It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump's Speech Did NOT Incite the Violence in Wash D.C. This Week.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And you are assigning meaning to his words that he did not intend. If we hold his words as being simply as you describe, then why did he not go with them. Why did he say ''we'' will walk to the capital and ''I will go with you'' and all the other crap. If he intended it to be peaceful, why was the ''leader'' not marching with them and standing before the Halls of Congress demanding to be heard?

link   
one point people seem to not realize is that seditious speech is not illegal in the manner that took place, its only a crime if there's an imminent threat of violence, as in if trump was leading a crowd and directing their actions in person. charges of sedation from a speech are a violation of the first amendment, sure their actions were wrong and unjustifiable but people are going overboard with these sedation accusations.

link   
I believe they were there to take hostages and have mock trials.

They got inside and there were no hostages to be taken, except police. Not their usual target.

So no, there was no burning or much looting, but that really isn't why they were there. That wasn't the point they were trying to make. Their intentions were even more nefarious.

a reply to: dug88

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: elementalgrove

After the mob did their business at The Capitol, Trump said " he loved them "

The next day Trump disowned them.

No fool like an old fool.

Trump praised his supporters. the ones what didn't do any violence.

he condemned the violent people in the crowd (unknown how many were supporters and how many were antifa or other troublemakers).

btw, the Capitol is open to the public.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That makes no sense from my post to you so I'm done here.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Their intentions were even more nefarious.

Ah so you are a psychic that can read the minds of the people inside the building?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You're blind. Trump incited violence over the last few weeks and at that rally. And I never said you couldn't think for yourself, did I? No.

I said that YOU SAID people were saying Trump is at fault for EVERYTHING. Well sir, that's a lie, and I pointed it out. Don't be mad at the messenger. Try denying ignorance. Including what happened on Wednesday.

a reply to: JinMI

edit on 9-1-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I am not bothering with this, your hypothetical about how I feel, does not change the current reality. My point is what your saying happened is not true, how you feel about that I don’t care, but your belief of reality is not the truth, I also, do not agree with how you and those like you are doing everything in your power, to skew the truth from reality by censoring those telling the truth. If it was up to you everyone would agree with the lie your telling..

So let’s keep it civil, and not personal it’s your message not mine, you take responsibility for it not me.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What were the plastic handcuff's for.?

Who brings those to a rally?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh boy are you ignoring a whole lot here. I mean let’s ignore the fact that he said “We love you, you’re very special” whilst rioters ravaged the Capitol, and hours before he changed his mind and called them what they are; intruders, violent rioters who will pay.

And let’s ignore the fact that Guiliani told the rally to resolve this via “Trial by combat”.

But Trump ended his rally by telling the crowd to head on down to the Capitol and help “weak Republicans” to take back our country.

In context with the weeks and weeks of conspiracy driven rhetoric, exactly how did he think it would end?

It ended with 5 dead, a heap of property damage, “protestors” showing up with pipe bombs, Molotov’s and fully automatic weapons, brutalised police (turns out Blue Lives never mattered), journalists being assaulted, ex-military in paramilitary clothing hunting for Senators with handcuffs.

I mean honestly - if your only defence for this is “but BLM and Antifa are violent too” then yikes, I don’t think there’ll ever be a way to convince you how insane this is.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
You're blind. Trump incited violence over the last few weeks and at that rally. And I never said you couldn't think for yourself, did I? No.

I said that YOU SAID people were saying Trump is at fault for EVERYTHING. Well sir, that's a lie, and I pointed it out. Don't be mad at the messenger. Try denying ignorance. Including what happened on Wednesday.

a reply to: JinMI

Blind as I may be, I'm not deaf nor dumb.

So, you can go ahead and put in print for me exactly the words used to cause the events last Tuesday. Not what you or believe to have inferred from them.

Now to the comment I made on the first page, I used hyperbolic MSM speak to accentuate how this and every subsequent Trump topic will go.

Blaming Trump for every failure of govt past, present and future.

It was easy to observe hyperbole that is common among all media outlets.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeusInAbsentia

I love you, you're special.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I believe they were there to take hostages and have mock trials.

They got inside and there were no hostages to be taken, except police. Not their usual target.

So no, there was no burning or much looting, but that really isn't why they were there. That wasn't the point they were trying to make. Their intentions were even more nefarious.

So, thought crimes...

Interesting position. How long until you are tried in court for a thought crime?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
That makes no sense from my post to you so I'm done here.

Yes, it does. You said because of Trump's job the laws are applied differently to him, whereby he may not call for a peaceful protest but other people are allowed to.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

My guess would be hostages, but you'd have to ask the small number of people actually caught with them what their intentions were. I'm guessing they're probably the same people leading the charge into the building.

Unless of course, they were just being handed out to everyone like party favours or something...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DeusInAbsentia

I love you, you're special.

It's ok if you say it. You have First Amendment Rights but Trump doesn't. The government is allowed to retaliate and chill his rights with threats of impeachment.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that when Trump stood in front of that crowd that he had no idea there were criminals in it? Are we to suppose that it was all mothers with babes in arms that he saw before him? Gross comparison I know.

But I agree with you to an extent. I did see lot's of peaceful people walking to the capital. I also saw lots of peaceful people standing back while the mayhem was going on in front of them I also saw plenty of peaceful people pulling back and walking away rather than ascending the Capital steps and into that frothing mayhem. And yes, I also saw semi-peaceful people walking calmly between those velvet cords and meandering around a thrashed House floor.

So did he incite those ''peaceful people"? No, in that you are correct. But there were others who were not peaceful and those are the ones who took his words to be forceful and strong to the next level. Are we to believe that Trump is so stupid so lacking in understanding that he did not know that there would be people like that listening to him? Are we?

He has told us he is a genius with a very capable brain. Has he had no understanding of mob violence or mob mentality? It's not as if there were not enough examples of it from last summer. Are we to believe that with all that past mob violence that he, after picking the best and the brightest'' to be his counselors that no one, NO ONE gave him any idea of the power of being in a mob?

So what is it, incitement or stupidity.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: elementalgrove

After the mob did their business at The Capitol, Trump said " he loved them "

The next day Trump disowned them.

No fool like an old fool.

Trump praised his supporters. the ones what didn't do any violence.

he condemned the violent people in the crowd (unknown how many were supporters and how many were antifa or other troublemakers).

btw, the Capitol is open to the public.

Trumps own words.

These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long," Trump wrote in a message that was later deleted by Twitter. He added, "Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!

wjla.com...
edit on 9-1-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Obviously this fringe group, has no idea what they are cheering on. We all condone the protest on the capital building we all agree it’s wrong, but falling into the trap of blaming trump, and even going as far as saying he ordered it, is called a trap.

We see already the calls for civil liberties to be removed FROM all citizens by the way not just evil republicans it will even effect the smarter enlightened chosen ones... The democrats.

It’s happening before our eyes. Now is the time for the people to unite, not fight and argue with each other. What do I know thou, I am just outside looking in I guess.
edit on 9-1-2021 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Inciting a riot applies to a person who organizes, encourages, or participates in a riot. It can apply to one who urges or instigates others to riot. According to 18 USCS § 2102 "to incite a riot", or "to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot", includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join