It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Ocean

page: 1

join
share:
tr

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sounds like a great name for a music title or a movie, right? On NPR radio yesterday I heard that there is more tiny bits of plastic in the ocean than there are plankton now.
At least 10 years ago I read that a scientist who had been studying zooplankton in the ocean was alarmed to find that this base of our food chain was dying off incredibly fast. I don't hear much about it , as important as it is. Now We have plastic occupying space that was meant for life giving plankton. I don't know what's next in the chain. What is just a little bigger than plankton? what hunts and eats the stuff? It will be a little harder for whatever it is now. "Honey, I brought home the plankton. It's on the kitchen table!" Later- "Mr. I don't what you've been drinking but all I see on the table is a bunch of plastic!!" Another plankton Hunting family ends in divorce....

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by tr]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Huh....weird!

Where do you guys find these things????

Good one though!

Gryff

tr

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oh, now I remember what eats plankton. Whales. Maybe we should start harvesting whale turds off the ocean floors. A good source of plastic. Oh I forgot, all the whales could die from consti-plastic-pation.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

God...another wacky member to our family!!!!!

top topics

join