It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley Likens Trump Twitter Suspension to Act of Communism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Lol the revolutionary war was a freaking war for independence yes it was treason, that started the war yea know the Declaration of Independence. Imagine that as a matter a fact that was before republicans and democrats etc. too bad we have polarized tribe thought these days since I believe what is happening at the moment is a threat a concern for all Americans regardless of political affiliation. Sadly we are being divided and conquered.
edit on 9-1-2021 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: JAGStorm

Also as soon as Parlor was shut down everyone was back on FB squaking.

How is Parler shut down? I can still access it.

It's not. It was down last night most likely because of the exodus from twitter causing an influx of new users trying to register.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

On the funny side of Trumps twitter ban?
Imagine the shock his twitter haters are coming too who have spent the last 4 years screaming at him on the daily!
I hope the mental health professionals are on stand by.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: jimmyx
here's a thought to the trumpers...quit advocating the overthrow of our government...maybe people might want to listen to conservative views if you do...

Your version of "overthrowing" the government is hysterically wrong. That's not what this was but I don't expect you or anyone else thinking the same to understand that. Overthrowing our government would be eliminating our Constitution and our three branches. None of that is happening or will happen unless Democrats tear it down in pieces which they've been trying to do for seventy years.

of course "overthrowing" the government was what trump tried to do...he lost the election, but said he didn't, he tried every legal way to prove that. he wasn't able to, so he chose to stage a coup, his supporters got 5 people killed, dozens arrested, threatened lawmakers and capitol workers with death, tens of thousands in damages to our congressional building...then there are the pipebombs planted at the RNC and DNC headquarters, cars around the capitol that were found to have homemade bombs in them....
you trump tards got suckered big time, and you can't admit it....by the way trump is walking away with 200 million in donations AFTER he lost the election...you guys are the biggest suckers to come along in awhile
edit on 9-1-2021 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

here's a thought to the trumpers...quit advocating the overthrow of our government...maybe people might want to listen to conservative views if you do...

LMAO
I have yet to come across any Liberal that will have a meaningful, productive discussion about conservative views.
Always within 5 minutes it devolves into a screeching hissy fit, you guys are emotionally unstable.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Imagine the shock his twitter haters are coming too who have spent the last 4 years screaming at him on the daily!
I hope the mental health professionals are on stand by.

LOL ... it'd almost be like ATS suddenly disappearing on US.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I applaud the fact you've put a lot of thought into your response, thank you for that.

Trouble is though, it's still a private company that can choose not to allow people to participate. A shop does not legally have to allow you to shop there - all there is to it.

But you clearly then show you only don't like this because it's against Trump. If a sitting president not only encourages his followers to believe falsehoods but then incites them towards violence, I can understand why they would feel an obligation not to allow him to use their services as a platform.

Then you start talking about covid myths. Misinformation (which is what you are really talking about) is something a social media platform can also choose to not allow to be distributed using its services.

Not sure what you think the real issue is really, you want the media to stifle things you don't like, but amplify the things you do?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Your version of "overthrowing" the government is hysterically wrong. That's not what this was but I don't expect you or anyone else thinking the same to understand that. Overthrowing our government would be eliminating our Constitution and our three branches. None of that is happening or will happen unless Democrats tear it down in pieces which they've been trying to do for seventy years.

of course "overthrowing" the government was what trump tried to do...he lost the election, but said he didn't, he tried every legal way to prove that. he wasn't able to, so he chose to stage a coup, his supporters got 5 people killed, dozens arrested, threatened lawmakers and capitol workers with death, tens of thousands in damages to our congressional building...then there are the pipebombs planted at the RNC and DNC headquarters, cars around the capitol that were found to have homemade bombs in them....
you trump tards got suckered big time, and you can't admit it....by the way trump is walking away with 200 million in donations AFTER he lost the election.....you guys are the biggest suckers to come along in awhile

If I were you, I would reserve my judgement about anyone being suckers until I saw how fast Joe and Commie-La are going to fail.
It’s going to happen, Joe has been a corrupt failure his entire political career.
And anyone that believes that they won without any cheating taking place is a rube.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: uncommitted

So then obviously there were plenty of politicians banned when they encouraged ongoing riots, right?

