It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Are Drafting Legislation to Criminalize Trump Rallies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So what do we call it when the previous President spies on the campaign of the incoming President.

If I understand the law correctly, that's perfectly legal.

Still smells like a scandal to me though.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

So what do we call it when the previous President spies on the campaign of the incoming President.

Where is the line... the spying, etc was done with the intent unseating a duly elected President.

Where does political chess cross the line into treason / insurrection?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lernmore
Change the name of the Rallies.

(Democrat leaders are stupid)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Where is the line... the spying, etc was done with the intent unseating a duly elected President.

I dunno.

Thing is, Trump wasn't seated yet. 0bozo had the authority to run any type of intel op he wanted.

edit on 1112021 by Snarl because: Doesn't mean I like it.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Welp, if all our rallies are gonna be treated like violent rampages, might as well just rampage right? Gonna get treated like it anyways, then might as well just do it. That couldn't be their plan could it?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

GWpundit is the equivalent of cnn. Now I wouldn't doubt our great WOKE dictatorship would do this but GWP is junk.

They post crap after crap click bait with no sources or proof of what they are claiming.
This is another example of that.

I agree with you to a point.
Jim Hoft does this quite often ( no source clickbait ) , but Cassandra Fairbanks is pretty good about naming sources in her articles.
You can read more about her at Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...
notice how her name isn't included in any of the controversy?
But , aside from her, they don't have a very good track record

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I dunno.

Thing is, Trump wasn't seated yet. 0bozo had the authority to run any type of intel op he wanted.

You can't legally spy on people... he used the FBI and lied about the reason to obain the warrant. HIGHLY ILLEGAL.

Imagine if a police officer said you sold drugs. They get a fake confidential informant to say you sold drugs. Not only that, THEY KNOW IT IS FAKE. They take the fake CI information to a judge to get a warrant and purposely lie to the judge in order to get the warrant under false pretenses.

Not only that... under same investigation, they rough up your family members, co-workers, neighbors with unrelated charges trying to get them to snitch on you.

Everyone would be saying that cop needed to go to jail.... that is exactly what went down with Trump.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Welp, if all our rallies are gonna be treated like violent rampages, might as well just rampage right? Gonna get treated like it anyways, then might as well just do it. That couldn't be their plan could it?

Sounds like ...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
But of course they are. The Dims are masters of the double standard. Attacking an innocent Trump for the very thing that Biden has openly been doing.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You can't legally spy on people... he used the FBI and lied about the reason to obain the warrant. HIGHLY ILLEGAL.

I'm sorry we're in disagreement.

The POTUS can absolutely direct any type of intel op that he wants ... on anybody ... for any reason ... or, no reason at all.

UNITED STATES INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES
EO 12333
4 December 1981

Part 1. Goals, Direction, Duties, and Responsibilities With Respect to the National Intelligence Effort

Sec.

1.1 Goals

1.2 The National Security Council

1.3 National Foreign Intelligence
Advisory Groups

1.4 The Intelligence Community

PART 1 - GOALS, DIRECTION, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WITH RESPECT TO THE NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE EFFORT

1.4 THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY

The agencies within the Intelligence Community shall, in accordance with applicable United States law and with the other provisions of this Order, conduct intelligence activities necessary for the conduct of foreign relations and the protection of the national security of the United States, including:

(a) Collection of information needed by the President, the National Security Council, the Secretaries of State and Defense, and other Executive Branch officials for the performance of their duties and responsibilities;

(b) Production and dissemination of intelligence;

(c) Collection of information concerning, and the conduct of activities to protect against, intelligence activities directed against the United States, international terrorist and international narcotics activities, and other hostile activities directed against the United States by foreign powers, organizations, persons, and their agents;

(d) Special activities;

(e) Administrative and support activities within the United States and abroad necessary for the performance of authorized activities; and

(f) Such other intelligence activities as the President may direct from time to time.

edit on 1112021 by Snarl because: formatting

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Change the name of the Rallies.

