It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump Should be Impeached

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Lies have no place in politics ?" Politics and political science is literally the art of lying. All politicians lie. There was no coup attempt, people wandered into the capitol. The didnt attack federal officers, didnt burn or attack federal buildings, didn't tear down statues, didn't attack and burn buildings with innocent people inside. If you think that impeaching Trump will go by peacefully, you are oh so wrong. I thought this was the time for "healing and uniting." What happened to that ? Let him run out his term and gloat in your victory.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

"Fight like hell" does not actually mean fight, right?

"Trial by combat" could not possibly mean combat, right?

I forget the words of some of the other speakers at the rally, but they no doubt were calling for violence. I will eventually find a clip and post them.

Why cherry pick something Trump said in the middle of his speech that was largely forgotten when his speech ended with "Fight like hell" and having others say thing things like "Let's have trial by combat" among other violence provoking jingles?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: chiroy

a reply to: FauxMulder

The thing is, at least if they remove him it makes it very clear that Trump and his lies have no place in US politics.

Trump and his lies. Ha. So Biden's/Obama's/Bush's/Clinton's/Bush's (not to mention MSM) lies are ok. Those are good lies. But those Trump lies, those are BAD lies.

Where did I say they were good lies.

Right now am talking about Trumps lies but please don't mistake me for being partisan, I universally distrust all politicians and my default is to believe they're lying until proven otherwise. Obama/Bush/Clinton/Biden/Trump....all liars only difference between me and you is that you chose to believe one of them for some reason.

So the calls for their impeachment?
I must have missed them.
Tho their crimes are no less important, right?

Pffft
Simply foreign bs.
Steele is that you?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

So you want Trump to be removed because he is a liar... haha, no place in US politics for liars. You must be joking right?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
So drop the rudy bs, unless all you have is muddy water, then it makes sense.

As to fight, is a peaceful protest not a fight?

Nice try tho....

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So you want Trump to be removed because he is a liar... haha, no place in US politics for liars. You must be joking right?

I take it then you don't think that Clinton should have been impeached?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: chiroy

That's a great idea. Let's get a US politician in there for president who is not a liar. I'm all for it, count me in!

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31
He is foreign.
He is scared of our actual unity.
As he should be.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I take it then you don't think that Clinton should have been impeached?

Clinton lied under oath.
Perjury.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Am sorry am I disturbing your safe-space there snowflake?

Because all you have done so far on this thread is point out am a foreigner and repeat that Trump used the word "peacefully"

Feels like you might be getting your cute little cotton undies in a twist

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Did anyone really read all that??

We all know what it said without reading.

REEEEEEEEEEEE w/ a Brit accent....

This is a massive part of the problem though.

Trump supporters are just so unwilling to actually listen to any opposing views so you actually believe the utter BS that he feeds you and sadly, for some it results in the events that we saw at the Capitol Building.

Like you're not actually saying anything what so ever that refutes my argument...

I'm so sick of being lumped in with fringe people who commit violence to get their way. I supported Trump from his initial campaign until he went off the deep end after the election. I wasn't against the lawsuits, but the way he mismanaged it and his constant whining on Twitter really frustrated me. I also recognize the constant barrage of hate toward him for the past five years by the Democrats which was expected but the level of hate surprised me. The fabricated Russian "evidence" should have landed a dozen or so people in prison but it didn't, that's also frustrating. It should have caused several prominent Democrats to lose their House and Senate seats but it didn't. That's unbelievable. The behavior by Trump was mirrored by Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, Tliab, Omar and others while they ridiculed him for doing what he did. The hateful tweets from some of them are still on Twitter, calling for opposition to not just him but the rule of law several times over the past few years ahead of and during demonstrations that turned violent.

After all of my angry posts here in opposition to those on the Left I still haven't threatened anyone, I haven't damaged any businesses, haven't graffitied anyone's garage door, haven't flown the anarchists flag, haven't blocked any of my friends on Facebook for their opposing views even after they ridiculed my opinion and would sit down with anyone here for a drink and a meal regardless of our disagreements. I can't say that for some of you as you have clearly mentioned how much disdain you have for anyone that isn't a supporter of the Democrat party.

Some of you have taught me to look deeper at information than I did a couple of years ago. Some of you have proven to me that you just don't care about facts, you only care about whatever supports your view and you won't consider anything but that. So we go on about our daily lives, most of us anyway, just trying to get from point A to point B without too much difficulty.

I have read the tweets and have been watching what Trump has been saying about the election for weeks, just like most everyone else, and if he is going to be vilified for encouraging a march in protest then free speech is dead. When others aren't held to the same standard of speech and legal responsibility it's no wonder people get riled up. It's because we care about our nation, about what should be an honest government and right now it's more corrupt than I've ever seen it. Impeaching a president for false information the first time, then because he encouraged people to peacefully protest and show congress the People must be heard, that's just a sham and it's sickening. Don't bother refuting the part about "peacefully", no one has shown anything that says he did otherwise. Just accusations. Democrats in congress are and have been abusing their power for a long time and not enough people seem to care. That's what is scary. That a lot of people are encouraging this type of action in our government is scarier. Our founders have to be spinning in their graves.

I don't expect anyone to care about this, I just stated it to get it off my mind. What we're seeing in our society today is in my opinion unprecedented. It's as important as some of the other events in our country that we've fought over but got through. I just hope we get through this too because I don't want to live anywhere else, I just want our country back to some semblance of normal.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Am sorry am I disturbing your safe-space there snowflake?

