It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just so sick of it all

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It has more to do with money.

In short.

It’s big money for say Google to be able to censure in countries like China.

Or for the NBA to use China as a market now cannot discredit the communists government.

Socialized democrats for example support hate speech. Democrats to big tech. You use the excuse of hate speech to censure our political rivals, and donate, we will not mess with your monopolies.

It’s not the political ideology that is spilling over. It’s the control over messaging, information, and monopolies.
edit on 11-1-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Deplatform politics.

Word!!

I do find it interesting how much interest there is in American political drama. I think everyone 'out there' is waiting for America to blow big.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Que the muslim terrorists...

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I thought it was bad under GW, but the last 4 years took it to a whole new level.

Education has become a joke.

Social media has raised a generation that no longer knows how to interact with each other.

Film & television is nothing more than propaganda right along with news.

I've tune into watching all the old kung fu movies on youtube. Many of them share some wisdom of Chinese culture. I'm not really into the new kung fu stuff, but some of the Hong Kong stuff that is new is worth watching.

And Japanese TV is becoming too silly and off beat with men dressing up as woman on prime time, getting bad.

Believe it or not.

My Only refuge is either Japanese Anime(Isekai) or Chinese Xianxia. I can't handle anything American anymore.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: dollukka

Que the muslim terrorists...

Peace

Oh no, did they plant pipe bombs around the Capitol, too?!

Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   

This isn’t about one person!!
THIS ISNT ABOUT ONE PERSON!!

It’s about who we are and what we believe in.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Oh be quiet and get back in your Volkswagen factory and make some more illegal cars.

a reply to: ManFromEurope

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If you want to catch up on Mother Earth News! they selling for about $15 a flash drive with most back issues. Much of that on Internet but in case the grid goes down having a flash may help the self reliance meme. a reply to: Vector99

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack

Why are we blaming the media when people are trampling each other to eat the dried up salmonella laden courses being dished out on the buffet?

They lay it out, but we consume it by choice. I don't blame the media.

We should not be children that have to be told what is safe or what is not good to eat. We should not be like insecure, attention seeking, teens, afraid of not being chosen to be part of the group. We can't have it both ways. We either take responsibility for our actions, or we continue to show that we are unable to be independent thinking adults, capable of making sound and prudent choices. Following the Pied Piper gives them justifiable excuses to monitor, control, and limit all of what we can see and hear. We did that. We knew it was coming and we stepped right onto the train. Now we are the ones pushing the train off the cliff.

The media, social media, and self proclaimed knowers of truth dish out the lies and deception, but they are not responsible for what dribble we put on our plates and consume.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

The rise of a manufactured "alt right" has been plaguing the planet for a while now, the absurdity of trump and the last four years in america are a symptom of this problem, not the cause of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The Browns won a playoff game. And the Buckeyes are gonna win the NC tonight.

Be a winner, be happy...move to Ohio.

Ohio is a wonderful place to be from.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Wish I was leaving too; my kin moved to Arkansas years ago and I could follow suit, but that's for retirement

I am in line for a job with my city, so I'll just lay low for 15 years, work my job, then scoot upon retirement with a small pension. My inspiration board in my head contains palm trees and sand - I've been looking into Costa Rica for expat purposes. I have no family other than my mom and aunt, both are getting up in years, and no kids, so I'll take my happy ass to Central America where they have universal health care and I won't get bopped in the bean in a "nursing home" by a "healthcare worker" who resents my skin color.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

People around the world care so gooddamn much about our politics, and it's all centered around a person half the people like, and half the people don't

Nothing new here.

During the 1930's Germans who supported Hitler only made up about 40% of the population. What happened in German during that time had a far greater effect on how people around the world felt about German politics than they do about America now.

So true and when anybody is knocking the Germans of that era we can always remember they didn't even vote the Nazis into power. Nazis got in through the back door

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I thought it was bad under GW, but the last 4 years took it to a whole new level.

Education has become a joke.

Social media has raised a generation that no longer knows how to interact with each other.

Film & television is nothing more than propaganda right along with news.

