It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris' Vogue Cover Prompts Backlash and Outrage: ‘Disrespectful'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
whiners gonna whine,

One of the two covers featuring the former California senator, 56, has been widely criticized on social media, with many saying the lighting washes her out and that the styling isn't worthy of the country's first Black woman to be elected vice president.
Kamala Harris, Vogue Cover Prompts Backlash and Outrage: "Disrespectful'

now this is just a little bit ridiculous, first other reports say that during negations that harris and her team picked the clothes out, as heard here on ABC's GMA, at the 1:22 mark, it also says that harris team thought the other shot would be used before that.

GMA Cover Story

now i know it's apples and oranges, but Vouge is the editor / and publisher of the magazine and no doubt negotiated the rights to publish what they felt best but, if banks can exercise their rights and stop processing funds for republians, and no outrage from these fussing about this. why the outrage over a damn picture being used over another one.

also the claim of washing her color out. it is obvious who the person in the picture is. it's also fairly obvious that harris's team had a hand in picking the shots and approved the two shots that were made over probably a hundreds. they just don't take those kinda shots like they do in yearbook photo's when the say stand/sit here, pop off two or three shots then yell next. the person has a say in what is used to a point, and being the VPOTUS/future end run around POTUS elect who receives more praise for something that came to her naturally and her pandering, than for her skills as a accomplished law maker most likely had more than other people do.

like i said, whiners are gonna whine, and as i type this i know that the same old group will come into this thread to say i'm the one doing the whining.

some that really shouldn't cast stones or care. you know who you are.

posting and gonna run, got things to do before the Martial Law comes, or the riot's that p lousy and crew are fear mongering over.

edit on 11-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Good thing for these folks Vogue never saw fit to give our very classy, beautiful and fashionable First Lady on the cover...

Just imagine the comparisons! Just imagine the outrage!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Good thing for these folks Vogue never saw fit to give our very classy, beautiful and fashionable First Lady on the cover...

Just imagine the comparisons! Just imagine the outrage!!!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
How quickly these lefties forget that they wouldn't touch Comma-LA (Comma-BLAH in both pics) with a 10' pole during the primaries. In other words, not a one of them would vote for her.

Maybe it isn't the clothing or the lighting or the pose or anything else ... maybe Comma-LA just isn't all that magnificent and nothing anyone does will make her look dignified or presidential or even vice presidential.

And by that, I'm not saying she's ugly or anything else, just that she doesn't have presence or charisma.

I mean it would be like trying to make Amy Klobuchar an "it" girl .... just isn't happening.
edit on 11-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOLing -- at myself! I forgot about that.

In my own defense, I was thinking of Melania as First Lady, rather than her pre-Mrs. Trump days. Okay. Not much of a defense, I admit... but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You can put lipstick on a pig . . . . . .

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
In my own defense, I was thinking of Melania as First Lady, rather than her pre-Mrs. Trump days. Okay. Not much of a defense, I admit... but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Well, to be completely fair Strong Brown Woman is still only Not Your Vice President Elect.

But it's still not too late to get Manlania on the cover of LARP'ers Bazaar.

edit on 11-1-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: I'm a Q-Cumber posting from the future

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Im confused.
People are upset that they didn't try to polish her up enough?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, to be completely fair Strong Brown Woman is still only Not Your Vice President Elect.

LOL -- yup!

I'll take it!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

She's not even particularly strong although she is sort of brown, brownish. That is one of the criticisms, you know. They didn't make her look black enough, but she's mixed heritage - Indian, and mixed race (black/white) - so she wouldn't necessarily be all that dark and that's not a bad reflection on her in any way.

Sometimes, the left is just stupid.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Converse low tops??

How elegant and presidential for such an historic event.🙄🤦🏾‍♂️

What a clown.🤡

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
She's not even particularly strong...

You arm wrestle her or something and not tell us?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

She's not even particularly strong...

You arm wrestle her or something and not tell us?

I bet I could take her!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

edit on 11-1-2021 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'm talking about her personal presence.

They want to paint her as strong because we all know she's shortly going to be president, but well ... she's not. Being able to get angry at Kavanaugh's hearing is not an indication of personal strength.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm just thankful that Paper didn't decide to do a shoot.

You can't please most on the left. Think of all the wood that could be reclaimed if everyone just came down off their crosses. Houses for all the homeless.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

First VP selected for their gender and color of skin instead of content of character is what it should say. Maybe Vogue should have colored her skin darker if they wanted her to appear darker.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm talking about her personal presence.

They want to paint her as strong because we all know she's shortly going to be president, but well ... she's not. Being able to get angry at Kavanaugh's hearing is not an indication of personal strength.

Who knows. Maybe when she takes over on January 21st, 2023 she'll bench press the ChiComs.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You can put lipstick on a pig . . . . . .

Or a reality TV star in the oval office...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
I bet I could take her!

Ketsuko or Strong Brown Woman? I have a feeling both would mop the floor with you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join