It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether you are left or right, raise your hand if you think America is in real trouble.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I can't remember ever being this scared for my country. Even 9-11 doesn't compare to the yawning abyss we are looking into.

I am going to try to keep this non-partisan (an almost impossible task these days with anything). So I think that whether you are liberal or conservative you should be able to see the entire dashboard blinking madly with "situation critical" lights.

People of opposing views don't talk to each other anymore. They don't even talk at each other like they were doing six months ago. Now they talk past each other.

The name of the game has not been to "convince" for several years at least. Until quite recently, the game was to "shout louder". Now the game is to completely shut down the other side.

The tenor of discourse is the barometer of our unravelling.

On the right you have people talking about succession from the union. On the left you have CNN trying to get Fox banned from the airwaves. How can either side stomach their own actions?

What happens next? How far over the cliff can we lean before we all go tumbling over?

We are really twisting in the wind now.

Bet you never thought a month ago you'd feel nostalgic for 2020 one week into the new year...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Husband and I had that talk just this morning.

He's been thinking about looking for a different job, and I told him if he finds one that looks good and it's abroad ... do it. I said it would have to be right price, right place, but even so, the benefits of living in the US are about to rapidly become nothing.

But we feel like the next couple of months will tell us a lot.
edit on 9-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm not left or right and I've been thinking how the country is screwed for years. That's why I got myself one of those foreigners to be my wife.
edit on 9 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If “bad” is still the opposite of “good” and the definitions aren’t suddenly “fluid” then yeah... this country is totally screwed no matter where the chips fall at this point... the “slippery slope” turned into a ditch and we were all handed a shovel and told to “start digging”... at the rate we’re going China will have a tunnel right into the heart of what used to be the greatest nation on earth... all good things must end I suppose...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Sure. The last time America was in so much danger was 1860.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
When the conversation stops, the bullets start.

Censorship is a reality.

Draw your own conclusion.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
July 4th will never be the same 😧

The next 90 days will be like no 90 days ever before 😧

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sorry, but Independence Day will be canceled this year. And all subsequent years.

It offended the British.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I expect a power struggle with the Dems.

They fought Obama’s first term and got little done.

Both parties suck.

To answer your question. Yes, we’re in trouble.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

For the first time I'm considering selling my house here in Phoenix, my property in Northern Arizona, and cashing in my 401k early and taking the hit
and just leaving the US
I'm having a hard time finding a reason to continue being a part of this country

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Conservative voices all across America are being banned from the monopolistic big tech platforms...not just Trump, but commentators, influencers and regular folk - by the thousands. This silencing of the voices of the masses is accelerating at an incredible pace.

Congress just accepted fraudulent slates of electors from multiple States which had sent letters to Congress asking them to give more time to review what they considered to be invalid elector selections.

Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, almost all Democrats - and many Republicans in Congress pushed for the 25th Amendment ouster (with obviously no grounds) of a sitting President, and will now introduce articles of impeachment to try to ensure that Trump cannot run again in 2024 (thus disenfranchising his 75 million plus voting-age supporters).

The President elect (the head of the Biden crime syndicate) just compared two U.S. Senators who raised objections to the Elector slates of some States to Nazis.

A growing list of Countries, or at least their intelligence services, seem to have been involved in an elaborate vote switching scheme...Italy, Germany, Spain, China, Iran, England and others...this is big news internationally, but is nearly blacked out in America.

I could go on...so, yeah, America is in real trouble.

Unless there is an 11th hour surprise in store, welcome to the dawn of the Peoples Republic of America.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
The name of the game has not been to "convince" for several years at least. Until quite recently, the game was to "shout louder". Now the game is to completely shut down the other side.

Oppression is easy. Liberty takes work.

It's obvious what direction this goes.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Looking from the outside: Things clearly don't bode well for the future. US democracy has been seriously damaged because it is clear that there was an election coup.
For Nancy Pelosi to state that Trump was unhinged (good one coming from her - evil) and make reference to the Nuclear codes etc was a disgrace and it is she that should be whipped from congress!
US has an outsider outgoing POTUS who commands more support that the Republican party which may have implications for the future.
Agree that the next 90 days will be interesting.

I think Trump is the best President the US has ever had in terms of, for the people, the nation and its economy!!! And the way he has been treated by the democrats, Pelosi etc is disgusting and her recent comments merit the guillotine!!

edit on 9-1-2021 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

good luck mate

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

come to new zealand mate no snakes and civil politicians
by civil i mean boring as hell

edit on 9-1-2021 by Steveogold because: needed to add a bit

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If you are currently single and go looking for your ticket to foreign citizenship. My fate is tied to Japan. I recommend marrying a woman from the PRC given how they appear on the fast track to become top dog. I think that will give you a good future. Like hedging your bets between home and your escape country.

Although China may not be for everyone. I know that I don't do anything already that would get me hauled off to a Chinese prison.
edit on 9 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sorry, but Independence Day will be canceled this year. And all subsequent years.

It offended the British.

We are more than happy you are independent.

We would hate to be associated with the mess you are in.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think you all will be surprised when things get unexpectedly better. Then, just when you start to feel safe and get used to wellness, you'll be surprised again with a level of devastation never saw before.

What can you do about it ?

Ignoring God is stupid and arrogant and leads to self destruction. Your choice.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Flip a coin... heads: divorce, tails: murder. Those are the only two options forward right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join