It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook bans 'stop the steal' content, 69 days after the election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day.
The social media giant said in a blog post that it will ramp up enforcement against the phrase because it was used by those who participated in last week's riots at the US Capitol.

Source

Facebook has decided that for it to be most responsible to society, it should ban the use of “stop the steal” now that it has lead to violence. That seems about on par with how they have acted in the past.

So do you feel that conservative voices are being silenced or that creepy violent ideas are being weeded out?

I for one don’t see any legal issue with this. But is there a moral issue? And if so, why?
edit on 11-1-2021 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think you mean, ahem “moral issues”......

Question I’m asking myself though, is do YOU?

Also: having to comment on FB and morality seems to be gaslighting at this point......

Edit: isn’t this the Big tech conglomerate that once held “Do No Evil” as it credo?

Then went, “ya know what? Hell with it!”

Reminds me of another “news media source” that had “Democracy Dies in Darkness” as theirs....

edit on 11-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka
How about accountability and social responsibility for what you post instead of unelected moderators?

Oh wait...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Will they ban the use of the phrase, "Black Lives Matter" after all the violent riots over the past few years too????

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Finally, somebody with the courage to defend our great republic from the terrorists and speak out against violence.

Thank you for bringing this important news to this forum. I can finally move my blanket and pillow out from under the bed, now that Facebook made things safe.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thankyou Facebook for looking out for me.

Ever since that horrible insurrection where our democracy was put at extreme peril, I have been too scared to even get out of bed. (There could be right wing extremists in my livingroom ready to cut off my ears and wear them as a necklace).

I feel so safe now. That I know Facebook cares so deeply about democracy.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Zuckerberg asked the Chairman of China if his baby’s name was acceptable.

The same Chairman who has decreed that all Muslims and ethnic Minorities in China are to be exterminated.

That tells me all i need to know about him and his company. Haven’t had a facebook account since 2010. Monstrous company.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Ever since that horrible insurrection where our democracy was put at extreme peril, I have been too scared to even get out of bed. (There could be right wing extremists in my livingroom ready to cut off my ears and wear them as a necklace).

Almost 50% of Congress almost died. It was almost almost a terrorist strike at the living heart of our republic.

I'm glad Facebook is doing their part to end the near constant assault on the beautiful face of lady liberty, shining beacon of light to the world. Only through years of censorship and witch hunts can we erase this darkest stain on our history. That's right, the darkest day in our history, in spite of slavery and massacres of native Americans. Our darkest day, when Congress crapped their depends and rioters broke furniture.

Our. Darkest. Day.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Savage. Ruthless. Poignant, and True.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
First... you are right... autocorrect got me... I edited the OP

Second... that platitude about do no evil was Google... nobody else

originally posted by: slatesteam

Also: having to comment on FB and morality seems to be gaslighting at this point......

Edit: isn’t this the Big tech conglomerate that once held “Do No Evil” as it credo?

Reminds me of another “news media source” that had “Democracy Dies in Darkness” as theirs....

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
First... you are right... autocorrect got me... I edited the OP

Second... that platitude about do no evil was Google... nobody else

originally posted by: slatesteam

Corrections abound! Muchas Garcias.

So you’re cool with this, and if so, then why didn’t this happen sooner?

I mean they helped stop the stopping of the steal awhile ago, didn’t they?

Edit: and now that it’s Google, I feel so much better....

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You need a team of programmers to make an equally functional or better Social Media platform then everyone can just leave Facebook.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I for one don’t see any legal issue with this. But is there a more issue? And if so, why?

It's not a legal issue, but a societal one.

A. Why are people so infatuated with social media. These are platforms that weren't even prevalent ten years ago, and now people are hooked up to them with an umbilical cord. I say that without an explicit connection to politics, just a lot of people in general and their relationship with social media.

B. Why do so many people view social media as the exclusive venue for politics? Now, before I sound like a hypocrite, we all know I'm a regular here so I'm not saying I'm above it, hell, maybe I'm one of the people I speak of, and it's my ailment as well. But it does surprise me so many are willing to attach their name to it, and also get caught up with the rhetoric and openly take part for all their family to see. I don't think it's healthy for in real life relationships to say suck broadly sweeping things like all ______ are dumbasses and terrorists. How do we think our 15 year old niece who leans left, or grandpa who leans right takes that?

C. Why in the hell do so many people celebrate this? While I'm perfectly willing to call out certain behavior, that doesn't mean I wish for my opinion to be forced on others. I'd rather attempt to win with debate, even though I know most of the time I'm immature and sarcastic so I'm like someone bad at sports always in the way on the courts. I don't think we need babysitters to nurf the environment and putting Styrofoam on sharp corners so we don't get hurt.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: caterpillage

Almost 50% of Congress almost died. It was almost almost a terrorist strike at the living heart of our republic.

I'm glad Facebook is doing their part to end the near constant assault on the beautiful face of lady liberty, shining beacon of light to the world. Only through years of censorship and witch hunts can we erase this darkest stain on our history. That's right, the darkest day in our history, in spite of slavery and massacres of native Americans. Our darkest day, when Congress crapped their depends and rioters broke furniture.

Our. Darkest. Day.

Thankfully this terrible, bloody insurrection, was skillfully put down with one well placed bullet. By shooting a woman in the face. As she perpetuated the unforgivable crime of trying to climb through a window.

I am forever thankful for the continued saftey of our brave elected officials as they emerged from under their desks to fight this battle head on, by restricting freedoms, acting tyrannically, and getting on thier hollier than thou soap boxes.

God bless the USA.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Personally, I like seeing these platforms ban/remove/suspend Conservatives. It's naïve to rely on big Democrat donors like Twitter/Facebook/Google for important Conservative communications.

Twitter's Jack Dorsey sent almost $300 million to Democrat election officials prior to the November 2020 election. There is no way I (as a mostly conservative) would invest a lot of time building a "following" on that platform!

Conservatives can build a platform that's far more reliable and safe. How hard can it be? After all, this isn't 1980, where tons of hardware are needed.

edit on 1/11/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

My God 🤔

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Personally, I like seeing these platforms ban/remove/suspend Conservatives. It's naïve to rely on big Democrat donors like Twitter/Facebook/Google for important Conservative communications.

Twitter's Jack Dorsey sent almost $300 million to Democrat election officials prior to the November 2020 election. There is no way I (as a mostly conservative) would invest a lot of time building a "following" on that platform!

Conservatives can build a platform that's far more reliable and safe. How hard can it be? After all, this isn't 1980, where tons of hardware are needed.

I hear parler is pretty good.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Savvy response eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Do you keep bringing up these topics to glorify in supression and oppression or because you just hate freedom?

Asking for a bald eagle.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Honestly? WimKin is a very nice platform and more similar in operation to FB than MeWe, Gab or Codias. I hate the name but it really is a nice system. MeWe isn't bad, Gab would be my 3rd choice.

Parler is a Twitter clone(ish). It is not like Facebook at all. Since I'm not a Twitter user and never will be since I watched Jack lie his ass off in the hearings, I just don't care for the one-liner style of Twitter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join