It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70TB of Parler users’ messages, videos, and posts leaked by security researchers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I wonder what Julian Assange's expression was like when he read this news.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: peter_kandra

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Let's save this post for when the same thing happens to a liberal site and the lefties get all pissed off.

Falling for left/right is why we are in this mess.

Maybe, but the double standards don't help. If the playing field were more level, I think there would be much less left vs right rhetoric.

I so agree with you. I could talk to liberal/progressive friends. BUT then Trump got into office and I am evil...not to be talked to.

I have one friend who I usually go at it pretty good with, so much that she gets so frustrated and I think she's going to have a heart attack. I haven't mentioned a peep about anything since the election. She's mentioned to my wife a few times that she keeps waiting for me to say something. I'll be nice though and will wait until something happens that directly impacts her wallet, and then bring it up.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's a good thing ATS isn't being monitored.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

HAHAHA!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
If it wasn't for double standards, lefties wouldn't have any. Criminal behavior is bad, unless it's aimed at people we don't like. "Free speech doesn't mean free from consequences, like doxing and battery and stuff"

The left often times dehumanizes anyone they disagree with to make opposing them easier...

You see this often when they refuse to debate. They justify shutting others down by claiming the disagreeing position "doesn't justify a response" or something like "we don't deal with racists". What this does is make it easier to deny that person's rights without feeling guilty. They try to put the opposition beneath them so to speak. This is why so many leftist aren't speaking out about the obvious censorship / blackout that is going on.

Recall a couple of years ago right after Charlottesville clash, there was a leftist meme going around "When is it ok to punch a Nazi?" The point being that if someone is a Nazi, it is ok to assault them. Of course, the left calls anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi so now you see the problem with this type of thinking.

When is it Ok to Punch a Nazi?
edit on 11-1-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Let's save this post for when the same thing happens to a liberal site and the lefties get all pissed off.

Falling for left/right is why we are in this mess.

Maybe, but the double standards don't help. If the playing field were more level, I think there would be much less left vs right rhetoric.

I so agree with you. I could talk to liberal/progressive friends. BUT then Trump got into office and I am evil...not to be talked to.

I have one friend who I usually go at it pretty good with, so much that she gets so frustrated and I think she's going to have a heart attack. I haven't mentioned a peep about anything since the election. She's mentioned to my wife a few times that she keeps waiting for me to say something. I'll be nice though and will wait until something happens that directly impacts her wallet, and then bring it up.

I have a lot of far left friends / neighbors. I am talking rabid pink pootang hat wearing lefties. Wife and I just don't talk politics as most of them cannot have a rational discussion without getting worked up emotionally.

The other reason is that I've seen how leftist treat people in this town when they find out you are conservative. They will brand you a racist and try to hurt your business if you are a business owner.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't know. Who is to blame? I don't expect any form of privacy online and feel I have no control over the data once it goes to the internet. I knew better than to give Parler my real drivers license and identity or IP address. I feel everyone here should have been suspicious of what I thought may be a honeypot from the get go.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Is it just my imagination or are there a lot of people missing here lately? (No, I am not suggesting the Parler hack. I noticed them missing before that happened)
edit on 11 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I never used my full name and did not give them a valid phone number but when I found out they wanted a photo ID and photo from my camera before I could IM friends I deleted my account.

DAYUM!! Maybe that's the stuff they found in Nancy Pelosi's stolen laptop.

No wonder they pulled the plug on Parler everywhere. Anyone smell honey around here?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

There's been a few threads of people saying they're done with ats, there's been a lot of heated comments lately so maybe some bans. There's been a lot of complaints about the focus on politics, complaints about ats being one or another kind of echo chamber. People tend to come and go on here. It's sort of the way it's always been.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I periodically take breaks from here, it's really an exercise in futility. Doesn't really matter that you know what is going on, when you can't do a damn thing about it. It gets frustrating.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You know, that's probably actually true.

No one seems to really care what goes on here.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm mostly a lurker for my 10 or so years here. I'm posting more already this year than I ever did. It's not that there are people are missing here. It's how many that I'm noticing gone at all once.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Waiting on someone to come into the thread with the private company argument totally ignoring that barriers are being put up so that no company can even get off the ground...

What's a company? Where I live the only place allowed to be open is Walmart.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

True, but on the flipside, i've seen a bunch of new users and users that haven't posted for a while over the last bit too.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Boy. That’s awful suspect timing....

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

True, but on the flipside, i've seen a bunch of new users and users that haven't posted for a while over the last bit too.

It's predictable. The changing of the guard. The left-leaning ones that quit during Trump will come back now and more of the right-leaning ones will migrate off in frustration.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This part is just shocking.

In a press release announcing the decision, Twilio revealed which services Parler was using. This information allowed hackers to deduct that it was possible to create users and verified accounts without actual verification.

With this type of access, newly minted users were able to get behind the login box API used for content delivery. That allowed them to see which users had moderator rights and this in turn allowed them to reset passwords of existing users with simple “forgot password” function. Since Twilio no longer authenticated emails, hackers were able to access admin accounts with ease.

I wonder where in their TOS they were permitted to do this to a client?

That's not just terminating services, it's the equivalent of your home alarm company texting the burglars your home address is unprotected.

This is a major escalation.

edit on 11-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Or the equvilent of your home alarm company revealing yourservice level.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's predictable. The changing of the guard. The left-leaning ones that quit during Trump will come back now and more of the right-leaning ones will migrate off in frustration.

I almost stopped reading when the politics heated up. I myself am anxious to read about some aliens, or see some people debunk a fuzzy bigfoot photo. More stuff like the Yellowstone thread. That thread is what made me a regular reader here. And sarcasm, please give me more sarcasm to laugh at. I'm so bored with coronavirus. It's such a letdown after being hyped up as the next big killer virus.

edit on 11 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join