It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats and CNN lobbying to ban conservative news from the airwaves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The law doesn't matter anymore.

They are trying to purge conservative thought from the internet and the airwaves.anywhere it is found it will be billed as seditious and shut down.

This is what you wanted. Don't recoil from it now.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

Why are you conflating conservatism with extremism and the promotion of disinformation?

Disinformation and presenting conspiracy theories as news and/or fact is not the calling card of conservatism.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They are trying to purge conservative thought from the internet and the airwaves.anywhere it is found it will be billed as seditious and shut down.

No. Conservatives are not fringe groups egging on insurrection and overturning a certified election.

Conservatives are passionately "status quo".

You're all trying to normalize insurrection and calls for violence as conservative ideals. They're not.

edit on 9-1-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Again, why are you all conflating the promotion of disinformation and conspiracy theories as facts/news, with conservatism.

Who is the arbiter of truth?

You people peddled a Russia collusion lie for 3+ years and we didn't take away your toys. A sham impeachment based on crimes Biden committed.

Kavanaugh.

Enough with the disingenuousness.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

A leftist trying to tell conservatives what they are.

Conservatives are patriots who want their rights respected and not be forced to accept unacceptable circumstances in order to live as people on their own nation.
edit on 1 9 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   
I have to wonder when MAGA, the term, will be banned.

link   

Again, why are you all conflating the promotion of disinformation and conspiracy theories as facts/news, with conservatism.

Perhaps if you actually read the article, something odd might strike you. The only news outlets being targeted are conservative news outlets, and they are being "conflated" as synonymous with "disinformation and conspiracy theories as facts/news".
I know you are intelligent, why are you continuing with this line of questioning when the answer is obvious?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Because two things are true.

Fascism is popular with the left.

It feels good to crush others and win.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I have to wonder when MAGA, the term, will be banned.

When they get through using it as a derogatory term for "trumpites". Interesting that they hate what MAGA stands for...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

Facebook has banned the "Walk Away Movement" group and every member of that group.

It's a digital purge.

Weird. I still have my Facebook account. They must have missed one.

*shrugs*

Cool, I guess.

I can only report what I heard this morning on an interview with the founder of the Walk Away movement.

Well he, unsurprisingly, knows as little as you on the matter.

But don’t let it get on the way of your hyperbole and meltdown.

Proceed!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You people peddled a Russia collusion lie for 3+ years and we didn't take away your toys. A sham impeachment based on crimes Biden committed.

That right there is disinformation. Congrats!
That doesn't make you a conservative for promoting it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Interesting...tell me all about ATS’s procedures for how to be banned and what legitimate ideas it tolerates or doesn’t.

I know that VXN knows what the thresholds are. He could (but probably wouldn’t) tell you that if a former staffer has to go through a posting ban, odds are that I will do it because I am firm but fair and won’t let their status as “former staff” allow for a dodge of the issue being addressed. Why? Because posting bans are how issues that disrupt the rest of the membership are dealt with in a one on one deal. To give a free pass would be a disservice to every other member on the site who has been disrupted or disrupts and faces the same interaction.

So to sum up. Despite many personal conversations and amount of knowledge of one another, VXN would be treated no differently than you would.

As for topics...I personally am indifferent on QANON, but conversations of a member not in good standing, are off topics at best and violate parts of the T&C at their worst. I don’t participate in that thread so I can moderate it.

link   

Facebook has banned the "Walk Away Movement" group and every member of that group.

It's a digital purge.

*shrugs*

Cool, I guess.

I can only report what I heard this morning on an interview with the founder of the Walk Away movement.

Proceed!

I don't think any of this is hyperbole. And meltdown?

Is that what being against censorship is?

So I have to support censorship or else I'm having a "meltdown".

How interesting.

link   

It's a digital purge.

*shrugs*

Cool, I guess.

Proceed!

Conservative #WalkAway Facebook page removed along with hundreds of thousands of videos and followers

link   

How is it disinformation?

You peddled this crap.

I watched you do it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Can you imagine if these people weren't so lazy?
edit on 1 9 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There is a VAAAAAASSSSSTTTT difference between presenting Conservative views and intentionally spreading disinformation and promoting debunked conspiracy theories that get people killed. NO ONE is suggesting that conservative views be banned but clearly there are unscrupulous profiteers (I'm talking to you Rupert) that will promulgate propaganda to sell ad space and increase viewership. They could care less about the repercussions.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Can you imagine with these people weren't so lazy?

Yeah, it took me a whole 30 seconds to find that.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

It's a digital purge.

*shrugs*

Cool, I guess.

Proceed!

Conservative #WalkAway Facebook page removed along with hundreds of thousands of videos and followers

Thank you for the clarification.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The left needs to ban speech only because they haven't got anything that would make common sensical people agree with them. If they were so brilliant, they would ask for opposing views and their brilliance would be obvious.
The only people that need to ban opposing views are those that have no comebacks that would make sense.
Personally I always challenge god people or lefties to give it their best go when in a discussion. I don't need to be scared because I am sure of my knowledge and belief. I would feel like a right fool to silence the opposition, because that is what I would be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join