It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump responds to Twitter account ban

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So you endorse massive monopolies censoring the internet?

Listen I know you have a big bad weapon and can wipe out your opposition but can you lefties please not bring about 1984?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: watchitburn
A private corporation is usurping the role of gate keeper in communication between the American people and their elected President.

And almost half the country is okay with this.
Sad times in the world.

Capitalism is as capitalism does. So he has to communicate the same way the rest of the presidents have for the past 80 years? So much for the whole 'gate keeper' agenda. Sorry, but the fascist 'government control' approach isn't gonna work. It's not everyone else's fault that conservatives have totally abandoned their values all for the sake of one ego-ridden clown.

You honestly think a company restricting the flow of information for political gain is capitalism?
What on earth are they teaching you all in school there days?...

Once they purge all their enemies how long do you think before they come for you?

Don't lecture us on values little one. I just watched a bunch of people complain about someone's moral character for 5 years only to abandoned it all and put all their support behind a pedophile of all things. History will look back at the people who helped enable this with scorn...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would not advice to deactive your Twitter. Show the world what kind of dumbfnck you were contributing to the big tech for years.

I do my part. My name is Dumbass on a mainstream website called ATS that only allows new sign ups using credentials from profiles made at the same big tech companies.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Evil communists! How on earth is a President supposed to talk to people without Twitter?

You need to send your quad copter up. Your face is going to get splinters from the tree. We are trying to be patient with you. Try shaking Leviathon off your neck. It appears to be doing a death twirl on you.

We cant help you. You need to break free yourself

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

originally posted by: okrian

A private corporation is usurping the role of gate keeper in communication between the American people and their elected President.

Sad times in the world.

Capitalism is as capitalism does. So he has to communicate the same way the rest of the presidents have for the past 80 years? So much for the whole 'gate keeper' agenda. Sorry, but the fascist 'government control' approach isn't gonna work. It's not everyone else's fault that conservatives have totally abandoned their values all for the sake of one ego-ridden clown.

True. However Democrats had not values to begin with. Race you to the bottom.

You'll have to find a Democrat to race then. I don't really align well the center-right corporatist Dems here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, at least it's not happening just to Conservatives now.

This is interesting:

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
·
8h
Twitter is now coming for the left. Red Scare podcast and Anna Khachiyan have been suspended.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
So how do you hear from the presidents office when media refuses to broadcast meetings and they're not allowed to speak on the internet.

Tell me oh wise one, never said Trump, but the office of presidency.

Trump just happens to be filling that role, unfortunately you will ignore the meat and attack the T.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Well, at least it's not happening just to Conservatives now.

This is interesting:

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
·
8h
Twitter is now coming for the left. Red Scare podcast and Anna Khachiyan have been suspended.

HAHAHAHAHA CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!! hahahahaha!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian
Liar, left through and through.

Either that or a fascist.

Playing the "I'm neither side, but # Republicans" is dead. You killed it.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I can't believe how everybody seems to think freedom of speech is being restricted by any of these platforms...

If you borrow somebodies megaphone to get your message across, it might happen they'll ask for their megaphone back.

The only perceived power these platforms have is the power you gave 'm.

I don't rely too much on twitter, I got no Facebook. I use ATS, and for a long time now I am very used to the fact that if members step outside the terms and conditions this site has set, you'll get banned.

Seen some good members go and sometimes even questioned ATS for banning some but at the end of the day, it's their call. freedom of speech is restricted here for a reason.

The most powerful man on Earth has all the means to his disposal to communicate with his people but somehow relies on Twitter to get his message across...something doesn't quite add up....it's like he needs this fight.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Sad times in the world.

I’m not taking a pro, or anti Trump stance with this question, it’s merely to demonstrate (or at least propose) that there are no absolutes - even ‘free speech’ just might have limits... My question is:

If you had a time machine and could block lines of communication between Hitler and the German people throughout the 1930s and beyond, would you block him?

