It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Pushes for Federal Review of Schiavo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
And as for this woman, put yourself in her shoes, would you for one moment like to live like that?

One doesn't need to put one's self in her shoes. She told her husband that she doesn't want to live like that. That's really the end of the story.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And...you have a recording of the conversation?

Its hearsay and speculation, thats all. In fact, Mr Schiavo didnt mention his little conversation to ANYONE until 7 years later...thats right...by then he had a girlfriend and 2 kids. Makes one wonder why he waited 7 long years and then suddenly remembered his conversation with Terri. hmm?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
And...you have a recording of the conversation?

Its hearsay and speculation, thats all. In fact, Mr Schiavo didnt mention his little conversation to ANYONE until 7 years later...thats right...by then he had a girlfriend and 2 kids. Makes one wonder why he waited 7 long years and then suddenly remembered his conversation with Terri. hmm?

I have said it once, twice perhaps three times it is all about money nothing more. Why do you refuse to acknowledge what is a known fact.

Larry King interview

I am sure the courts can varify they did in fact order that no photos were allowed, yet we keep seeing the families snipped version of what was orginally a 4 hour video as I understand it.

This case has been adjudicated 19 times, each and everytime they have ruled in favor of the husband. The supreme court ruled in 1993 (I think that is the year but I cannot remember the case name that set the president) Yet the supreme court ruled this is a state issue not federal.

Now we have a very small faction crying foul. Why should the minority rule?

That is not the way our system works, the majority rules and the majority have stated in more then one survey that they do not approve of what is going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Shots, I know its about money.

I'm having a hard time separating the money, the politics and the human issue.

Whatever, it didnt seem important untill 7 years later.
This is nuts.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Does anybody has taken time to see what is going on with this story?

Does anybody has taken in consideration that the interest groups involve in this case are getting out of people like you the reaction they want?

Now the congress is involve.

What will be next, involvement of the congress in every problem that people can not resolve on their own?

Interest groups are playing with this case in Florida and everybody is falling for it.

And while everybody is "sorry for the women" do you really think that they do?

The only reason for them to be so concern about "a human life" is because what they want is regulation on a bigger issue and most Americans in their wiliness to be good and show their good harts are falling for it.

Its a circus and everybody but the interest parties are the puppets, including the family, the poor women and the "evil husband".

Open your eyes and see what really is going on behind the scenes.

Like I said before, this is not about the women, or the husband either the family, this is all about pushing "other" agendas.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Shots, I know its about money.

I'm having a hard time separating the money, the politics and the human issue.

Whatever, it didnt seem important untill 7 years later.
This is nuts.

I wish I had the reference to show you the facts but, unfortunately I can not recall the exact search terms I used. If I could it would answer your questions for sure. I am working on it. As I recall there was a court reference to the claim earlier then what the media has put out, now if I can just find it

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My eyes are open
Marg.

I fully understand what Rant and you are saying. I agree.

STILL, there's a woman out there who may lose her life in an inhumane way.

If i have to chose between the woman living, and Bush getting his political jollies, i say let the woman live and i already know a snake is our leader. A snake is a snake is a snake. Every thing in Washington is calculated to have political benefits.

Yes- Bush and his cronies want ME and YOU to feel this way. Only we KNOW what foot he limps with, dont we?

I still would tell the president to save Terri and go crawl back in your pollitical hole
He's not my hero.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You know Dg, at the end the ones that will lose if any laws are pass in a hurry to satisfy the few, will be the rest of the nation.

Meanwhile the pro-life activist mislead by the religious fundamentalist will be the ones claiming victory and dancing in the streets, thinking that they have done a great deed not even thinking that they were manipulated.

Fundamentalist will be in the background patting each others back because they score one more in the list of issues they one to shove to the rest of the population and terry was just the right case for them to use.

Terry will be forgotten while the repercussion of any laws passed will be for the rest of of to deal with.

We will find out sooner or later as to what extent we have given up one more piece of our liberties in the name of Terry, Pro-live, and religious fundamentalist.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Terry will be forgotten while the repercussion of any laws passed will be for the rest of of to deal with.

We will find out sooner or later as to what extent we have given up one more piece of our liberties in the name of Terry, Pro-live, and religious fundamentalist.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, Marg. I'm a slow lerner

Thanks for opening my eyes again.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

STILL, there's a woman out there who may lose her life in an inhumane way.

Look at it this way. If she had left a living will she would have died the very same way as tragic as it is.

All the government is doing is prolonging what would have happened all along.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Congress Pushes for Federal Review of Schiavo
Saturday, March 19, 2005

WASHINGTON — Congressional leaders hoped a deal reached Saturday would clear the way for a brain-damaged woman to resume being fed while a federal court reviews the right-to-die battle between her parents and her husband.

