It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual Ghosts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I know I recieved this idea from a stupid movie so bear with me.

Last night I recalled a movie I watched a number of years ago about a haunted house. There were a collection of spirits in this house trying to scare out the new occupants. I believe there were 3 main ghosts. One of the ghosts was a woman supposed to be a promiscuous woman when she was alive.

The movie portrayed this womans ghost as a sexual ghost. In one scene I remember a man in bed when he wakes in the morning claims he was molested by an unknown force.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a sexual ghost or spirit?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well I never heard of a "sexual ghost" or spirit.....
but if you find one let me know how and where you
found her

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
nope , this is the first time. looks pretty scary to me: getting (EDIT) by something you cant see :S :S :S

Mod Edit: Removed profanity

[edit on 3/19/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
well i've heard of the term succubus, and have read fictional stories of ghosts being lovers, that sort of stuff, never read an actual (true) ghost account of such a case.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
what is dorked? i wrote something else

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I was watching a show once and it talked about how these women living in a haunted house were molested by a spirit.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
my mom told me that there was a spirit in our house b4 i was born that would get in the bathtub with my sister and scare the crap outa her

[edit on 13-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
wintersteel.homestead.com...
this movie is creapy a must see. I havent read munch on the real story tho.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There was a movie some years back with Barbara Herschey (spelling?) ... About a lady who was followed around by a ghost which sexually molested her. The story was supposed to be true.

That's the only one I've ever heard of.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have a family member I am very close to that was raped by an invisible "something" and molested as well.

She is not crazy and has no mental issues but has had many experiences with demonic beings, most were not as dramatic as being raped though.

I have read about it as well, I just cant remember where.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Seriously : Sexual ghosts have been mentioned for hundreds of years. Incubus, and Succubus. Christina Hole, documents these in her book “History of Witchcraft”. Also, The Presence of Spirits in Madness, by Dr. Wilson Van Dusen, The book of Tobit, in the Bible. KJV1611. These encounters are not ghosts at all, but demonic forces, which physically attack men and women, in there sleep, or semi-sleep. Reports have been from hearing voices, giving sexual thoughts, pictures in the mind, to unlawful touching. Tibetan Buddhism and Hinduism teach this a higher levels, please note the icons of the Goddess of Kali, which shows a goddess with a necklace of skulls, a sword in one hand, a dead corpse, in the other hand, standing over a man lying down masturbating. Some times Kali, is show in older icons, being both male and female. Once one submits to this she “the demon” forbids any other “lovers”. They become slaves to demonic forces.

Some people involved in witchcraft report, have personal demons who will have sex, with them. They become desirous of this event in their life. Sadly it is a trap, in which the demon can slowly take over possesses the victim who desires this. As it causes a mixing of spirits. This turn out to most horrible ending to a person life, as the demon will become a nightmare, which will demand sex more often and destroy any attempt of finding a real human mate. It take over. Once it has control, you will to its bidding, which can lead to prostitution, child molestation, uncontrollable promiscuous sex, and further developments of evil desires in other areas. This, in no way means that prostitutes, child molesters, and such are all such cases.

In, The Presence of Spirits in Madness, by Dr. Wilson Van Dusen, he reports that evil spirit will work for years to take over the part of the body being use for sex, so the owner no longer has control, and sometimes feeling of that body part. A very sad end indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I wonder how you would know if there was a sex ghost or demon following you? I am also wondering how you could identify a succubus. Do they hang out at bars and pick up unsuspecting guys? Is a sex ghost a bad thing if they make you feel good?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I wonder how you would know if there was a sex ghost or demon following you? I am also wondering how you could identify a succubus. Do they hang out at bars and pick up unsuspecting guys? Is a sex ghost a bad thing if they make you feel good?

Heroin makes you feel really good and it is bad for you.
Succubus is the female version.
You should feel something attacking/touching you that is not there.
If you think that having something take over your life and treating you like garbage, is ok then, it is your call. But, they are like drug dealers or whores, the give you a little for free then you have to pay.
I would think finding a mate that loves you, and cares for you, is a better idea.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think y'all are confusing succubi and incubi with ghosts. Both aformentioned demons are supposed to be corporeal, not insubstantial, as in fleshy.

I've heard stories of frisky ghosts, one was told by Lucy Leu, the Asian woman from Kill Bill and Charlies Angels. She claimed to have been 'visited' by a ghost, and apparently the ghost so impressed her, she's never felt that way again with any living man.

Now, whether or not I believe that account by her, I dunno. I suppose I believe her, but she could just have imagined the encounter. The human mind is incredibly powerful, it can warp reality in just about any fashion it pleases. So...

