It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley Likens Trump Twitter Suspension to Act of Communism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The reeeee around here today is amazing.

Maybe twitter is like a christian bakery and trump is a gay wedding.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: onthedownlow

The corrupt government labeled them as terrorists and tried to crush them.

You do realise the majority of colonists wanted nothing to do with the revolution ?

So 56 men pushed Great Britain back into the ocean? Many colonists were afraid to throw off their yokes for the fear of what might happen, yet they ultimately claimed their liberty. Forget not that Britain was the prevalent super power at the tjme

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

The corrupt government labeled them as terrorists and tried to crush them.

You do realise the majority of colonists wanted nothing to do with the revolution ?

So 56 men pushed Great Britain back into the ocean? Many colonists were afraid to throw off their yokes for the fear of what might happen, yet they ultimately claimed their liberty. Forget not that Britain was the prevalent super power at the tjme

The majority of colonists who wanted nothing to do with the revolution moved to Canada.

Facts are your friend.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ats bans people. lol

It's astounding how much the right whines.

Trump has collected millions recently, he's got a huge cash cow now, he needs to start his own platform so he can continue to rake in more. lol

I think of trump supporters the same way I think of the poor souls who'll give their last dime to some mega church so the leader can buy a huge jet. Suckers..

You all should demand he start a platform with all the money he's collected.

but, ya communism.. that's easier.

edit on 9-1-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
Ats bans people. lol

It's astounding how much the right whines.

Trump has collected millions recently, he's got a huge cash cow now, he needs to start his own platform so he can continue to rake in more. lol

I think of trump supporters the same way I think of the poor souls who'll give their last time to some mega church so the leader can buy a huge jet. Suckers..

You all should demand he start a platform with all the money he's collected.

but, ya communism.. that's easier.

What is even more astounding is how much the Left has whined and cried the last 4 years.
That is why we are at this point now.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Big Tech is your Master.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Lys ITS NOT MUH MASTER~

okay, stop using it.

link   
AMEN

originally posted by: HalWesten
What no one seems to be seeing is that we did just fine without platforms like MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, et al.

People have done far more damage to themselves and societies in general by using them. It has nothing to do with our rights, it has everything to do with our public behavior. And over the last ten years or so we've seen the results of that.

link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
The reeeee around here today is amazing.

Maybe twitter is like a christian bakery and trump is a gay wedding.

I want a feminist owned bakery to make a cake for my men’s only social club...

Cuz I like spit in my cake....

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Edumakated

I find it amazing that people can’t understand that simple concept.
Yeah, Twitter can ban someone. Whatever.
But when a tech company says you can’t put parler on their servers and then still allow tic tok....that’s an issue.

These companies are activity using selective censorship.

Exactly... and they hide behind hard to define terms like "inciting violence". Remember, the progressive left thinks any opinion they disagree with is violent speech. This is why JRod and other shills in this thread can't even point to a specific instance of Trump or other people inciting violence. On the other hand, we can sit here all day pulling up leftists on twitter (politicians included) promoting violence and aggressive behavior.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Also as soon as Parlor was shut down everyone was back on FB squaking.

How is Parler shut down? I can still access it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

Trump wanted to " silence " ANTIFA.

What goes around comes around.

When did Trump say that ❓😸

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's distressing anyone would actively work to silence others but part of freedom of speech and private owner ship is having the ability to limit what you want to hear on your own platform. As other have pointed out Facebook and twitter are private organizations, just like any others. Nike might not allow people to discuss how great addidas are and Churches don't have to let people come in and speak on the merits of Satanism.

As I see it the major issue is the rights lack of education. Tech is dominated by progressionists and capitalists because they are more comfortable with change and come from backgrounds where change and progress are vaunted. I'm not saying that's not the case on the right, but they are disproportionately accepted and taught on the left. The values on the right just due to the nature of conservatism tend to be slower to take to new things, and more reserved in the exploitation of new trends.

I know Americans don't see it but it's one of the reasons Europeans find it so funny when we claim left and right ideals, in the US we are all right of their center. Democrats/ the left are often more capitalistic than the right. If anything I hope this is a wake up call to those of a more conservative bent that they need to send their kids to college, to embrace change and new technologies early, and to invest rightly in their own communities and youth so that conservatives have not only the knowledge and manpower to create the platforms they need to express themselves freely but capital to actualize those needs. The worlds getting smaller and isolationism and xenophobia will kill off conservatism if it doesn't change and adapt to the times.
edit on 9-1-2021 by nemonimity because: spelling sere =/= see

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Again, how many apartments, with families still in inside, were set on fire this last wednesday?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
AND STOLE EVERYTHING FROM THE NATIVE INDIAN.

originally posted by:
alldaylong

What we have here is an act of treason

America was founded on an act of treason.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie
It's amazing how dense the left is, they cry, kick and burn buildings, but silence.

Companies being forced to follow ToS and their own T&C and suddenly cry babies.

Deplatform the left and you get faux women claiming faux rape.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
here's a thought to the trumpers...quit advocating the overthrow of our government...maybe people might want to listen to conservative views if you do...

Your version of "overthrowing" the government is hysterically wrong. That's not what this was but I don't expect you or anyone else thinking the same to understand that. Overthrowing our government would be eliminating our Constitution and our three branches. None of that is happening or will happen unless Democrats tear it down in pieces which they've been trying to do for seventy years.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
AND STOLE EVERYTHING FROM THE NATIVE INDIAN.

originally posted by:
alldaylong

Guess they should have put up a better fight.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
USA is a criminal entity that needs re-education by using Fema camps as its base.

originally posted by: RazorV66

Is that what is the matter here?
As a Brit, you are still hurt at what happened almost 250 years ago?

Just laying out " facts " Unless you think it's untrue.

It’s subjective.
Is it treason to attempt to free yourself from tyranny?

It's only tyranny in the eyes of Americans.

If you want to change things, the democratic process is the correct way.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the true democratic process here in the US has been compromised.
In more ways than one.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
George Washington was a red coat who turned against England. This is indeed treason.

Alldaylong is 100% correct.

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No... it was not.
The people living here were not British and had no obligation to follow British rule.
They also made no attempt to kill the king or overthrow the British government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join