It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Derp State is Real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This will probably annoy some of the locals here, but I think it's still worth reading and discussing. An insider explains what the deep state really is, and why the attack on the Capitol changed the game.

Qanon Woke Up the Deep State

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

If you deny the idea of the deep state, it's very likely you aren't paying attention. For years it was much more of a fringe idea, than anything else. Watching the beginning of the Trump presidency and the steps that were taken to remove him unsuccessfully exposed at the very least the fact that players exist who work behind the scenes to control.

And the good news is, you don't have to be a Trump loyalist to see it. You can hate him either in private/secret, or openly, and still be smart enough to see what happened, and how it happened.

Which other president in US history was spied on, wiretapped, investigated, and impeached? Most of which happened, before he even had a chance to do stupid things. (other than run for office)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Of course the game changed. An attack at the very heart of U.S democracy would do that.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The term "deep state" has a negative connotation. If the real deep state is the federally authorized agencies, then it's about time they woke up to the fact that the country is riddled with anarchists, conspiracy crackpots who endorse violence and a multitude of lesser known organizations. Maybe it's about time we name them "deep anarchists". You need only look at Portland to see their destructive behavior. ANTIFA, BLM, et al, have infected the country. And they're not going away unless the real "deep state" gets off their duffs and takes them down. It's them or us. And it may be civil war.

edit on 12-1-2021 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It's all about clearance levels and I imagine good 'ol USA has some pretty shady operations going on..

I like the fantasy roleplayers version better though with some secret counsil gathering in their Arctic/moon base thinking up ways to enslave us normal people.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Complete dribble.

Four years of attempting to remove a sitting President on specious grounds, an escalating effort to discredit conservatives, and a profoundly troubling election, but only now the deep state woke up?

BS

The real aim of the article is to tell people that none of their concerns or grievances are legitimate...to shut them up.

If that isn’t what you signed up for, now would be a good time to get out.

Just more leftist propaganda.

99.9% of conservatives are peaceful Americans who have not and would not condone what happened in the Capitol. But that wont stop the left from painting them as supporters of sedition.

Next.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I 100% agree with this article.

My position on the election was and has always been that the election irregularities be taken care of in the courts to the satisfaction of the law.

When even Trump appointed judges were rejecting Trump's lawyer's cases for lack of evidence I had to take a pause and analyze the situation. There are still unanswered questions and they likely won't be answered because no one can legitimize what QAnon and Stop The Steal have delegitimized with their violent actions at the Capitol.

I've always assumed the deep state to be "those who stay after the elections." Seems my interpretation isn't that different. His characterization of the events about to unfold on these QAnon people is also spot on. As someone whose business it was to hurt bad guys who hurt America, I know what the national security apparatus will do and bring to bear on these people.

I still believe the merger of corporate and state power as we are seeing it rolled out now is nothing short of hardline fascism and should not be viewed as the answer to domestic terrorism. I am for law enforcement tracking down and prosecuting those responsible for the terrorist attack against the Capitol.

I am not for the uniparty's attempt at consolidating power on congress by attempting to expel those who objected to the certification, as it is their right to do so. I'm not for the blanket censorship of conservatives and Trump supporters. That is a sure way to ensure more radicalism. We clearly haven't learned a damned thing from our presence in the Middle East.

The writers of the Counterinsurgency manual never imagined it would be ignored by so many for so long. Time to start reading up people. If you want this to stop, start listening to your opposition.

This bird has two broken wings and it won't fly this way.
edit on 1 12 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Just more leftist propaganda.

I don't think it helps to outright dismiss this article as such.

While there is a coloring of personal opinion in this article, it isn't wrong.

They beat that cop to death and beat another unconscious. I saw the videos, read the posts with the threats and have seen the planning. These people are not living in reality and as such, they are acting outside the confines of it and hurting people in the process.

They are also setting back the populist movement decades and have politically, amongst much of the population, soured the sentiment to our cause.

They are my political enemy as well because they have sabotaged and made a mockery of everything I have endeavored to build and the effort I put in to convince others.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
The real aim of the article is to tell people that none of their concerns or grievances are legitimate...to shut them up.

What I'm seeing is the author telling the Qanons that they effed up in their fight against the "deep state".