Well said Neo.
All that is by design-its part of the program,and it is quite literally a program.
We know the name of the game is the manipulation of the masses right?
So-are the masses easier to steer and manipulate if they are healthy,educated to a decent level,and well informed with a truly investigative news media and a good set of ethical values
OR
are the masses easier to manipulate when they have been mind walloped by adulterated food/water,stuffed full of chemicals humans would never actually ingest in our natural state,turned into dopamine fiends by "social"media and lobotomized by a system of propaganda which makes MK Ultra look like a dry run?

Modern tech and those behind it are hellbent on reshaping society into something that can be controlled at every level.
No room for individuals,no room for critical thought.
You will be assimilated into the "China on steroids" system that big tech has decided is our future-or you will be cancelled.

Its what everyone behind the scenes of our "free" society has been working for since at least WW2.

edit on 11/1/2021 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
“A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.”
― Leo Tolstoy
62 years old and I've simplified my lifestyle, working from my home on a little lake, watching the ice form up and ready for some ice fishing, limit my contact to negative people, increase time spent with my two beautiful grandchildren. Now if I can keep gov't out of my retirement funds, I will have made it.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Not I, just wondering what's next up on the buffet once the Golden Goose is slain and can no longer egg.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack

What is next is what we plant, grow, harvest, and consume.

Our survival depends on us. Our own hands, our own hearts. Waiting to see what meat stripped bones are left, and hoping to survive on maggots, will almost guarantee a trip to any camp begging for entry.

This is not a wait to see what the talking heads tell us what to think and do. This is a time to become a productive and useful member of the community that will ultimately be your only chance at survival.

Dump the internet and invest in community.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hells yeah it is.

Thank you Rufus Putnam!

a reply to: network dude

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

originally posted by: Vector99

People around the world care so gooddamn much about our politics, and it's all centered around a person half the people like, and half the people don't. It's consuming everything media-wise, and causing discord amongst many that would normally agree on some things, and disagree on other things. I try to remain as neutral as possible, and completely claim myself as an independent. I have views I lean for obviously, but not a single party represents me, at all. I find flaws in them all.

I've been wondering lately, now that Trump is exiting stage left, what will the media(s) do to get their fix? They've been mainlining "the good stuff" so often for so long, the addiction must be tremendous.

Yes, they'll drag this current thing out as long as possible, but their stash of lame duck is dwindling fast, to where will they turn for their morning, mid-morning, noon, mid-afternoon, afternoon, early evening, late evening, overnight fix?

Either the news will magically transform into "heartwarming" positive reporting (you know, let the "healing" commence..🙄) or something or someone will be focused on as the villain and in short order, we will be compelled to "take action".

No new wars in the last 4 years was a double edge sword for the President. No distractions meant the focus was on him entirely as evidenced by the MSM nitpicking just about everything about him.

Personally, I think all this incessant, "terrible" news is about to be replaced with a wave of positive news to give the appearance that "ALL the nation's woes were because of the Orange Man. Now that he's out, the sun will shine brighter, the birds will be more melodic and the world can finally heal... "🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

And A LOT of people will gobbled that sh!t up and ask for thirds while the left rolls out freedom/liberty destroying legislative "toilet paper" bills that are already written one after the other with minimal resistance.🤦🏾‍♂️

edit on 1/11/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

We are all conditioned to a degree. We just don't realized how lethal that conditioning is, because we have never really been tested.

Even when I was a child and we had no running water or electricity, we survived off knowing that there were stores about twenty five miles away, and the Chesapeake Bay was walking distance. Survival was basic and our needs were few. How long do you think the average American would survive, if there was no electricity, and no way of getting it back up and running, for about a year or more?

How long after pushing those buttons, flipping those switches, and turning those keys, yields no results, and lack of running water becomes a thousand times more deadly than a million people testing positive for COVID.

We are spoiled, conditioned, and blind to just how vulnerable we are. We are clueless to what war really looks like. It is an easy word to throw around, but It is not glamorous, and bravery is not displayed by wearing a huge letter across your chest. Victory is not a selfie posted on social media, and hope is not found in talking heads on social media or by selfish, corrupt, political figureheads.

We think we know what the great end game is going to look like. We think we can fight it, and we can. But not by following the leaders.

edit on 11-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join