Believe what you will.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypseyWing
I know I recieved this idea from a stupid movie so bear with me.

Last night I recalled a movie I watched a number of years ago about a haunted house. There were a collection of spirits in this house trying to scare out the new occupants. I believe there were 3 main ghosts. One of the ghosts was a woman supposed to be a promiscuous woman when she was alive.

The movie portrayed this womans ghost as a sexual ghost. In one scene I remember a man in bed when he wakes in the morning claims he was molested by an unknown force.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a sexual ghost or spirit?

I seem to recall watching a movie of a similar nature in the early 90's that was a dramatized movie of what the people involved had allegedly experienced where the husnand was forced to have sex with an entity. Are we talking of the same thing here?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The poster might be talking about Rose Red, a Stephen King flic, ported from TV to DVD. It was a decent movie, somewhat hokey, but an interesting overview of psychics and their various gifts.

There was a scene in the movie I mentioned where one of the psyhics was sleeping in this haunted house, and a ghost tried to seduce him in bed. There was another scene where a nightgown-clad recently deceased woman lured another one of the psychics outside and contributed to his heart attack.

Is that the movie you're talking about?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
A bracket carved as a winged succubus on the outside of an inn, suggesting that a could have been found inside.
Enlarge
A bracket carved as a winged succubus on the outside of an English inn, suggesting that a brothel could have been found inside.

In medieval legend, a succubus (plural succubi; from Latin succubare, "to lie under") is a female demon which comes to men, especially monks, in their dreams to seduce them and have sexual intercourse, drawing energy from the men to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death. This legend was an explanation for the phenomena of wet dreams and sleep paralysis. From mythology and fantasy, Lilith and the Lilin (Jewish), Lilitu (Sumerian) and Rusalka (Slavic) were succubi.

According to the Malleus Maleficarum, or "Witches' Hammer", succubi would collect semen from the men they slept with, which incubi would then use to impregnate women. Children so begotten were supposed to be more susceptible to the influence of demons.

From the 16th century, the carving of a succubus on the outside of an inn indicated that the establishment also operated as a brothel.

Succuba (plural succubæ) is the more correct form because the -us is masculine in Latin, but the former is more commonly found in modern English literature.

In medieval legend, an incubus (plural incubi; from Latin incubare, "to lie upon") is a demon in male form supposed to lie upon sleepers, especially on women in order to have sexual intercourse with them. A female version was called a succubus. There are several possible explanations for the incubus legends:

* They form part of the well-attested Medieval preoccupation with sin, especially sexual sins of women.
* Actual rapes of sleeping women were attributed to demons by rapists in order to escape punishment.
* The feeling of smothering while sleeping is known to physicians. The modern term for this common disorder is Sleep paralysis or sleep apnea.
* Because of the weight given to sexual sin in the Middle Ages, nocturnal arousal, orgasm or nocturnal emission were explained away by the legends of creatures causing an otherwise guilt-producing and self-conscious behavior. Thus people could say they were not to blame for it; it was obviously outside of their control: they were a victim.
* Young women/men being sexually assaulted in their sleep by a known attacker such as as friend or family member, although not common, has been reported and may explain some "nocturnal" attacks. The victims may find it easier to explain the attack as "supernatural" rather than confront the idea that the attack came from someone that is trusted in the family . See incest or situational molesters

During the witchhunts, alleged intercourse with demons or with Satan was one of the purported sins for which women were killed.

Oh, the other thing I found were the fallen angels that prey upon the daughters of men and give rise to the nephilim, or giants with no souls. Supposedly this is what let to the necessity of the flood to wipe them off the face of the earth but anyway that also lends itself to some rather painful consequences if a birthing were to occur.

Hope this helps. Bottom line is yest there is mythology for sexual spirits, but they are rather demonic and not something you'd want to deal with lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That made my day.

I see the mods trashing this thread.

Originally posted by takemeout
i could use a sexual ghost so i wouldn't have to pull out

lmao I saw that quote coming. I can't believe you got warned for that.

Wet dreams. Anyone else heard of this?
Their maybe a link to telepathy or something, anything.
Lets make a thread on ats, and discuss it. Wait there's this thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Jukyu

First your post is a breath of fresh air in a sea of numbed minds. I am glad to see someone is willing to do research, and take a subject seriously. Whether or not we agree, at least you are thinking. I will offer a slightly different interpretation of the facts, please tell me what you think.