He then goes on to describe what he consideres the deep state to be, rather naively, but that is neither here nor there.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This bird has two broken wings and it won't fly this way.

This might the greatest allegory I have ever read for the state of politics in the US. Well said and QFE.

The country needs better then Trump and Biden. I wont even say the country deserves anymore based on behaviors from both sides over the past weeks. Being Right or Left doesnt , by default, make you anything . The two party system in it's current shape delivering the current list of candidates doesn't get us any closer to being a top nation again.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I remember right before 911 some politicians?? wanted to do a fully vetted audit and accounting of the black/dark budget, then all relevant documents got destroyed in the plane attack on the pentagon. Bringing the “black budget “ in to the light of day would be a good place to start proving if a deep state does exist or not.
Some of these obscure alphabet agencies are really shady, I think they have knowledge of all the things that are unknown to the people, Kennedy assassination, Seth rich, etc....

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Spot on again, not much that I can add. These people stirred up the apparatus and it will flail around angrily, smashing them and possibly some innocents along the way.

edit on 12-1-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"Which other president in US history was spied on, wiretapped, investigated, and impeached? Most of which happened, before he even had a chance to do stupid things. (other than run for office)"

All of them most likely, I mean lets be serious for a second isn't that what "extreme" vetting is/

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

This guy is worse than a Q-tard, he speaks as though he knows things for certain.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They beat that cop to death and beat another unconscious. I saw the videos, read the posts with the threats and have seen the planning. These people are not living in reality and as such, they are acting outside the confines of it and hurting people in the process.

Unacceptable. No doubt.

But the 'deep state' didn't just wake up. Their action (or inaction) didn't just begin now.

Trumps term began with a nutcase leftist shooting and injuring several at a Congressional baseball practice attended by 24 Republican congressmen.

To this day, I remain convinced a nutcase leftist killed 40 people and injured 411 at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival. That target wasn't just random.

A few months later 13 people were killed by a gunman at a country-western bar. The gunman posted days before: "I hope people call me insane… [laughing emojis]… wouldn’t that just be a big ball of irony?” the post reads, according to CNN. “Yeah.. I’m insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is ‘hopes and prayers’.. or ‘keep you in my thoughts’… every time… and wonder why these keep happening…”

For the next four years countless politicians, educators, media personalities and activists openly called for violence against Trump and his supporters. And violence did come for many such supporters...even death.

Cops were shot in the head by leftists.

City centers were burned by leftists.

There has been nothing but open and continued violence from the left.

Leftists stormed the Senate building.

But a few nutcases enter the Capital building, and the conservative populist movement is now the only real problem?

Give me a freaking break.

I could go on and on.

edit on 12-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I could go on and on.

But that isn't the topic of the thread, is it?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It's exactly the topic of the thread.

The OP article is designed to tell conservatives to shut up and sit down. It invokes the 'fear' of the deep state to call to heal the 99.9% of conservatives who had nothing to do with, nor would support, what happened that day at the Capitol.

This is propaganda.

None of what I listed above in my previous post had similar contrived consequences for the left.

edit on 12-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I have to disagree with some of your post
While there were a few cases dismissed because of lack of evidence, most of them were dismissed because of things like procedural errors and lack of standing
Even the case that kicked it all off, The PA. GOP's challenge to change in voter laws pertaining mail in voting, wasn't dismissed because of evidence, it was because the PA Supreme Court said that it wasn't filed in a timely enough manner as to not affect the Election.

We hear a lot of talk about the " Big Lie" lately
But the biggest lie is that lack of evidence doomed all the challenges

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That is what you took from it.

The article clearly states that if they don't agree that they should distance themselves from that movement.

If they already had nothing to do with it, they don't even need to and if they don't support what happened, why wouldn't they?

What you listed is just whataboutism and therefore not the topic of the thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizona2

As I said in my post, there are still unanswered questions. The lack of standing isn't a mere procedural dismissal. You have to be a directly agrieved party to have standing in most cases.

I will agree that the standing ruling from SCOTUS with regard to the Texas suit is dubious at best. Original jurisdiction lies with the SCOTUS in lawsuits between states and the case, in my view, should have been taken up and heard. It wasn't. It is the prerogative of the Supreme Court to take or deny any case.

The lack of compelling evidence in court doomed most of those cases.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join