(Democrat leaders are stupid)

These are progressives. They are experts at changing language to suit themselves. What they're really doing is making it illegal for their opposition to campaign against them. See how quickly any Republican campaign event suddenly becomes a MAGA Rally and is blocked for potential to incite "domestic terrorism".

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I guess you missed this part of the first paragraph:

1.4 THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY

The agencies within the Intelligence Community shall,in accordance with applicable US law...Text

There is a reason we have the FISA court.

Secondly, there has been a denial that Obama was involved so which is it.... Obama ordered the spying or he didn't?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lernmore
They're actually trying to eliminate our freedom to assemble.

[www.thegatewaypundit.com...]
Democrats Are Drafting Legislation to Criminalize Trump Rallies — Classify Them as “Domestic Terrorism”[/url]

This is insane, these people need to be stopped.

@paulsperry
DEVELOPING: Democrats in both the House and Senate are planning to draft legislation to classify MAGA rallies as "domestic terrorist activity" and require the FBI, DOJ & DHS to take steps to prevent such "domestic terrorism." Sen. Durbin is leading effort along with Rep Schneider
9:33 PM · Jan 10, 2021

Shut this website down already. These idiots have ruined all the work on UFO's. All those threads will be gone. You stormed the Capitol saying it's the right to assemble??? When you called millions of protestors, terrorists?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The Right was trying to do the same with Antifa or Black Lives Matter

both sides only think it's authoritarian when it targets them. but will use it against the other

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: FauxMulder

The Constitution protects PEACEFUL assembly. The report says that Durbin is trying to codify into law that some assemblies can be designated act of domestic terrorist. The courts will have to weight the evidence and decide if the action falls within the Constitution and one could argue that there is evidence.

Oh man! This is so funny I hurt myself laughing. If this was law, what should have happened for several months last year? Durbin = Dumbass.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They should criminalize all presidential and congressional rallies. All of them are spewing hate and deception these days. I did not see any of that with John James.....and guess what....he lost.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: HalWesten
IF true it will be shut down as unconstitutional.

I think you trust SCOTUS waaaay too much

Nope, can you imagine the backlash if they refused to stop something like this? It would make last week look like a play date with three year olds.

If you think the law enforcement agencies won’t be ready for an insurrection sequel you aren’t paying attention. The radical elements of the right played straight into the government hands.

AND THAT IS THE REAL CRIME HERE!

this is what pisses me off the most. Whoever orchestrated this whole thing was either really smart in knowing how to use a few dumbasses to suck all the wind from the sails of the right, or they were so incredibly stupid they didn't see this as an opportunity for just that to happen. Either way, it was a failure of epic proportions with regard to leadership. Nobody told those folks what to do, where to go, or what they were going to accomplish. They just told a whole bunch of pissed off people to show up on the day they were going to piss them off the most, and to come to the place where all that was going to happen. What bad things could that do I wonder?

Anyone who promoted this doesn't deserve to lead anyone. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

However, the same could be said for the day they showed up to protest the passage of Obamacare too. The only difference between then and Wednesday was that a small group of people flipped their sh1t. Honestly, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. At what point would you prefer it to have happened?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

If you can't, or rather won't, see the issue, there's no explaining it to you. Your partisan blinders are on way too tight...and it's cutting off the flow of blood to somewhere important.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

If you can't, or rather won't, see the issue, there's no explaining it to you. Your partisan blinders are on way too tight...and it's cutting off the flow of blood to somewhere important.

So you can't or won't see a bit of banter for what it is, either?

To reiterate, again, the link in the OP is, in my view, click bait nonsense. It's simply not real and will not happen.

Sorry to have a dissenting opinion from right wing propoganda. I thought that was a good thing to have on here, rather than being dogpiled for expressing one and generally insulted.

Just trying to deny ignorance. Or is that now frowned on on here?

edit on 11-1-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join