Again, I’m not comparing Trump to Hitler, so please don’t unleash on me for that. I’m questioning whether free speech is always an absolutely unquestionable right. In principle I like to think that it is. But in reality I’d block Hitler’s lines of communication in a heartbeat.

So, surely anyone that would close Hitler down to prevent millions dying can’t really use the ‘free speech’ argument to support Trump. Instead, tough choices need to be made somewhere down the line by someone. It’s farrrr from perfect, but it’s a reality, because if not Trump then they’ll be others that want to use free speech to incite hate for their own gain.

It’s one of society’s fundamental paradoxes. Paradoxes are not best dealt with using mantras and dogmas that mustn’t be questioned.

edit on 10-1-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm not surprised President Reject Trump has had his Twitter shut down, [leaving some members in here crying salty tears, as it's the only source they use], he's a dangerous man right now.

I had a look for this story and found this

The news of the president’s Twitter shutdown came after it emerged that he wanted to march to the US Capitol with his supporters on Wednesday, where the House and Senate were meeting to certify the Electoral College votes.

But advisers reportedly told Mr Trump “no”, according to people briefed on the discussions, The New Times reported.

Mr Trump also reportedly wanted the National Guard brought in so they could hold off anti-Trump counter-protesters who might turn up.

Instead the National Guard had to be called in on Wednesday to assist other law enforcement agencies in removing pro-Trump rioters from Capitol grounds. Reports indicated Mr Trump pushed back initially on sending additional help for Capitol Police once the situation deteriorated.

in The Independent.

And, more good news Powell and Flynn have also been booted from the platform (but don't worry Trump fans, I'm sure the Kraken will be here any minute now, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, no sorry I just had wind).

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

If you had a time machine and could block lines of communication between Hitler and the German people throughout the 1930s and beyond, would you block him?

that's actually a very good question. My first thought is that without Hitler showing us what the true face of Evil looks like, we would never truly know just how bad absolute evil could be. Others have tried, but pale in comparison to Adolph.
So to remove his means of communication may have hampered his reign, but it would have left that vacuum there for someone else to fill.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

If we don't stand for something, we will fall for anything.- Aaron Tippin. (not sure if that's exact quote, but still holds true)

I think this could be a constructive thread on it's own.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The left censors and controls. The right BSes and manipulates. I think Trumpers and Democrats are all a bunch of idiots (in regards to politics and society).

Trump people chose this war as much as the Democrats did. They're both zealots and it's hard to care that Trump cheerleaders are being banned by big tech.

edit on 10-1-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

How's it feel this morning? Parlar gone....the others in days to follow.

Hey! He can build his own facilities, rockets to launch com satts, build towers etc...and it may work.

Not as long as those things....all belong...to anyone else

You guys ain't thinkin'!
edit on 10-1-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

And...no one cares

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
I do my part. My name is Dumbass on a mainstream website called ATS that only allows new sign ups using credentials from profiles made at the same big tech companies.

Say it ain't so? Is ATS really one of those sites you can sign up to if you have Facebook, Google or Outlook?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
I can't believe how everybody seems to think freedom of speech is being restricted by any of these platforms...

If you borrow somebodies megaphone to get your message across, it might happen they'll ask for their megaphone back.

The only perceived power these platforms have is the power you gave 'm.

I don't rely too much on twitter, I got no Facebook. I use ATS, and for a long time now I am very used to the fact that if members step outside the terms and conditions this site has set, you'll get banned.

Seen some good members go and sometimes even questioned ATS for banning some but at the end of the day, it's their call. freedom of speech is restricted here for a reason.

The most powerful man on Earth has all the means to his disposal to communicate with his people but somehow relies on Twitter to get his message across...something doesn't quite add up....it's like he needs this fight.

Peace

when they are democrats or they agree with their politics,they essentially ARE members of the civilian government and it could be argued they are a arm of the democratic government,same as the news media,who also should be hit by the FCC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join