It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats introduce an article of impeachment charging Trump with incitement of insurrection

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is going to anger many Trump voters/supporters not that democrats care, mind you.

I guess there is no real call for unity.

It's my way or the highway.

*shrugs*

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

A brigade contains many different unit types and armored vehicles. Don't ask for a link, if you don't know then forget about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

The links I posted were randomly selected. The one about from Army Times was most relevance. Your asking me to post links for common knowledge is patronizing at its best.

edit on 11-1-2021 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good time for the rise of the Libertarian party.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

lolz

You actually think the left will allow that?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He will not be able to ever run for president again under any party. There will be no Trump Library. He will not get pension. He will not have Secret Service. He will not have the million dollars a year in travel expense.It does not have to be complete before inauguration.

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

House Democrats introduced an article of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Monday charging him with incitement of insurrection.

The House will formally vote on impeaching the president later this week unless Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from power.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer brought a resolution to the floor during a pro forma session on Monday calling on Pence to invoke the amendment and tried to get it passed by unanimous consent, but Republicans blocked the measure.

Source

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

It looks like Trump will be the first President to ever be impeached twice. Assuming he doesn't become the first President removed through the 25th Amendment.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out when it reaches the Senate. There's been more than a few Republican lawmakers that have stated they would go along with ousting Trump. Is it enough though to reach the 60 votes needed in Senate?

It will also be interesting to see how McConnell approaches this impeachment compared to the last one. He's none too happy with Trump's antics.

Personally I think it's kind of pointless to do this with 9 days left in Trump's term. What happens if Trump's term ends while proceedings are still going?

edit on 11-1-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2021 by MayRenee because: Add info

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Don't be an ass, you mentioned the 50 cal Hummers and snipers, I asked for a source and neither of your sources mentioned those so I'm calling it BS. If you have a source that states those will be present, please post it. Otherwise your post is not true.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Someone in Washington is quaking in fear as you say, otherwise why all the actions that have occurred since the 6th? There are people that are at the very least acting terrified, because these are not the actions of level headed rational individuals. I hope that cooler heads prevail in all of this, but even 1% of the people that voted for him can cause a serious disruption in this country. If you think the actions of the 6th turned everyone off from this, I don't think you're looking closely enough.

It really is best to let the matter lie and let him play out his last few days in office.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yay!
The wheels on the bus go round round round.

The Republican party better very carefully think over their next few choices.
Trump got ten million votes more than he did last time and it wasn't because he was a Republican.
Those people voted for trump, not his party.

Looks like it's time for a 4th party. I'm a Libertarian and we can't get enough votes to get a volleyball team together.

If Biden gets in office, and the Dems get away with the election steal, then it won't matter how many party's there are. All elections will be stolen from now on. They might let a republican win every once in awhile to keep up appearances. Make no mistake there will be no further free election. They will make sure only the people they want in office will be in office from the lower elections of mayors to the presidency. The whole system from top to bottom will be rigged. I will not vote again, because of this. Why waste my time and energy when the outcome will already be predetermined?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Vengeance. That's all it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, spite, too.

They'd do well to remember what goes around, comes around. They've, the Democrats, set the precedence. At some point, they will reap what they sow.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am amazed that so many on here refuse to admit that Trump was responsible for the insurrection attempt last week on the Capitol.

I said before, I was amazed by the cognitive dissonance on display here, but now it has been taken to the next level.

Pence and the cabinet members are too spineless to invoke the 25th, making impeachment necessary.
edit on 11-1-2021 by jrod because: To

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

these are the reasons I think impeachment is a good idea. he doesn't deserve security detail nor do his kids. plus this will keep him for taunting running again. republicans have a lot of soul searching ahead they don't need his nonsense.

edit on 11-1-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
He will not be able to ever run for president again under any party. There will be no Trump Library. He will not get pension. He will not have Secret Service. He will not have the million dollars a year in travel expense.It does not have to be complete before inauguration.

Where are you getting this information? US Code states if a president is removed from office he loses those things, but if he's not removed during his term he keeps them. In the case of him not holding public office again, the Senate has not done things that way with a confirmation and removal after impeachment as shown in this article:

(2) disqualification, barring the person from ever serving again in the federal government. In 1862, 1913, and 2010, the Senate took separate votes to remove and disqualify judges West Humphreys, Robert Archbald, and Thomas Porteous, respectively. For each judge, a supermajority first voted to convict followed by a simple majority vote to disqualify. The Senate defended this practice on the ground that the clause mentioning disqualification does not specify the requisite vote for its imposition, although Article II, Section 4 mentions removal as following conviction. The Senate in 1862, 1913, and 2010 considered that the supermajority requirement was designed as a safeguard against removal that, once satisfied, did not extend to the separate imposition of disqualification.

Another article I read stated the US Code does not specifically say a removed president shall lose those benefits. It actually it has been done only with a separate vote by the Senate (aside from removal) as stated above.

As much as you hate him, it's really up to the Senate to determine this action.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

lolz

Apparently not as Ron Paul got banned from his Facebook page today

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

good, now ron paul can develop his own platform.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

nah...
Libertarians- the free market can fix everything
Parler: I exist
The free market: not for long
Libertarians: post tons of charts and graphs to explain why this isn't really what they said

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
I am amazed that so many on here refuse to admit that Trump was responsible for the insurrection attempt last week on the Capitol.

I said before, I was amazed by the cognitive dissonance on display here, but now it has been taken to the next level.

Pence and the cabinet members are too spineless to invoke the 25th, making impeachment necessary.

Are you going to keep beating the "insurrection" drum? It absolutely was not an insurrection by definition.

Through the Insurrection Act, Congress gave the president the authority to use the military in the event of civil disorder or an insurrection in which federal laws are unable to be enforced.

If you can post Trump's quote where he told someone to overthrow our government, I'll gladly agree that you're right.

Individual members of society were doing things to disrupt the reading of the Electoral votes, no one made any attempts to overthrow the government. That same standard was true last summer during those riots, even when they attacked federal buildings. Unless you can show where Trump told people to act violently against the government, rather than peaceably protest, you are continuing to spread false information.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

originally posted by: DBCowboy

lolz

Apparently not as Ron Paul got banned from his Facebook page today

Ron Paul??? Good Lord it's really happening!

Ron Paul? Really? Wow.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree. As a near 20-year member of abovetopsecret, I can't believe the folks here don't realize that as conspiracy theorist, that conspiracy theorists are being used to create conspiracy. The real conspiracy is that a worldwide cult now exists. It is made up of conspiracy theorists. Conspiracy theorists that simply refuse to remember that when there is no proof, nothing can be said to be fact. It is crazy. The biggest, and most factual conspiracy of all time, right in their face, and they are reaching and digging into a hole, retrieving nothing. Not seeing they are being used. Reject fact, evidence, and replace it with a need for it to be more complicated than the obvious. The end goal is DESTRUCTION, of our country. Who is the master of the plan? Who wants the USA to fail? It isn't the "dems" or the Republicans. Who wants the USA at its weakest? Who wants division and chaos? People are getting played, hard, and loving it. Just as expected. posted by: jrod

edit on 11-1-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join