"We think we have found a solution" to the Terri Schiavo case, House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (search), R-Texas, said at a Capitol Hill (search) news conference.

"We are confident this compromise addresses everyone's concerns, we are confident it will provide Mrs. Schiavo a clear and appropriate avenue for appeal in federal court, and most importantly, we are confident this compromise will restore nutrition and hydration to Mrs. Schiavo as long as that appeal endures," he said.

Final approval was hoped for Sunday when the House planned to meet in a special session, he said. The Senate intended to meet Saturday evening on the matter.

President Bush (search) was expected to sign the bill as soon as it gets to him.

All is not lost

And you threw a pie at me for thanking the prez for signing this bill on my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
WHY?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967

And you threw a pie at me for thanking the prez for signing this bill on my thread:
WHY?

Actually one thing is to save the life of the women, and another one to see how far the "bill" in a haste to be made would affect all of us in a negative way.

If hiddens agendas were to be push with this bill, we are to find out sooner or later.

I will call it the "terri conspiracy" bill.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shotsNow we have a very small faction crying foul. Why should the minority rule?

our country isnt about majority rules, its about equality of all, minorities have a right to being heard, not just the majority.

And mr. schiavo is lying, none of the money went to any care, as soon as he won the money he started denying any help for her even refusing to let her be treated for an infection she had, she was getting better untill he started denying treatment.

Plus noone ever investigated the suspicious circumstances of her accident or her injuries suggesting she was beaten or the fact she threatened to divorce him that day after a big fight, i think he tried to kill her and blamed the hospital in the malpractice suit and used it to cover his tracks and used the money for lawyer fees to push for removing her tube as soon as he could and keep her from recovering and telling what he did to her, enough researching will show you theres enough reason to believe this.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by namehere]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I didn't see this new Terri thread, but to go along with what RANT and Marg are saying, I will repeat it here:

Doesn't it bother anyone that the federal government is interfering with the sanctity of marriage by going over her wishes as relayed by her husband? You remember the religious thing about how a man and woman leave their families and cleave to each other? Last I heard, a married couple was considered a legal unit but eh US government and religious groups seem to have turned a blind eye to that. With this as legal precedent, can the federal government further erode the bond of marriage?
A good example is testifying against a spouse. Could that go away?
I am very concerned about what this could do to the legal entity, marriage.

Doesn't it bother anyone that the federal government is once AGAIN stomping on states' rights? And further eroding states' autonomy?
We slip further and further away from the intent of our Founding Fathers.

Doesn't anyone think there is more to this legal battle that whether Terri Schiavo lives or dies? She is but a pawn in something larger.

ED: This is just the kind of thing SO was writing about the other day, ya know?

[edit on 20-3-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
nameher...I agree. Thanks for posting. There really should be some sort of investigation now that so much has been brought to light.
If he had anything to do with this he should be punished. Not saying he did, just saying IF he did he should pay for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967

WHY?
Sorry, that was before i found out and my eyes were opened that this is a political circus of the insane.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well people rejoice Terri is safe, at least thanks to the "president" but now let see how this new bill in a hurry is going to affect us.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Doesn't it bother anyone that the federal government is interfering with the sanctity of marriage by going over her wishes as relayed by her husband?

Doesn't it bother anyone that the federal government is once AGAIN stomping on states' rights? And further eroding states' autonomy?
We slip further and further away from the intent of our Founding Fathers.

not with the suspicious nature of her accident and the fact hes hiding things and has lied about things, i think its perfectly fine.

but the founding fathers changed the country to a more central governing body, instead of a confederation because without a strong government you cant enforce the constitution and freedoms nationwide, this is why they changed the constitution and threw out the articles of confederation in 1789.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well people rejoice Terri is safe, at least thanks to the "president" but now let see how this new bill in a hurry is going to affect us.

if you have a will, it wont effect you.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thank you dgtempe.
I just think that if any of these people that are saying she can with treatment be helped, well then she should be. And if this husband only remembered after seven years that she wanted to die, and only after he has been living with another woman and even fathered her children, then his memory may not be all that. Something is very wrong with this case. Why on earth did he keep tv away and no natural light?
I pray this woman can be helped and as for the baby that was taken off life support..i'm PO'D I'd personally like to dropkick that judge. That poor mother tried to get her story out to us and the hospital blocked her every cry to us "the people".
That baby had life just like this woman. The rules and laws need to change.
I'm very proud of everyone that has expressed care about these subjects. These are the people that we need more of in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join