Because all you have done so far on this thread is point out am a foreigner and repeat that Trump used the word "peacefully"

Feels like you might be getting your cute little cotton undies in a twist

That didn't take long.
The foreign commentator stoops to nothing but mud.
What safe space? Were it an actual safe space your poorly executed, trashy additions wouldn't be here.

Trump called for a peaceful march to the capitol.
Not my fault you disingenuously attempted to leave that fact out.
You exposing yourself was a great gift today.
Thank you for that.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I do think it would be worth it for the effect of stopping him running for public office again.

I'm not convinced that this would work, logically, though the Supreme Court could choose to construe the law that way.
The constitution, I believe, describes impeachment as the act of removing someone from the office he currently holds, and does not specifically mention that he is debarred from future office.

Trump will be impeached by the end of the week, I predict. He won't be tried in the Senate for a few months, but when and if they convict Trump, he will loose his pension and be barred from serving the US government in any way...no board or committee appointments and not even as the Mayor of Mar A Lago.

Also, you can bet your bippy that the DOJ and state DAs will go after Trump and his family for all kinds of financial crimes as soon as he's out of office.

If Trump doesn't resign and if Pence doesn't invoke the 25th A, Congress has no choice. They can't just let this go because it was done so late in his term. That's kinda like a convicted criminal committing a murder the day before he's supposed to start his jail term, so the prosecutors decide to let the murder go, 'cuz he's going to jail any way.

America is traumatized by this, the whole world is watching and judging how America handles this crisis. People need to see and sense justice is being sought. A kind of closure.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

This is much bigger than Trump... and impeachment won't change anything, it can only make matters worse.

There is only one pertinent question here: Have We The People been denied and refused the full disclosure and transparency to trust that we conducted and participated in a fair and honest election?

And the answer is a resounding YES. We have been systematically denied and refused full disclosure and transparency of our election process, and therefore we have no reason to trust the election results. Nor anyone forcing these election results upon us.

Period.

Impeaching Trump will only fuel the fire. Impeaching Trump serves no practical purpose. It's an act of desperation. Something's coming that's scaring the bejeezus out of them and I can't wait to find out what that is...

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

interesting post thanks for that even if you're taking a pop at me.

I would say though look at the post I am replying to there, I think its only fair to call out someone who is so closed minded they won't even bother to read the OP.

I would also really emphasise that I am not a democrat, I do not support either party, I am apolitical. I am critical of all politicians, it just so happens that the last four years has pretty much been dominated by a political who draws lots of criticism so it might seem like am partisan but am not, I will happily bash Biden just as much as I have bashed Trump if he deserves it.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You know you're also a foreigner right.

ATS is a universal site.

Get used it buddy.

love form you're favourite foreigner.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The whole world is watching! Macron, Netanyahu, Merkel, and many, many others have made public statements, expressing their opinions, their FOREIGN opinions, of what they saw. If they can go on international TV and comment on American politics, I think you're okay making an ATS thread expressing your own opinion too.

link   
This guy was calling Reps and Senators, while they were under attack, and trying to get them to stall the certification. Not, "I'm gonna send help", not "I'm gonna make a statement", nothing. He literally didn't care about anybody's safety, the protection of the Capitol, nothing. He only cared about not losing the election. Couldn't even be bothered to check on the wellbeing of his VP and his family.

Every bit of his behavior on that day was reprehensible and indefensible. It really was traitorous behavior.
edit on 12-1-2021 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I do think it would be worth it for the effect of stopping him running for public office again.

I'm not convinced that this would work, logically, though the Supreme Court could choose to construe the law that way.
The constitution, I believe, describes impeachment as the act of removing someone from the office he currently holds, and does not specifically mention that he is debarred from future office.

Trump will be impeached by the end of the week, I predict. He won't be tried in the Senate for a few months, but when and if they convict Trump, he will loose his pension and be barred from serving the US government in any way...no board or committee appointments and not even as the Mayor of Mar A Lago.

Also, you can bet your bippy that the DOJ and state DAs will go after Trump and his family for all kinds of financial crimes as soon as he's out of office.

If Trump doesn't resign and if Pence doesn't invoke the 25th A, Congress has no choice. They can't just let this go because it was done so late in his term. That's kinda like a convicted criminal committing a murder the day before he's supposed to start his jail term, so the prosecutors decide to let the murder go, 'cuz he's going to jail any way.

America is traumatized by this, the whole world is watching and judging how America handles this crisis. People need to see and sense justice is being sought. A kind of closure.

Brilliant post mate, 100% agree with you, and you make some really interesting points.

I think the point you'e making about how you don't excuse someone just because its a bit too late is a excellent point, I agree you can't avoid impeachment because he will be out in a few days anyway.

I also agree with you on the time line and I also think Trump is going to be facing all kinds of legal jeopardy once he leaves office.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You predict? You know it'll happen, there's no prediction needed. However the jury is still out (no pun intended) on whether or not he will lose anything if convicted and removed by the Senate, they still have the power to allow him to keep some or all of those things if they choose because neither US Code nor the Constitution are clear about it. That was discussed yesterday.

In the end it will depend on whether or not congress ignores the fact that there wasn't insurrection, treason or sedition performed by anyone because no one was trying to overthrow the government. There were criminal acts to be sure, those have to be punished. The rest as you said, we'll see what happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join