It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Amazon Kicking Parler Off Web Server — Shutting Platform Down Until They Find New Host

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Good.

HA!

Called it!

Have you ever actually been on it, Parler, Voat, or GAB? It's DISGUSTING. Basically platforms for people to use the n-word as often as possible, and call for the slaughter of gays. I DO frequent these places as an opposition troll.

You're a pretty level headed dude. If you haven't been there, your opinion is invalid.

Don't like it? Don't look at it......easy as.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Good.

HA!

Called it!

Have you ever actually been on it, Parler, Voat, or GAB? It's DISGUSTING. Basically platforms for people to use the n-word as often as possible, and call for the slaughter of gays. I DO frequent these places as an opposition troll.

You're a pretty level headed dude. If you haven't been there, your opinion is invalid.

OMG! The "N" word!!?? Words can hurt us! Kill them.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Amazon just lost all of my business...a substantial amount of business.
I won't support a company that advocates censorship and bigotry.

If more people would actually do this, these corporations would change their tune quickly. As it is, they think they can do whatever they want and there will be no consequences because they are the only game in town.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
But how will you get anything during lockdowns because remember, scary covid still exists.

Post master general wants private companies to own the USPS, so no snail mail.

Being boxed into a corner and idiots scream "YAY"

link   

Good.

HA!

Called it!

Imagine being so fragile over a word and believing everything written on the internet.

link   
a reply to: HalWesten

No worries, this kind of thing has me spun up a bit is all. I thought things were moving fast with the news about Google and Apple yesterday. Apparently I underestimated the desire to censor the opposition. So my bad for calling you a smartass.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Crap.

I like using Amazon, but since you said that, how can I support them.

:/

It's gonna be tough.
Wife and I are discussing it now...She is also willing to give up her Kindle too.

Talking to my wife and she said small business also relies on Amazon and they have no alternatives.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: HalWesten

No worries, this kind of thing has me spun up a bit is all. I thought things were moving fast with the news about Google and Apple yesterday. Apparently I underestimated the desire to censor the opposition. So my bad for calling you a smartass.

Oh I can be a smartass, no question. Just trying to lighten the mood a little, that's all.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Yesterday we had Apple and Google getting rid of the Parler app, and some members brought up that it wasn't really an issue because we could still get on the website.
well guess what...

Amazon has kicked Parler off their webhosting service, meaning the platform will be offline until they find a new host.

The ban goes into effect on Sunday, effectively shutting down the platform that conservatives have flocked to since the big tech giants began banning conservatives.

www.thegatewaypundit.com... n=websitesharingbuttons

That leads closer to the dire scenario that I brought up...that this could only be the next step, with ISPs eventually refusing to allow it

How many Americans would it take to storm anti-American corporate fascist Amazon and change the company for ever?

200?

The people / corporations only hold power over us because we let them.

Imagine even 10% of all of those people who showed up in Washington on January 6th. (Still 10's of thousands of people.) Only this time it's not just 30 of them looking to trouble. This time, every single one of them is mad as hell!!!.

There wouldn't be anything left of Silicon Valley.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Crap.

It's gonna be tough.
Wife and I are discussing it now...She is also willing to give up her Kindle too.

I'm addicted to Kindle/ Audible...That would be a tough one. I drive about 20 hours a week for work and it's so nice being able to be read to

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Yesterday we had Apple and Google getting rid of the Parler app, and some members brought up that it wasn't really an issue because we could still get on the website.
well guess what...

Amazon has kicked Parler off their webhosting service, meaning the platform will be offline until they find a new host.

The ban goes into effect on Sunday, effectively shutting down the platform that conservatives have flocked to since the big tech giants began banning conservatives.

www.thegatewaypundit.com... n=websitesharingbuttons

That leads closer to the dire scenario that I brought up...that this could only be the next step, with ISPs eventually refusing to allow it

How many Americans would it take to storm anti-American corporate fascist Amazon and change the company for ever?

200?

The people / corporations only hold power over us because we let them.

Imagine even 10% of all of those people who showed up in Washington on January 6th. (Still 10's of thousands of people.) Only this time it's not just 30 of them looking to trouble. This time, every single one of them is mad as hell!!!.

There wouldn't be anything left of Silicon Valley.

This is what needs to start happening.

Be the change you want. The politicians we have voted in have failed us.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Crap.

It's gonna be tough.

Talking to my wife and she said small business also relies on Amazon and they have no alternatives.

'Whole Foods' is dead to us now too.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

OMG! The "N" word!!?? Words can hurt us! Kill them.

Yep. You never know when one of those nasty Gab comments is going to jump out from behind a dumpster and steal your Tofurky slices....

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Crap.

It's gonna be tough.

I absolutely hated shopping there.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ho-Lee Crap!

(Ho Lee Crap is also Bidens contact in China)

Censorship.

And I'm sure the anti-freedom, anti-Constitutionalists will support it.

The problem is that defamation, slander, truth-in-media, libel, and hate speech legislation, which all exist elsewhere in the real world, have no power in social media. This has led to a situation where the unethical have made social media their propaganda platform of choice.

It was never about freedom of speech, because boring truth will never be 'popular' like outrageous and lies with emotional appeal.

Hence, none of the social media are currently the voice of the people. They have become the favorite 'shouting place' of the biggest liars.

edit on 9/1/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Crap.

It's gonna be tough.

I absolutely hated shopping there.

Last time I was there they were allowing a 'Defund The Police' rally in their parking lot.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There will be a lot of shut-downs and censoring if Joe Biden's Admin takes over. Last week they explained how the definition of domestic terrorism will be expanded. Scary stuff....even by China standards.

Also, Twitter is now ramping up the suspension of Liberal/Democrat accounts who don't "toe the line" closely.

Example: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Everyone wanting to stay on "Social Media" better learn "China-Truths". This seems to be the way that these companies want to cattle that use their platforms.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
There will be a lot of shut-downs and censoring if Joe Biden's Admin takes over. Last week they explained how the definition of domestic terrorism will be expanded. Scary stuff....even by China standards.

Also, Twitter is now ramping up the suspension of Liberal/Democrat accounts who don't "toe the line" closely.

Example: twitter.com...

At first, they came for the conservatives. But I said nothing. Because I was a moderate.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Ho-Lee Crap!

(Ho Lee Crap is also Bidens contact in China)

Censorship.

And I'm sure the anti-freedom, anti-Constitutionalists will support it.

The problem is that defamation, slander, truth-in-media, libel, and hate speech legislation, which all exist elsewhere in the real world, have no power in social media. This has led to a situation where the unethical have made social media their propaganda platform of choice.

It was never about freedom of speech, because boring truth will never be 'popular' like outrageous and lies with emotional appeal.

Hence, none of the social media are currently the voice of the people. They have become the favorite 'shouting place' of the biggest liars.

You most certainly can sue someone for defamation for comments made on Social Media...
www.investopedia.com...#:~:text=A%20private%20individual%20who%20has,is%20 someone%20of%20low%20achievement.

As for hate speech, the US has no such thing as hate speech laws. You can be arrested for seditious, inflammatory, or threatening comments, but there is no such thing as hate speech here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join