare...but rules, well no animal may sleep in a bed, with sheets. See, it has always been that way.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
When will moderate Democrats grow some backbone to denounce the Fascist ways of the Left?

The Squad defeated them. They live in fear now.

When will ANY Republican in leadership materialize (show themselves to be physical beings)?

As fictional as the tooth fairy.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

and...a 2/3rds majority to boot if i'm not mistaken.

never happen.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Would this not require a constitutional convention and agreement by some majority of 50 states? If so I'd say this has 0% chance of coming to pass.

It should require the full Amendment process.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

All John Roberts has to do is figure out how it's really a tax or something to make it legal.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Not just dems. Trump wanted it abolish it as well. lol.

I bet you supported it when Trump said it. But now that the Dems are calling for it. You're against it.

President Trump Reaffirms His Long-Standing Opposition to Electoral College, and Favors A Nationwide Vote for President

On Sixty Minutes on November 13, 2016, President-Elect Trump said:

"I would rather see it, where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes, and somebody else gets 90 million votes, and you win. There’s a reason for doing this. Because it brings all the states into play."

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If it is a tax, then that has to come from the House. What passed was the Senate version, written by a committee that had in their charter to not deal with employer provided insurance policies...

So even the tax cop out was BS. Been me instead of Trump I’d replaced a few impeached judges before having McCain turn turd at the last second.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe Brian Kemp just announced that he now wants to require photo ID for mail in ballots.

I don't see a problem with that. Photo ID should be mandatory for voting no matter how you do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
When will moderate Democrats grow some backbone to denounce the Fascist ways of the Left?

loam:The Squad defeated them. They live in fear now.

vethumanbeing: When will ANY Republican in leadership materialize (show themselves to be physical beings)?

loam: As fictional as the tooth fairy.

To paraphrase: Andrea Channing asked The Queen Mother Pelosi on last Sundays broadcast of "60 minutes"; "Why won't you bring your younger members up (a mentoring question) for future leadership roles, as all of you in leadership now are in your 80's" (past your prime). Pelosi adamantly insisted/ bleated "We have!! and do!!". What she failed to say is, *We have them (the squad) doing our heavy lifting/dirty work*.
edit on 12-1-2021 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
all this is is ammunition for the 2022 state legislature elections
At present Dems only hold a majority in both houses in 19 states
there are 2 closely split states
38 are needed to ratify an amendment, no matter what Congress does
This is meant as nothing more than a talking point for:
Getting out the vote at a statewide level in 2022
Getting out the vote for the 2022 midterms
Use as a talking point as to why Washington DC and Puerto Rico need to be brought into the Union
They know it has no chance of passing as things stand today, but it can be used as incentive
and if it works, then sooner or later they will have the numbers to pas any amendment they want to

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Welcome to the USSA.

The Constitution means nothing to these people, and many of us said so.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
So you support something Trump wanted.

Aren't you a hypocritical ball of joy.

Didn't agree with it then, dont agree with it now.

Noticed you didn't add your stance, so I'm sure it's actually something you blew out of context.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Welcome to the USSA.

The Constitution means nothing to these people, and many of us said so.

See, this is where I have to disagree with you
Amending the Constitution is part of the Constitution
We may not like the amendment
But it is certainly part of the Constitutional process
nothing commie about it

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Child-minds controlled by China are taking over the country.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's in the COTUS.

...who were just complicit in allowing nationwide election fraud to specifically benefit one party. The COTUS is not our friend.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The next president of the United States is sitting in his basement listening to records, instead of assuming a leadership role.

Amazing for him to say in the last debate that he is the head of the Democratic Party.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

As a Trump supporter and a resident of a state that is not California, Texas, or Florida I didn’t agree with it then and damn sure don’t agree with it now. It was put into place by men that were obviously much wiser than we are now. Californians shouldn’t be able to pick the president to infinity and beyond.

ETA - If elections are run the way they are supposed to be ran (free and fair) the electoral college does its job.

edit on 1/12/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join