It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C. wants to change national anthem to black national anthem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Democrat james clyburn has plans on changing our national anthem guess it's another push for unity they want to force on us. There is no way that I'd ever stand for anything other then the Star Spangled Banner that IS the national anthem.
www.yahoo.com...

Clyburn, the House majority whip, plans to introduce a measure as early as this week that would make “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” known as the Black national anthem, the national hymn and give it a special place alongside the country’s anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner." “To make it a national hymn, I think, would be an act of bringing the country together. It would say to people, ‘You aren’t singing a separate national anthem, you are singing the country’s national hymn,” said Clyburn, the highest-ranking Black American in Congress. “The gesture itself would be an act of healing. Everybody can identify with that song.” The song is an important part of African American culture and history. For decades, it has been sung in Black communities at school plays, awards programs, graduations and church services. Clyburn said it's time for it to also be sung in other communities.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think these crazy democrats just want to showboat and tell everyone that they are super far left. Ok to be that just not far right

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Change the National anthem?

That’s not what I read in the paragraph you posted. It suggests making it the National hymn, which is different isn’t it?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

First of all he says give it a place beside the current national anthem.
Of course that's the first step to replacement.

Secondly....no.
edit on 12-1-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Change the National anthem?

That’s not what I read in the paragraph you posted. It suggests making it the National hymn, which is different isn’t it?

I'd still consider it racist no matter how it's put.

The song is an important part of African American culture and history. For decades, it has been sung in Black communities at school plays, awards programs, graduations and church services. Clyburn said

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Never heard of that "hymn". I was expecting Gin and Juice or Slap My Motha F%$#!!ing Momma Up dedicated to my motha f%$#!!!ing lord and saviour.

Anyway, whatever distracts and furthers the divide, right? a reply to: Chance321

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So instead of 1 national anthem, "national being the key word here, representing everyone these people that like to call people racist want to be racist in their endeavor here.

link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
What is the current national hymn? Just curious.

link   
Clearly the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE for congress to take up.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's another story to chew on I figure it won't be long before they slowly phase out The Star Spangled Banner for this:
www.amren.com...

Democrat electors in Michigan had the ‘Black National Anthem’ performed ahead of casting their votes for Joe Biden, as state police prevented Republican ‘alternate’ electors from entering the capitol. Electoral Colleges across the US met on Monday to formally vote for president, following the November 3 election. Biden was declared winner in Michigan, over objections of President Donald Trump and the GOP, alleging voter fraud and other irregularities. The Democrat electors that convened were told to remain standing for the US national anthem – as well as the “Black National Anthem,” Breitbart News reported, showing a segment from the official video feed of the performance.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
U.S. Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C. wants to change national anthem to black national anthem

Do Asians and other brown people get their own?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yup. 2021 is just starting and I want off already. Looks like it's going to be a long four years.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Yup. 2021 is just starting and I want off already. Looks like it's going to be a long four years.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the wuflu will get me so I won't have to watch the world going to hell.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Do Asians and other brown people get their own?

Shhhhhhh! Give them time. Given the harris/biden ticket I'd imagine the china national anthem will be playing soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

They have been emboldened.
Ridiculousness will be in full supply.
BAMN seems to have won the day.

Hope they like it coming back the other way.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Clearly the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE for congress to take up.

Obviously after impeaching Trump with 8 days left in his term. Priorities and all.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In all likely hood.

They'll wait until the next congress is sworn in and do it.

Even though he's no longer around, and no one will fight it.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
How about “America the Beautiful” as the national anthem? It is a better overall song anyway without the racial overtones of the other two.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: network dude

In all likely hood.

They'll wait until the next congress is sworn in and do it.

Even though he's no longer around, and no one will fight it.

and the tiny little minds that came up with that idea, will likely still be around the next time it's used. Now that it has become "another arrow in the quiver".

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They should change the national motto as well.

“Consume, Conform, Obey” seems an appropriate substitute.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join