It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trip Down Memory Lane or How I Learned to Hate Ds and Rs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I can't find the words to express how disgusted I am at those who thought storming the Capitol was the right thing to do. I was equally disgusted at the behavior from the other side 4 years ago.

I've been an Independent for about 25 years now, and as the decade's roll by, my decision to abandon both parties has been reinforced over and over again. Being a member of either party is lazy and means people are not paying attention. It means some very bad people are telling you what to think and what to believe, and to believe it blindly. It means you have fallen for the messages of hate they spew to keep the country divided, so you can be controlled like marionettes dangling from their strings.

Now for that walk down memory lane to four years ago. Hillary Clinton supporters on Inauguration Day.

Since that time we have been bombarded with riots, looters and arsonists protesting. My point? Both sides have willingly allowed themselves to be pawns.

Keep hating each other at your own peril. Sadly Democrats and Republicans are destroying things not just for them, but for those who are sane among us as well. Yes, the radical Left and the radical Right are only a tiny percentage of both parties, but they are being allowed to take control, and even encouraged by the power-mad elected officials from both parties, who don't care if they destroy the country, as long as they keep power.

For shame.

edit on 1/9/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Extremists from both sides, not willing to consider the other’s side, it’s a ridiculous formula. One we have seen time and time again.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm an independent who's a libertarian if a gun is put to my head so someone can "understand" my leanings.

I dislike anyone who's willing to force their views on me, and that doesn't stop at politics, but any ideology.

I'm used to being unhappy about how elections turn out, it's all I know. But I just continue on with life, because it's rare national elections have a meaningful impact on my day to day life. Life felt and went about pretty much the same under Bush, Obama, and Trump.

I'll continue to weigh on things by an issue by issue basis beholden to no party or ideology.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yay!!!

So, what's your point, God?

And, how do you propose to fix it....God?

Careful. Things aren't as easy as they seem....God!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There's no fixing how people believe.

It will play itself out.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yay!!!

Actually, my point is pretty clear, your's is not?

My point is that farts smell the same whether they come from the Right or the Left. Both the Right and Left are seemingly unable to smell their own waste products.
edit on 1/9/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The only way to make intelligent decisions is to weigh each issue independently. It's certainly not to just let a party tell you what to support and not support. Party Platforms are traps.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The adults in the room must step up.

Hate is growing.

Show the kids it’s ok.

Winning an election is one thing.

Leading a fractured Nation might prove more difficult.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The adults in the room must step up.

There are no adults in Washington, there are two siblings seeing who can out tantrum each other. Their reasoning is literally "they started it".

The don't feel they have to attone for their actions, as it's "justified" whenever their ilk do something. They wrap it in fallacy and present it as noble.

We're the only ones who can be adults. We have to starve these asshats out of any position... From either party.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
And the neighborhood kids are watching and wonder why they have to behave.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lol wrong thread
edit on 9-1-2021 by samuelsson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There's no fixing how people believe.
It will play itself out.

The truth fixes everything.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yay!!!So, what's your point, God?

We are not the whole of God just parts, but those parts elected by us as representatives are supposed to lead us through uncertain times. They lack courage and integrity to do so, at least they are named and recognized as the total failure they are.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Yay!!!

My point is that farts smell the same whether they come from the Right or the Left. Both the Right and Left are seemingly unable to smell their own waste products.

OF course you are technically correct

But also in the grand scheme wrong in my opinion

I’ll put it like this

Under 4 years of trump, was ats ever in jeopardy or ceasing to exist because of political pressure?

Well if ats is taken down because the corrupt establishment that wanted to bury trump decided we are all extremist, at least you can take comfort in the mantra “both sides suck”

edit on 9-1-2021 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

from 1980 to 2016 i use to say that i thought dems and pubs were controlled by the same people.
every cycle the dems would get one set of issues they would run on and the pubs another. the the PTB would watch who won what and where and the margins that they won by and then they would see what they could get away with.

the reaction by all candidates in 2016 to trump running and then when he actually won and the way both sides reacted just solidified my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Yay!!!

It's funny how people from either party react in the same way you have when they get called out for falling for the plans of The Psychopathic Powers That Be. Y'all go HEAVY on the whole "well how would you solve it you GENIUS" card because your ego can't handle the fact you were fooled once more. Humans are so easily manipulated and predictible when it comes to things of the ego.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Yay!!!

OF course you are technically correct

But also in the grand scheme wrong in my opinion

I’ll put it like this

Under 4 years of trump, was ats ever in jeopardy or ceasing to exist because of political pressure?

Well if ats is taken down because the corrupt establishment that wanted to bury trump decided we are all extremist, at least you can take comfort in the mantra “both sides suck”

None of those things, and things similar, were going to be allowed to happen under Trump because he is the controlled opposition after all. Had he done anything out of the ordinary before 2020, you all would have opened your eyes and seen that he's just following a script and playing a role, just like Biden. You all decided to ignore the fact he initiated Operation WarpSpeed and that he became #1 Vaccine Lover, with the number #2 being Biden right behind.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm not a fan of big tech, or MSM... I do my best not to support/consume either. I don't have a Facebook, I don't use Twitter, and I don't watch TV, much less any of the entertainment media passed off as news.

But political pressure is coming from a bunch of dudes who just stormed the Capitol.

I don't want new laws to deal with what happened, the current ones carry hefty punishment, that will suffice. I don't want big tech to continue to dilude discourse (and frankly, I'd rather people talk right in the open so I have an idea of what's going on and popular sentiment)

But our rights are going to be pushed on because these guys thought they could do anything they wanted under the veil of patriotism.

Trump denounced them. He then said he would help a peaceful transition of power. It goes to show those who did what they did (hopefully a one time thing) represented a minority opinion in America right now. So it's unfair for them to force their will on the rest of us. And in a country that has been exhibiting death by a thousand cuts on our rights, they may have just given reason to deliver a blow.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

We are all on this crazy train now.

2020 was practice.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Yay!!!

It's like you believe you can debate with God.

Anyway, God has been giving guidance for free for more than 2000 years. We don't listen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join