“According to the Malleus Maleficarum, or "Witches' Hammer", succubi would collect semen from the men they slept with, which incubi would then use to impregnate women. Children so begotten were supposed to be more susceptible to the influence of demons”

My studies how shown that the “hammer” maybe incorrect in this conclusion, if it holds it all, as I have not read it lately. It could very well be that Succubi, incubi, do indeed attack persons, but to say that demons can transport sperm “might” be in error. I believe that it is the case of demons sexually attacking people. That some young girls, would have sex voluntary or be raped and then use the stories of succubi to cover as you said. I do not believe that anybody would have bought the idea right off the bat, of some girl saying a demon did it, in order to cover. Without the history of succubi, already in place. If monks, and nuns, have been attacked, and rumors were around, then one could use that to cover a real act.

You listed a number of origins for this problem, except it being real. This activity has been reported in many cultures Christian and non-Christian, even before Christianity.
1. The Pagan Greeks 300 b.c. spoke of this. Zeus, the god, was the master rapist who raped many women. He raped Leda in the form of a swan. He raped Danae disguised as the rain. He raped Alkmen disguised as her own husband. Zeus even raped other men, such as Ganymede. To the common man,they usually staked out water wells and then raped the women when they went to get water. It was also common to rape prostitutes, slaves, and their own wives. There are too many stories in Greek Paganism to list them, Pan, Bacchus, and the rest were often having sex with humans.
2. Bonism, which predates Buddhism, was concerned with ghosts who would rape women.
3. Voodoo, and Hinduism are full of this. There is a reason.
4. In Christianity chastity is correct, good, and sex is for marriage. It is very logical to think that demons would attack Christians sexually to get them to fall in to sin. Most people would not want to go to confession, and say a “demon raped me”, it would be much easier to say I had a wet dream. Writings from the Early Church Fathers, and the Canons, accept both as real. One you had a wet dream, or two you were attacked by a demon. Neither was considered a big deal, as wet dreams were understood as normal, all of this is written in the year 300a.d. long before the middle ages. The penance was that you could not go to Holy Communion the next day, as it was seen as being unclean.
5. The life of St. Anthony the Great, talks much about being attacked by demons.

In summary, I do not think it is correct to say: that whole idea of sexual demons is someone’s attempt, of getting out of trouble, because who would want a demon child????? Second, I know that many hate the Roman Catholics, but they did not create evil or demons or Christianity. This is giving them way too much credit.

Further more people are talking about this happening now. I personally know people who have had this happen, who had never thought of it before, were not Christians of any kind. So, it is rather easy to prove the existence of demons by historical accounts of cultures, and would not be a very big leap of logic to say that could effect people sexually. Although I do agree that some girls probably used this as a cover for rape or fornication. Not only that but child molesters (fathers) could have also called upon this to explain why their 12 year daughter was pregnant.

This part is not for you, Jukyu.
The real point is that this is a real thing, happening to real people, and they need to be taken seriously and not laughed off. Think about it, how would you like to be raped by demons, then try and talk to someone about it and have everyone laugh at you. Have them, tell you that you should take drugs and such. This forum is supposed to be about, the unexplained, not ridicule.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
Seriously : Sexual ghosts have been mentioned for hundreds of years. Incubus, and Succubus. Christina Hole, documents these in her book “History of Witchcraft”. Also, The Presence of Spirits in Madness, by Dr. Wilson Van Dusen, The book of Tobit, in the Bible. KJV1611. These encounters are not ghosts at all, but demonic forces, which physically attack men and women, in there sleep, or semi-sleep. Reports have been from hearing voices, giving sexual thoughts, pictures in the mind, to unlawful touching. Tibetan Buddhism and Hinduism teach this a higher levels, please note the icons of the Goddess of Kali, which shows a goddess with a necklace of skulls, a sword in one hand, a dead corpse, in the other hand, standing over a man lying down masturbating. Some times Kali, is show in older icons, being both male and female. Once one submits to this she “the demon” forbids any other “lovers”. They become slaves to demonic forces.

Some people involved in witchcraft report, have personal demons who will have sex, with them. They become desirous of this event in their life. Sadly it is a trap, in which the demon can slowly take over possesses the victim who desires this. As it causes a mixing of spirits. This turn out to most horrible ending to a person life, as the demon will become a nightmare, which will demand sex more often and destroy any attempt of finding a real human mate. It take over. Once it has control, you will to its bidding, which can lead to prostitution, child molestation, uncontrollable promiscuous sex, and further developments of evil desires in other areas. This, in no way means that prostitutes, child molesters, and such are all such cases.

In, The Presence of Spirits in Madness, by Dr. Wilson Van Dusen, he reports that evil spirit will work for years to take over the part of the body being use for sex, so the owner no longer has control, and sometimes feeling of that body part. A very sad end indeed.

I believe I have encountered a girl like this once. Very long story. Kind of personal too. But when I talked to her before the bad things starting to happen involving ME, she told me about the demons and what they would do with her.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join