I don't remember that timeline, perhaps you could refresh my memory?

I'll refresh your memory - read my post.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: alldaylong

Or want...😛

America has colonial territory - did you know that?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Snarl

Nikki Haley Likens Trump Twitter Suspension to Act of Communism

That word has lost all meaning due to people like Haley using it as an insult against everything. There used to be conservative arguments, people making good points against arguments. Now there is just a blanket charge of communism, against any and everything.

Seems the days of thinking conservatives are long gone, if they ever really existed.

so you are in favor of not allowing any conservative opinions to be shared via social media?

Why don't you follow the advice you always end up giving on your own OPs and stick to the OP?

Trump has incited and glorified in mob law - or attempted to - on social media and got shut down for it. What's that to do with shutting down any conservative opinions?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: onthedownlow

The corrupt government labeled them as terrorists and tried to crush them.

You do realise the majority of colonists wanted nothing to do with the revolution ?

So 56 men pushed Great Britain back into the ocean? Many colonists were afraid to throw off their yokes for the fear of what might happen, yet they ultimately claimed their liberty. Forget not that Britain was the prevalent super power at the tjme

I think the majority of American voters have just done the same to Trump and a lot of people are sulking about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

When did he do that?

I did not hear him say or read him say in a tweet to storm the capital. This is the problem, the people of America are facing. We have a opposing political party using big tech social media corporations to assist in creating a narrative that suits them.

It is convenient, to take all criticism from the election now and put it upon the president of the United States. How stupid are these people?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

They don't care about what actually happened, people only like the facts that make their feelz center light up.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well that’s not intelligent, and it also does not make it right, it’s also dangerous in a country that is free.
edit on 9-1-2021 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: JAGStorm
#2 Is anything in world preventing conservatives from starting their own social media sites?

Hm....

The last thought in my OP?

Exactly, it’s is not owned by them, it was merely an app.

That’s like me owning a house and letting you rent a room.
Honey, you need to get your own house!

Fair, but you're gonna have to pay full property tax and insurance now that you're selectively renting, if at all.

No more tax break

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

you trump tards got suckered big time, and you can't admit it....by the way trump is walking away with 200 million in donations AFTER he lost the election.....you guys are the biggest suckers to come along in awhile

If I were you, I would reserve my judgement about anyone being suckers until I saw how fast Joe and Commie-La are going to fail.
It’s going to happen, Joe has been a corrupt failure his entire political career.
And anyone that believes that they won without any cheating taking place is a rube.

joe has been a corrupt failure his entire political career.....irony much?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

intelligence isn't looked upon how it once was.

Dont try to think for yourself, those in charge will give you the correct opinions to have.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So happy to see lefties embrace the old "it's a private company they can do what they want."

Guess this means you don't need to make gay cakes for weddings you don't agree with. Hell all conservatives should just start putting up signs at their bussiness "conservatives only."

You see any pink/purple or green hair, skinny jeans or people that look suspiciously skinny fat at the same time you just kick them straight out your door and tell them never to come back.

If 2020 has taught you anything it's that big tech companies can shun half their customers and still do well.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It isn't quite that simple...they are literally shutting down every avenue to even make starting an different service possible.

Start your own company... Fine.

But wait... now we won't carry it in the Apple store. Fine.

But Wait... now we take it down from Google store. Fine.

But wait... now we pressure ISPs to cut your service. ...

It never ends...

Well isn't that what they wanted??????????????????????
Be careful what you ask for, because you'll get it.
Some on the right have very short term memories.. Who is Kavanaugh again?........Who pushed for him.
hmmm

arstechnica.com...

Trump’s Supreme Court pick: ISPs have 1st Amendment right to block websites

Judge: Like cable TV, ISPs “decide” which websites to transmit
Consumers generally expect ISPs to deliver Internet content in un-altered form. But Kavanaugh argued that ISPs are like cable TV operators—since cable TV companies can choose not to carry certain channels, Internet providers should be able to choose not to allow access to a certain website, he wrote.

Like I mentioned before, what is good for the Goose!! Honk Honk!
edit on 9-1-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join