It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Derp State is Real

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: loam
That is what you took from it.

The article clearly states that if they don't agree that they should distance themselves from that movement.

If they already had nothing to do with it, they don't even need to and if they don't support what happened, why wouldn't they?

What you listed is just whataboutism and therefore not the topic of the thread.

What? Like the left did with BLM?

So bad actors there are the exceptions and do not discredit their movement, but bad actors here require repudiation of that movement?

By “you,” I don’t mean you personally (unless you were there), but your movement as a whole....

Who are you kidding? Like I said.... PROPAGANDA.

edit on 12-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
a reply to: Astyanax

The term "deep state" has a negative connotation. If the real deep state is the federally authorized agencies, then it's about time they woke up to the fact that the country is riddled with anarchists, conspiracy crackpots who endorse violence and a multitude of lesser known organizations. Maybe it's about time we name them "deep anarchists". You need only look at Portland to see their destructive behavior. ANTIFA, BLM, et al, have infected the country. And they're not going away unless the real "deep state" gets off their duffs and takes them down. It's them or us. And it may be civil war.

Civil war? With Antifa? LMAO The article is stupid and the writer thinks we're stupid.

BLM and Antifa is a collection of the worthless unemployed useful idiots on two
different fronts. Easily manipulated easily coerced and given safe passage by
police who were obviously powered down by some nefarious greater power.
Damn right the deep state exists. Further up the ladder than the article is
willing to admit. All summer long we see the police being told to stand down
and the morons of the nation run a muck. And we saw the same crap from
the capital police. No difference what so ever. Same exact MO and you're
simply blase" about it.

"Oh nooooo! It couldn't possibly be George Soros and the like. Having certain
names out there of course can not be allowed to go unwashed. Articles of
denial can be found all over the web. The timing of this is a clock work orange.
But you only need to understand that absolute power rests in the lap of those
you can not criticize.

But I'm not about to tell you, you can't believe what they want
you to believe. I know that's a place of security for people like
yourself. But you peddled it down my street in my hood? You
best get back to your own turf heffe? Know what I'm say'n?

" we don't take kindly to brain worsh'n around here".

Stop the scrub! Quit pushing their crap.

edit on 12-1-2021 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I think you need a few lessons in reading comprehension.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
a reply to: carsforkids

I think you need a few lessons in reading comprehension.

Not normally
Why did I miss something?

The Deep State is real, but it’s not what you think.

Not sure what you mean.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Who is the left? What did or didn't they do with BLM?

Seems to me the author of that article is leaving it up to the individual if they want to be associated with qanon now that this group has brought this negative attention.

You keep calling it propaganda, in caps and bold to boot, but it is just an op piece about how this action is going to be treated differently than the riots last summer. I think they might be right.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Astyanax

If you deny the idea of the deep state, it's very likely you aren't paying attention. For years it was much more of a fringe idea, than anything else. Watching the beginning of the Trump presidency and the steps that were taken to remove him unsuccessfully exposed at the very least the fact that players exist who work behind the scenes to control.

And the good news is, you don't have to be a Trump loyalist to see it. You can hate him either in private/secret, or openly, and still be smart enough to see what happened, and how it happened.

Which other president in US history was spied on, wiretapped, investigated, and impeached? Most of which happened, before he even had a chance to do stupid things. (other than run for office)

Well, I’m sure Trump wasn’t the first one who was spied on, wiretapped and investigated, he was just the first one that triggered people into admitting they did it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the norm in DC and all the information gained from it is used for blackmail or back door deals, but this time they didn’t feel like offering a deal to Trump.

Back in the day, The Grateful Dead had a spot set up at the front of house soundboard where the bootleggers could plug in their recording equipment and get a great quality recording of the gig they were at. There’s probably a room in the White House that’s just like this; you walk in, plug in your phone and record whatever is coming over the microphone, just make sure ya sign up on the list a few days ahead to ensure your spot in line.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Who is the left? What did or didn't they do with BLM?

Seems to me the author of that article is leaving it up to the individual if they want to be associated with qanon now that this group has brought this negative attention.

You keep calling it propaganda, in caps and bold to boot, but it is just an op piece about how this action is going to be treated differently than the riots last summer. I think they might be right.

Actually, the article addresses: "An open letter to QAnon, “stop the steal,” and other communities involved in the Capitol attack."

You could literally change those to "BLM, Antifa, and other communities involved in the ______ attacks," and produce substantially the same article.

Again, why do the members of those conservative communities, who are by far peaceful, have to now distance themselves from their movement, while the same is not asked of, for example, of BLM supporters and their movement?

Nearly all political movements have their crazies, but once again there are two standards. If it's a conservative movement, you're responsible for the actions of all of your crazies. But if it's a liberal movement, their crazies are excused and painted as unrepresentative actors of the movement.

How can you not see that?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Two standards set by who?

I've never seen anyone say every conservative is responsible for the actions of their crazies.

In this particular scenario there is a double standard because there are specific laws about unauthorized entry into government buildings and about harming people inside them, aside from the law about harming an elected official.

If conservatives don't want to distance themselves then that is fine but this event isn't going to be handled the same as the BLM riots. Unfair, unjust? That doesn't change the fact that it will be treated differently.

If people don't want to distance themselves from their movements then that is on them. The author was just giving them a heads-up based on his opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Last post with you. I don't do exercises in futility well and it doesn't appear I'm dealing with an honest broker in the discussion.

The article discredits entire groups for the actions of a few.

You say the double standard exists because "there are specific laws about unauthorized entry into government buildings and about harming people inside them, aside from the law about harming an elected official."

BLM and Antifa sieged federal courthouses and also physically attacked and harmed federal officers and elected officials. There are laws against that too.

So in substantially similar examples, one group pays for the actions of a few, while another group gets the pass. The only difference? One is right, the other left.

No need to reply. We're just talking past one another at this point.

edit on 12-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The article points out that those associated with those groups involved in this act will be more heavily scrutinized because of the actions of the few based on arbitrary decisions by those in power. He might be right, even if it isn't fair.

That is not the same as saying it is just propaganda designed to shut people up.

ETA: I admit that I tried to justify why those decisions would be taken while they were not during the BLM riots and do see that there is a double standard there. Still doesn't change the point I have been trying to make.
edit on 12-1-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
ALL "Q" SPECIFIC TOPICS BELONG IN THE EXISTING "Q" THREAD.

Please keep them in the correct thread and continue this discussion there.

Thread Closed

edit on 1/13/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join