It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether you are left or right, raise your hand if you think America is in real trouble.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The number of people who want to drastically change America is quite small but made to seem a majority simply by repetition from the media. We are letting less than 5% of the people tell the other95% how everything will be - all in the name of "democracy" and "inclusiveness". Stand firm, bs is bs and everyone needs to call it out.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You will love Mallorca, Spain. Check it out. Stay away from palma and you will be happy-

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: ketsuko

For the first time I'm considering selling my house here in Phoenix, my property in Northern Arizona, and cashing in my 401k early and taking the hit
and just leaving the US
I'm having a hard time finding a reason to continue being a part of this country

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I'm having a hard time finding a reason to continue being a part of this country

Totally hear that. Would love to expatriate; have daydreamed of it for decades.

Right now I'd settle for simply not continuing to live in this DEEP RED part of the country.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The number of people who want to drastically change America is quite small but made to seem a majority simply by repetition from the media.

Okay....can you elaborate on that point? I am not certain I understand.

We are letting less than 5% of the people tell the other95% how everything will be - all in the name of "democracy" and "inclusiveness". Stand firm, bs is bs and everyone needs to call it out.

Again, no disrespect, but how would you imagine it being best solved? What should happen now? What should the regular people do now that others have become insurgents?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The two predominate sides of the US are at each other’s throats so to speak. The MSM and social media groups continue to stir the pot. Unless there is some kind of pressure release, this will not end well for either side or the sitting politicians. You cannot stop 1 million determined people who feel like their country was stolen from them and it does not matter what rhetoric you spout on Twitter, Facebook or ATS from the other side.

They are not listening anymore.

What did you think was going to happen? Did you think the Republican people would go all limp like the politicians they elected? Or simply protest and loot a Best Buy? No. They went straight to the source in large enough numbers that had they wanted to burn it to the ground they could have.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

People of opposing views don't talk to each other anymore. They don't even talk at each other like they were doing six months ago. Now they talk past each other.

I can see this Des. Not all of course but many. We seem to have less discussion with opposing views and to much what come might like to call, debate. But even that is not debate. Debate should revolve around bringing more and more information into the debate but what we see is just mimicking previous points of argument.

For instance this that is thrown around all to lightly. ''You are brainwashed by the MSM.'' What hokum. This is frequently tossed out as a point of debate to people who have heavily attended to this web forum for in some cases more than a decade. I mean what's the point of even discussing with crap like that let alone having and honest debate.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

well , since I will be semi-retired, with 10 years to wait until I can collect Social securty, I was thinking about a more inexpensive destination. Spain and , as the other fellow suggested , New Zealand are great countries, but I will hve to make my cash last for a decade. So I was thinking Costa Rica, or maybe the Phillipines

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hand raised from up here on the border.

Yup, worst I've seen it in my lifetime. Since Reagan....

It's Global though.

Same crap going on here too

Conservative purge 1.0 underway globally...

edit on 1/9/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just finishing up my house in the country, and honestly tempted to go ahead and sell when we close. Cost to build is 525, appraisal is just over 750. Just would need to find a buyer and cash out my 401k. I fit the criteria to legally emigrate from the US to any country in the world. I'd like to wait things out for a bit, but I really don't want to wait so long that we miss that window.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Just finishing up my house in the country, and honestly tempted to go ahead and sell when we close. Cost to build is 525, appraisal is just over 750. Just would need to find a buyer and cash out my 401k. I fit the criteria to legally emigrate from the US to any country in the world. I'd like to wait things out for a bit, but I really don't want to wait so long that we miss that window.

Don't let them drive you out, man.

Enjoy your new house and stick it to them with success.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The greatest nation on Earth, the USA, created by White, European males, will never be what it was.

The change promised by Barrack Obama has ruined this country.

Trying to treat everyone as equals and giving them seats at the table led to this downfall.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I think people are being played and falling for the long con.

I think the best thing peopke can do right now is to stay away from the internet. Take an internet vacation and reground themselves in their reality of family, and immediate community.

They need to build trust in themselves so they will not succumb to the influences of others.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The number of people who want to drastically change America is quite small but made to seem a majority simply by repetition from the media. We are letting less than 5% of the people tell the other95% how everything will be - all in the name of "democracy" and "inclusiveness". Stand firm, bs is bs and everyone needs to call it out.

Very well-said, thanks ATA

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

The greatest nation on Earth, the USA,

Why do you actually believe that ?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

The greatest nation on Earth, the USA, created by White, European males, will never be what it was.

Trying to treat everyone as equals and giving them seats at the table led to this downfall.

You want white European males to stay in charge?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Weird how everything goes to # when they aren't, right?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's always darkest before the dawn.

Yeah, we're in trouble. We've been in trouble. And it ain't gonna fix itself. It ain't going to get fixed with pity parties. It ain't gonna get fixed with petty name calling and bickering. And it sure as hell ain't gonna get fixed by the ones who broke it!!!

I'm not counting Trump out. I don't think Trump is "done" for one minute. I'm not giving up on the USA. I'm not giving up on truth, justice and the American way. I'm not giving up on my friends, family, neighbors or any of my fellow Americans.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm not dead yet. So I'm obviously not done yet.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I plan to enjoy it for as long as I can, but those of us with the means to get out once things start going tits up are going to start leaving. This isn't going to be like "If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada" and nothing happens, It will be an exodus of the contributors to society who don't want to see it fall. Some will fight to keep it, some don't think it can be fought for, and some don't think it's worth fighting for any longer. I fall into the second one, but am leaning toward the third. I am lucky enough to have a job that has a global presence, so I can stay with the same company and just move if need be.

When the real middle and upper-middle class jump ship, I feel for the ones that can't get out. The ones that want to stay because they think it's going well, I feel for them too.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I wonder what White Europeans running Europe say to your "discussions" 😃

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What's wrong with white European males? Asking for your racist friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join